BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

A complete lack of effort so far, funnily enough with a lot of players who also put no effort in 2 years ago. 

Commentators all over Burnley's amazing football but we just hoof it to them every time we get the ball.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Hannibal there doing the kind of stuff I want our lads to do, it’s like no matter the words our lads always fail to get the significance and what’s needed 

Just now, Tom said:

Hannibal there doing the kind of stuff I want our lads to do, it’s like no matter the words our lads always fail to get the significance and what’s needed 

What, pushing a LB off the field of play? 

1 minute ago, RTM08 said:

A complete lack of effort so far, funnily enough with a lot of players who also put no effort in 2 years ago. 

Commentators all over Burnley's amazing football but we just hoof it to them every time we get the ball.

They just have better football players than we do.

As we've said repeatedly, we needed pace adding to the attack - we didn't really sign any (I've no idea if this Brighton kid is any good) so they can just push up the field with little fear of us getting in behind.

Dolan gets worse the more he plays by the way. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What, pushing a LB off the field of play? 

Yep and that’s more like it from Trav and Gueye 

Remind them we are here 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I loved the complete bollocks people were spouting about JE being more up for a derby than JDT

Neither of the managers can get anything out of our mentally weak losers. Some of these players are as soft as they come 

I think JDT tried the 'take the pressure off' approach by trying to treat it as just another game, as annoying as that sounded to us. He likely felt that was the best way to try and alleviate the mental pressure from a group of players well known for being unable to handle it. Eustace has made a point of how important the game is, almost the opposite approach.

JDT's approach didn't work, and Eustace's doesn't seem to have done much either based on this start.