BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Oxford Utd (h) - 24/08/2024

A better team than Oxford scores 2-3 in that half.

Really need a better performance in the 2nd.

Hedges has had the worst half I think I've ever seen him play - really poor.

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's been a really poor game of football. Both teams have lacked quality. We lack pace - it's terrifying how slow we are across the park. 

Hedges and JRC much too slow out wide. 

Throw on Siggy and Gueye. Maybe Weimann.

Dolan needs to come off.

JRC is not a winger. Would be tempted to take off Brittain and put him in at right back.

Travis has been poor. 

Ohashi is great. I'd put him in no 10 behind Gueye.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

What did he do wrong there, exactly? He’s not too far out at all and it is hit perfectly, dipping into the goal. He’s a generally shit keeper but there’s nothing he did wrong at all on that. Hyam should’ve won his duel.

He got beaten from about 35 yards out. Another game without a clean sheet.

To be fair if I was the opposition manager I'd just tell my players to shoot on sight - he lets most of them in. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 3

As others have said we lack creativity and pace going forward. And it's so frustrating to watch us take one or more touches at times to take the edge away from an attacking move. Dolan hasn't done enough.

No one was saving that goal, it's a goal of the season candidate.

Yuki did well to get the ball back in the box for the equaliser from JRC, who up to that point I thought hadn't contributed enough.

We really need a spark up front, we're missing Sammie. If there is any possible chance of spend money on Stansfield and a winger, we should do it.

Dolan isn’t the answer in that 10 role. Buckley or JRC would be much better. Maybe even Ohashi in behind Gueye

Far too many of our attacks break down with Dolan. How he didn’t slide Ohashi through early doors is beyond me

Overall just been too lethargic. Feel as though we miss Gueye as our out ball 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He got beaten from about 35 yards out. Another game without a clean sheet.

To be fair if I was the opposition manager I'd just tell my players to shoot on sight - he lets most of them in. 

Yes, you’re right, only shit keepers get beaten from 35 yards. (1:46 for Buffon’s howler).

• Backroom

Pretty poor first half. Yet another goal in the conceded column. JRC equaliser right before half time could be a game changer though. Get Big Mac on in the second half and let him bully their defence. We need to give them something to worry about. 

• Like 1

As one of Pears’ biggest long standing critics I’m not sure I can put much blame on him for that goal. 
Dom Hyam should be the one getting a bollocking - allowing the (smaller) attacker to control the ball with his chest / shoulder from a long ball - absolute pathetic CB defending and we see that continuously from him, way too soft. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Dolan isn’t the answer in that 10 role. Buckley or JRC would be much better. Maybe even Ohashi in behind Gueye

Far too many of our attacks break down with Dolan. How he didn’t slide Ohashi through early doors is beyond me

Overall just been too lethargic. Feel as though we miss Gueye as our out ball 

Sigurdsson should be next in line for the #10 role. 

This is Dolan's third game this season there and he's not done enough to nail down the position. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Yes, you’re right, only shit keepers get beaten from 35 yards. (1:46 for Buffon’s howler).

Seedorf from 20 yards out not the same as Harris from 35 to be fair. 

Edited by yankfan
Autocorrect just won’t let me type his name

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just tuned in - sounds a grim half. Amazed Gueye didnt start.

Hedges is dire everytime he plays. Absolutely no change there.

Hedges did well and scored in our last game remember?

• Like 1

Typical Championship football! Some huff and puff, some horrible mistakes and a few moments of glory. Happy Eustace has brought a fighting spirit into this team, going by our last matches. Think we will win this. Someone else than the ordinary suspects, like Pickering or Trondstad to score the winner. COYB!!