BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Oxford Utd (h) - 24/08/2024

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Funnily enough the first thing springs to mind for me when Oxford United are mentioned is an own goal by Colin Hendry, an spirited fightback by Rovers and an entertaining 2-2 draw at Ewood.

In a game we were expected to walk......

Billy Hamilton, Kevin Brock, Aldridge and Houghton when I think of Oxford. Very good side mid 80’s, went on to bigger and better things whilst we couldn’t quite make that next step to promotion until 92 and the rest is history. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Gueye should not be on the bench 

Agreed, he’s such a handful physically that you really need him from the off, but there could be fitness concerns, who knows?

Ohashi leading the line is for later in the game against tired legs, where he can really cause some mischief. I still think he should be in the 10 behind Gueye, but you probably can’t have both on for a full 90 at the moment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aletheia said:

Nice photo of Rovers team here from 64.

https://roverstan.wordpress.com/2015/02/13/fa-cup-5th-round-1964-style/

Anyway, that's enough history -the present is somewhat more pressing. 🙂

Mick Ferguson

Andy McEvoy

Fred Pickering

Bryan Douglas

Mike Harrison

Now that is what I call a forward line!

Goals, goals and more goals - aggression. pace and trickery.

Remember them all like it was only yesterday! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Because we’ll only get an hour max out of both of Ohashi and Gueye so who do we bring on then ? 

Would prefer to start him to defend corners instead of risking an early goal against on a set piece. However Brannagan and Moore are not playing for Oxford. That helps 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Would prefer to start him to defend corners instead of risking an early goal against on a set piece. However Brannagan and Moore are not playing for Oxford. That helps 

I’d start him also, but I wouldn’t start them both. Maybe JE’s looking to exploit the centre halves lack of pace. I like Gueye but pace isn’t his biggest asset. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d start him also, but I wouldn’t start them both. Maybe JE’s looking to exploit the centre halves lack of pace. I like Gueye but pace isn’t his biggest asset. 

Why wouldnt you start both? Because Dolan won’t have the same impact from the bench and thus you throw all your aces from the start? 

There is a ton of reasons why he could’ve picked Ohashi. Injuries aside it’s probably to reward Yuki or because we want to move some big lump of a cb about…either way, no issues with me, hopefully Big Mak comes on to bag our third and final goal 👊🏽

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

TONY WATT WATT WATT

Game straight after Rovers played against him at Charlton and Rhodes left. Good away day at Oxford on that occasion!

• Like 1

It’s competition for the center forward position. Fantastic for the club, we’ve just forgotten what it looks like, since we haven’t had 1 let alone 2 competent players for that position since Armstrong left.  Both have played well but at the end of the day Ohashi has 3 in 3. Deserves to play, Big Mac hasn’t played poorly but hasn’t finished as well as he could. 

Big call by Eustace, I hope it pays off for him because if it doesn't there will be a few pointing the finger for not starting big Mac. Personally gutted he's not starting, he's a big problem for defenders. 

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That must be the slowest team ever to grace the Championship. 

It's slightly quicker than the team that started the first two matches (Yuki is faster than Gueye), but yeah it's crying out for actual pace.