BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

I would be very very happy with a draw today. Heart says win - head says narrow loss or draw. I think a draw would keep our good start to the season going. So so so nervous about this one! COYB!!!

• Like 1

Local reports say that supermarkets in the Blackburn area have run out of Dettol and other disinfectants. The surge in sales is put down to Rovers fans who are going to Turd Morgue needing to bathe in it this evening.

• Like 5

Hard to see anything but a defeat today, even with Burnley in a bit of turmoil. That being said, definitely the most hope we've had going into one of these fixtures in a while.

The good start and the signings yesterday also mean that this fixture doesn't have the same (league) pressure that it could have. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I dread these games. I hate losing to these fuckers.

When was the last time we beat them, or even scored against them?

We must be due one, right? RIGHT?!

It takes a bit of the pressure off for me to be honest. I've spoken to a good few of their fans this week, and they're not confident, they're taking a draw now just to keep the run going. 

One said last night, if Cullen misses out, we win. 

I look forward to them a lot more than when we were on top, the roles have been reversed over the past few years,as you say we're due one. 

Don't like doing predictions, but got a feeling any win might involve wily Weimann. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, arbitro said:

No place for faint hearts today. Every player needs to be at it from the first minute but also keep cool heads.

I agree, but equally important to keep composure and control that adrenaline 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, M_B said:

I look forward to them a lot more than when we were on top, the roles have been reversed over the past few years,as you say we're due one.

I'm surprised any Rovers supporter could look forward to the derby more when we've been easily beaten and dominated for years than when we were doing it to them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Would snap your hand off for a draw

despite what the Burnley fans are saying their squad is a lot better than ours

keep it close and give it your all blues

Leeds and Leicester had a better squad than us last year and we still went there and won- come on Rovers! 3-1 to us 

19 minutes ago, M_B said:

It takes a bit of the pressure off for me to be honest. I've spoken to a good few of their fans this week, and they're not confident, they're taking a draw now just to keep the run going. 

One said last night, if Cullen misses out, we win. 

Don't like doing predictions, but got a feeling any win might involve wily Weimann. 

This used to be us during our unbeaten record against them, more concerned about keeping the record and the pressure just kept building up.

Our last showing at their place was abysmal, the lads have to do better this time around.

• Like 1

Let’s not get carried away with the idea that Burnley are going to be under strength. They’re not. This will be a very tough game and we will do well to come away with a draw. Hoping we don’t have a repeat of the last game there when JDT didn’t have a clue about what this game is all about. 

• Like 1

There is nothing to fear, except fear itself.

Rovers go into this game on a decent run of results, Tuesday apart, and with some new names to bring to the fixture if not today, then certainly in the reverse game later in the season. There is no place for blind optimism, abject surrender or fannying around at the back this afternoon. Every single one of our 'Professional' players needs to make it their priority to do their job to the best of their ability, and I'd expect the ClarrotnBlurgh counterparts to do the same.

It is about time for the pendulum to begin the swing back down the M65 in our direction, IMO, although the six fingered brethren might argue for at least a further 20 years on top of their 'extended' advantage - no concessions from me on that score though - may the best team (Rovers) win, and may the watching world be treated to a footballing spectacle that is the essence of why we love the beautiful game.

Make us proud and paint a new positive chapter into our history.

COYB! COYB! Come On, You Mighty BLUES!!

• Like 2

Pleased to read yesterday that Eustace acknowledged there was (rightly) a perception that under JDT the team treated local derbies as just another game and weren't really up for it.

I want to see them giving their all today and us physically leaving a mark on them like they did to us the last time we went there. If we do that, that'll do me and I'd happily take a point now but I think I heard yesterday it was six consecutive defeats in this fixture so it'd be nice to reverse that trend sooner rather than later.

1-1.