BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

We appear to have played them 104 times, and they are three wins ahead. I had a dread that they might muller us, but they lost today, and JE is impressing after a dodgy start. A draw? Would we take that? Please play Gueye to give them something to think about. Just wear the badge and play with pride!

• Like 3

I would snap their hand off for a draw. A couple of shrewd signings and I think we could be competitive in this league, but a draw definitely signifies that we could be heading in the right direction as a club.

Edited by Colt Seavers
  • Like 6

I accepted defeat after they smashed Luton, but  there’s a bit of an unknown about us going forward and there’s a few chinks showing in their armour.

When we went under JDT, I knew we would lose as JDT. I’ve slightly more optimism this time.

• Like 1

Burnley results 4-1, 5-0, 0-1

But xG 1.46, 0.81 and 0.11

Whilst plenty think this measurement is a load of shite, you might appreciate when it paints that their performances are being tinted somewhat. 
They’ve scored 9 goals from 11 shots on target in 3 games thanks to keeper howlers and own goals. 

Anyway, all isn’t rosey over the road, and I actually think they’ll struggle to get top 2 with Parker in charge (they’re miles off Leeds anyway). 
However, we really need to up our own game to get anything going there! Here’s hoping 

• Like 3

Following on from the above and looking at their squad today and their board it seems it’s an absolute mess over there.

O’Shea wasn’t in the squad and not injured so must be on his way out. Rumours that Koleosho is off to Wolves and Amdouni is off too.

Ramsey and Beyer are injured. I honestly don’t recognise most their starting 11. We’re playing them at a great time, it’s a fire sale over there 

• Like 2

Genuinely have no idea how this will go. There appears to be a bit of discontent over the road lately - they've started selling anything not nailed down, but there still remains a very strong squad - although perhaps a bit thin, 2 keepers and academy players on the bench today. Worrall should be a good signing, no idea if they have more in the pipeline. This next week will be important for them, will be interested to see if they reinvest much. Lots of 'asset stripping' accusations being levelled at Pace, again I have no idea if that's fair. They were apparently absolutely piss today, created nothing at Sunderland (who look a good side). 

It really depends if we have the stomach for it. It will be one of the toughest games of the season but one reassuring point is we don't lie down when we go behind now. For all his good qualities, JDT really dropped the ball at Turf Moor last time - his odd formation, omission of the Whartons and beaming smile post-game still winds me up now. 

We are long overdue some sort of joy vs them - we haven't scored against them since 2014! A chance for one of the new lads to really make themselves a hero. 

Prediction - lots of pints, a vociferous away end and frayed nerves. I fear for Pears in this one though, but then he has stood up in pressure moments (Leicester/Leeds away). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

I accepted defeat after they smashed Luton, but  there’s a bit of an unknown about us going forward and there’s a few chinks showing in their armour.

When we went under JDT, I knew we would lose as JDT. I’ve slightly more optimism this time.

Claret in peace ....

We haven't got " chinks in our armour ", we're going into battle wearing a loin-cloth ... 3 Goalkeepers and kids on the bench today, no Cullen, no O'Shea, No Koleosho, No Weghorst ... no pace up front and players coming to Gawthorpe not knowing who's going to still be there tomorrow ... it's a joke !

The simple truth is that we signed some some promising looking players from clubs in Belgium and France, sold the " project " by Vincent Kompany .. why else would they come to Burnley ? Kompany is now not a factor, and their agents are trying to find them new Clubs to trigger " a new commission fee/ look after their client " ( depending on your view-point ! )

• Like 5

Just finished chatting with a Burnley supporting friend of mine and he mantioned a "fire sale" aswell. I've no idea what's happening there tbh. 

I'll be happy with a draw and a decent performance but the likelihood is a first defeat of the season. 

Prove me wrong Rovers. 

Above them in the league going into a game for the first time in how long? Perhaps John Claret might know.

I’m a lot more positive going into this one than the last couple of times. But I’d love Pears and Hyam not to be involved - especially no-balls Hyam, who was humiliated there last time and did nothing about it.

Burnley 2 (Lockhead, Kindon) Rovers 3 (Wagstaffe, Big Mac, Brotherston)

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Claret in peace ....

We haven't got " chinks in our armour ", we're going into battle wearing a loin-cloth ... 3 Goalkeepers and kids on the bench today, no Cullen, no O'Shea, No Koleosho, No Weghorst ... no pace up front and players coming to Gawthorpe not knowing who's going to still be there tomorrow ... it's a joke !

The simple truth is that we signed some some promising looking players from clubs in Belgium and France, sold the " project " by Vincent Kompany .. why else would they come to Burnley ? Kompany is now not a factor, and their agents are trying to find them new Clubs to trigger " a new commission fee/ look after their client " ( depending on your view-point ! )

Parker looked furious in his interview today post-game - we sadly have lots of experience in seeing our managers looking not-so-subtly pissed off at transfers and boardroom shenanigans! 

I predicted to a few of their gobshites who hound on twitter that this time around wouldn't be as easy and at some point financial reality would dawn as the hedge fund looks to maintain its dividends.

That being said beware the wounded animal so we need to seize on any negativity over there and get amongst them from the off not sit back and shit our pants like last time.  JDT got everything wrong in that one but i think Eustave should have more of a grasp on it.

Get a goal up and see what happens, for the self styled most passionate vocal fans in the entire universe they don't half go quiet over there when things aren't going well.

Massive game as always but it would just be typical for them to get it all together when we turn up.

Clampets  2     Rovers   2

• Like 2

By the way is it me or is this the most low key build up ever to one of these fixtures ?

Must be early season syndrome and the shenanigans going on off the park at both clubs that has distracted, maybe that's not a bad thing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

By the way is it me or is this the most low key build up ever to one of these fixtures ?

Must be early season syndrome and the shenanigans going on off the park at both clubs that has distracted, maybe that's not a bad thing.

I agree about it being low key too. I think it's down to both groups of fans deep down being willing to agree on a draw before hand.

It's always a bad look when a manager chooses to put two keepers on the bench instead of an under 23/18s kid to prove a point. 

Would have preferred them this weekend than next as there may be more stability at the dingledome by then ... I pray there isn't though!

• Like 1

FIRE SALE! ASSET STRIPPING! Cry the clarrot n boos...sounds like they are in turmoil.

Mmmmm...dont  quite believe it.Rovers will have to be at our best to get anything and we all know it.

Get into their ugly faces right from the off,put a ball busting performance in and who knows!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Claret in peace ....

Sounds like they borrowed much more than they should have to fund Kompany's project and now they need to raise £100m in sales to pay it off. Also some players want to leave now Kompany has gone and replacing them isn't easy when you can't spend much (as every Rovers fan will know).

It's either shocking ownership and the beginning of some real turmoil or an over-reaction from Burnley fans expecting to walk the league.

I wonder if Pace will be sat there holding hands with his daughter and wife on Saturday as he did two years ago.

2 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Claret in peace ....

And what’s the bad news 😂

• Like 3

Dingles ownership did a Glazers.

They loaded the debt to buy the club onto the club.

I'd like to say I had no idea what the Rovers line up would be confident there will be 5 high quality signings before Thursday.....

After Burnley's performance at Luton, I didn't think we had a prayer.

However, it's clear things aren't all well over at Turf Moor.

I actually think we've rode our luck a bit in the 3 league games so far and 7 points is a wee bit flattering.

First goal is going to be vital and I think Burnley will come out the blocks very quickly.

Would like to see the ins and outs this week for both clubs before calling it, however, I think our chances of getting a result after significantly improved since Burnley's opening win at Luton 

• Like 3

If we turn up like we did in the first half we'll be 3-0 down at half time.

Wonder if JE will revert to a 3 at the back for this like he did for the Leeds/Leicester games last season.

I refuse to get sucked in by all this 'crisis' talk from over there. They have scored nine goals in their three games and lost yesterday to a good Sunderland team. They still have players who, on their day can have too much for us with pace being one of their strengths. Right now I'd take a draw.

Under these wretched owners we haven't beaten them and undoubtedly the trogs will be eulogising about the Punekars next Saturday.

• Like 1

I can tell you now, that lot are more worried about this game that we are, they're expected to win conformably with the money they've got sloshing around and the fancy wage bill.

If we can't beat them, I hope we show some pride and passion for the shirt and maybe even kick seven bells out of a few of them!

Minis vrs Ferraris as a hammered and humiliated dingle once said.

burnley 1 Rovers 2

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

Not really taken any notice of what is going on over there but aren't they just trying to do what they did last time they dropped ?

Rake in a load of cash to service debt and give their investors their annual chunk whilst garnering enough funds for a rebuild with less wages ?

Worked like a dream last time but as iv'e said many times since to various clarrot trolls lightening never strikes twice.

• Herbie6590 changed the title to Rovers against that lot (a) - 31/08/2024
  • Herbie6590 pinned this topic
5 hours ago, Mercer said:

After Burnley's performance at Luton, I didn't think we had a prayer.

However, it's clear things aren't all well over at Turf Moor.

I actually think we've rode our luck a bit in the 3 league games so far and 7 points is a wee bit flattering.

First goal is going to be vital and I think Burnley will come out the blocks very quickly.

Would like to see the ins and outs this week for both clubs before calling it, however, I think our chances of getting a result after significantly improved since Burnley's opening win at Luton 

To add an extra plot twist. Luton had/have three defenders out.

But I really hope you put your house on a Burnley win. Do it for Rovers Merce!

• Like 1