BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Oxford Utd (h) - 24/08/2024

14 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Just got back from a wedding to a message from my nephew:

image.jpeg.9485d8500aa4662c6d1b347d006e1878.jpeg

For context they played together at Cardiff when they were in the under 18s.

Bet the cunt scored plenty over there too 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

There were justified question marks last season when Eustace failed to win a single home game despite some favourable fixtures. You have to be strong at home.

This season we have played 2 promoted sides that look really limited and will likely be right near the bottom. They are games you have to be winning as your bread and butter and we have got all 6 points which is a really solid foundation to build on so very pleasing.

Today was not a particularly good performance to be honest and our limitations were clear so it was just about getting over the line. We badly need some pace in the final third, we were quite stodgy and predictable. Dolan continues to underwhelm, Hedges was poor and although he took his goal well, I am still not convinced by JRC. 

I think we need 2 more attackers with at least one being a quick winger but first need to decide where Ohashi is best placed. I thought he struggled at times as a main striker, hes not the quickest, he struggled to hold it up and his lay offs are often loose. But when he played off Gueye a bit deeper, he came to life more and it allowed him to pick the ball up in clever areas and drive with the ball. If hes seen as playing off the front then we need competition for Gueye as he would be the only senior striker, if not then we could do with a second wide man. Gueye struggled when he came on, I suspect he will come up with performances like this as he is very unpolished, with a wild finish, poor first touches and occasionally causing us problems going back. But he showed what he can do in the first 2 games. Not convinced he will score that many but gives us a different dimension.

This is why there's a strong argument to bring in the other Japanese forward and a winger. 

To be fair to Gueye, it was probably his dodgiest performance to date..

but the team was more effective with him up there, he got an assist and almost gave Ohashi a tap in from a header!

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

I think Elliot Jackson is on some strong gear.

In his match ratings he’s given Pears an 8 and Tronstad a 6. 

Bizarre.

He’s had some push back from Rovers about player ratings 😆

3 hours ago, Silas said:

True. But a load don't put him in as too expensive. So we'll have gained on a section  

Got Raya, Gabriel and Saliba. So a clean sheet in this evening game and I'm gonna be flying. 

Me to 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neal said:

My thoughts...

Was a tough watch. Sloppy in possession but credit to Oxford, they looked dangerous on the counter attack. Harris up front is a proper player and has scored the best goal I've seen here for some time, I actually stood up and clapped him. Unreal goal. 

On to us... I don't trust our defence, particularly Hyam, there's just something very wooden about him and always get the feeling him and Pears are a disaster waiting to happen. Carter was just ok but played some unreal cross field passes. Full backs were solid, I thought both had decent games and coped well. 

I thought Trav did an ok job. He was frustrating and sloppy at times but seems like necessary player we need in there. 

I thought Trosntad was brilliant again today, what a player. Great block in first half, great engine, so tidy, so industrious, I thought he deserved man of the match personally. 

JRC is not fit. I watched him 15 mins into the game inside their box and he had his hands on his knees absolutely shattered. He walked through most of the first half and did not make runs to track players. Fair play for the goal but there's something not right. 

Ohashi is a proper grafter, he closes down really well and was unlucky not to get another goal. A proper honest player that will give you 100% every week. 

As frustrating as Dolan is, he absolutely worked his balls of to be fair and did a lot of hard work off the ball which he doesn't get credit for. It will be quite interesting to see what happens if he loses his place for Siggy because they seem like opposites. Siggy doesn't have the graft but has end product. Class finish and it may well have played his way into the side. 

Gueye is really effective in the air but I think the rest of the team needs to work out how to use him more effectively. Sometimes they just need to fire it into his feet for him to look after and just trust in his size. He's very unorthodox but just so awkward to play against and a proper team player. I love his passion to win, he demands the ball from the players and doesn't go hiding even if things don't come off. His relationship with the fans is great aswell, gets everyone fired up and connects the fans and players together well. Big soft spot for Big Mac. 

Big shout out to Andy Weimann. He's a proper player on the quiet. His passing and decision making is always right and has been a really effective sub for us these 3 opening games and has had key hand in quite a few of our goals, including today. Tidy signing for us. 

Finally, shout out to John Eustace. 2 home wins in 2. Granted, against newly promoted sides which is perhaps a bit of a blessing for him but we can only beat what's in front of us. There's a difference in style of play, he's put together a real bunch grafters. A rare win from a losing position is something many managers of ours haven't managed to do in the championship. I still haven't heard his name sung by the fans at Ewood and whilst I understand the caution I think he deserves a bit more support from us given the start we've had. His subs have been perfect so far and his decision making has won us games/points. Fair play to the boss. 

6/10 performance 

10/10 effort/result

COYB!

His in game management based on this season and the end of last is much better than anyone we've had for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

This is why there's a strong argument to bring in the other Japanese forward and a winger. 

To be fair to Gueye, it was probably his dodgiest performance to date..

but the team was more effective with him up there, he got an assist and almost gave Ohashi a tap in from a header!

From reports, it seems that Germain would be as an alternative to a winger which wouldnt make sense. We need a natural winger regardless, but Germain aswell would give us the option to play him or Gueye with Ohashi off him knowing we have someone on the bench to change things up.

I think we will have some performances along the way like what Gueye put in today. He is technically poor and I am not convinced yet that he will get loads of goals but he showed in his first 2 games that he has something to offer.

5 hours ago, neophox said:

Looks like Ipswich are going straight down this season .... too many league one players in the team.

Crazy how they massively overpaid for dross like Delap and Muric who are nowhere near Premier league standard. Will be very surprised if they manage to avoid relegation.

We were sluggish in the first half hour, Oxford looked the most likely team to score, it took there opener which was goal of the month to wake us up and Joe Rankin Costello put us level just before the break. We woke up in the 2nd half and started looking for the winner, a nice finish from Arnie Siggurdsen gave us the 3pts. This team unlike last season dont put up the white flag when they go behind, which is promising signs for Rovers supporters. One critisism is we don't get the ball in the box enough, when thers 2 6ft plus strikers waiting to get on the end of a cross. A decent winger would improve things before the window closes. Ohashi deserved the man of the match award.

11 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

There were'nt that many in the Darwen end, about 3 ore 4 thousand.

Lol. Have you been drinking 😂😂 They had half the bottom tier which was about half full. So about 1300ish

• Like 1