BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tracking our (outbound) loan players 24/25

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

I still find it strange that he was offered a new deal in the first place. 

Good luck to him.

I also find it strange, but that is mainly down to, that from what I have seen he is not very good.

16 hours ago, arbitro said:

Undoubtedly he was cheap but at 22 I am more concerned that he could have been blocking the progress of a younger player with more potential as there was no possibility he would get near the first team. There are others who fall into this category too a few of whom are already out on loan.

Which younger player with more potential though? The only one I can think of is Atcheson, and we loaned him out to gain more first team experience.

Think it was a weird extension though, but probably indeed because we wanted to make sure we had cheap cover...certainly seems pointless now we are loaning him out though.

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Which younger player with more potential though? The only one I can think of is Atcheson, and we loaned him out to gain more first team experience.

Think it was a weird extension though, but probably indeed because we wanted to make sure we had cheap cover...certainly seems pointless now we are loaning him out though.

A big thing for me about young players is testing them and that only really happens by moving up to the next level. Davies, Litherland, Doherty and Olson are players who play in the same position and are younger. Litherland in particular has impressed me. However Saadi did offer some versatility and was able to move into midfield.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KentExile said:

Michalski's Bamber Bridge win 4-2

Eastham's Ashton lose 1-0

Honor's Clitheroe lose 3-2

Atcheson remained on the bench as Northern Ireland U21s lost 2-1 to Ukraine

I went along to Bamber Bridge last night and saw a really entertaining game. Michalski made some good saves and made good use of the ball when it was at his feet. Having seen him playing for Rovers at various levels he always struck me as a hugely confided player. Last night he was vocal and engaged in 'banter' with the Prescot Cables supporters behind his goal.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I went along to Bamber Bridge last night and saw a really entertaining game. Michalski made some good saves and made good use of the ball when it was at his feet. Having seen him playing for Rovers at various levels he always struck me as a hugely confided player. Last night he was vocal and engaged in 'banter' with the Prescot Cables supporters behind his goal.

Re the bold point, maybe this is why he has been loaned out?  He has always looked very good technically, but the loan, even at the 7th tier, where results matter and in front of opposing fans, hopefully gets him to come out of his shell

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Re the bold point, maybe this is why he has been loaned out?  He has always looked very good technically, but the loan, even at the 7th tier, where results matter and in front of opposing fans, hopefully gets him to come out of his shell

I was thinking about this during the game last night. For an outfield player being loaned out it should be beneficial from a physical aspect but that wouldn't really apply to a goalkeeper. There is also an element of character building too which is what you allude to. The facilities in non league compared to what they are used to should give them a greater appreciation of the real football world.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, riverholmes said:

All the best to Saadi and he seems to have made an interesting career move on loan in Cyprus.

However, the decision to contract him and now loan him out looks concerning as to how the club is run. After he was given a new deal, I think the rational thing to have done is to ask Saadi to do a job in the U21s this season to help the youngsters adapt. His versatility, relative experience and French language would've helped a squad somewhat weakened by loans and inevitable injuries. Now that he is off on loan, the contract extension makes even less sense. But, again, best of luck to him and his and his representatives' good fortune.

On good fortune (and, no doubt, effort, having recovered from injuries during his time), I noted that recently released LB, Lenni Rae Cirino came of the bench to replace his brother(?), Rafael, for Montserrat in their defeat to Ecuador. As far as I know, he's not found a club but quite a turn up to have a chance to play international football at that level.

To put this into context Montserrat has a population of 4,383 on the one third of the island that is still inhabitable after the 1995 earthquake. No doubt there’s a somewhat bigger diaspora of people who left after the Earhart it’s still tiny.

O'Riordan came off the bench early in the first half as Cambridge lost 2-1 in an early kick off

Starts today for 

Garrett lost 4-0

Markanday lost 1-0

Batty lost 1-0

Wood drew 1-1

Atcheson & Montgomery (former Rovers U21 Chanka Zimba also playing for Marine)  Lost 3-2

Eastham - won 2-1

On the bench

Vale - Came off the bench as Motherwell lost 2-1

Gamble lost 3-0

Shaw  - came off the bench to score the winner

Cypriot teams (Saadi) kick off at 5pm (not sure if that is our time or their time)

Saadi is on the bench - edit - they lost 3-2

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 5

On 11/09/2024 at 08:55, arbitro said:

I was thinking about this during the game last night. For an outfield player being loaned out it should be beneficial from a physical aspect but that wouldn't really apply to a goalkeeper. There is also an element of character building too which is what you allude to. The facilities in non league compared to what they are used to should give them a greater appreciation of the real football world.

Having seen a some players come on loan to Rovers and not excel, only to do well at a higher level, like Branthwaite, it does make me wonder whether higher levels can be easier for some players, alongside better players, having more time on the ball, possibly, with possession football.

Conversely, I wonder if a player like Dolan or Buckley would be exceptional at non-league level. They would surely stand out technically but I just wonder how they’d fare given the very different and more physical style.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

On 13/09/2024 at 10:34, KentExile said:

Goddard not in the squad for Dundalk tonight.  He has been their first choice since he signed and there is no mention of why he is not involved, so may be injured, dropped, or it may have something to do with Dundalk's financial situation?

Dundalk will, it’s reported, go into liquidation today if last minute investors aren’t found.

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Markanday and Batty both start, Fleck also on the bench for Chesterfield

Both games are on Sky +, kick offs at 12:30

Edit, Half time, Accrington 2-0 up, and Markanday has put Chesterfield 1-0 up

Great for his confidence. Get in lad. He's one of our own (for now)

Starts for 

Atcheson & Montgomery - lost 1-0

Eastham lost 3-0

On the bench

Garrett lost 3-2

O'Riordan lost 2-1

Gamble drew 1-1

Wood - came off the bench for the last 20 mins, lost 2-0

Shaw - came off the bench for the last 20 mins, lost 1-0

Earlier today

Markanday started and scored as Chesterfield drew 1-1

Batty played the full 90 as Accrington drew 2-2 (conceding 2 late goals to Port Vale)

Dundalk (Goddard) play tonight and the Cypriot league (Saadi) tomorrow

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

I went to Accrington today where Jake Batty excelled and was named man of the match. He played as a left wing back and really worked the line defensively and offensively. Listening to Stanley fans around me they were fulsome in their praise of him for his performances in his first few games. Sadly it didn't end in a Stanley win as they threw away a two goal lead in the last few minutes.

• Like 4