BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

After Burnley's performance at Luton, I didn't think we had a prayer.

However, it's clear things aren't all well over at Turf Moor.

I actually think we've rode our luck a bit in the 3 league games so far and 7 points is a wee bit flattering.

First goal is going to be vital and I think Burnley will come out the blocks very quickly.

Would like to see the ins and outs this week for both clubs before calling it, however, I think our chances of getting a result after significantly improved since Burnley's opening win at Luton 

Pretty much exactly how I see it. Their game yesterday would have well and truly banished any complacency that they would otherwise have, but if their team next week looks like the one that turned out at Sunderland, then there's much less to fear than there was last time around. 

Whether we'll take advantage or not is another question. 

• Like 1

The way JE sets up, he will have much more luck against a coach like Parker than he would against Oxford

Parker will want to play on the front foot and push high. It lends itself to the counter

It’s hard to make predictions in a game like this. Going for a draw, with Gueye to score and celebrate like a mad man 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Big Mak has an opportunity on Saturday to make himself a folk hero.

He looks phenomenal in the air. Has won more headers in these first few games than Gally did in his years here

I reckon he will have a bit of luck if he can peel on to Egan Riley. Has to be a thought for us

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

He looks phenomenal in the air. Has won more headers in these first few games than Gally did in his years here

I reckon he will have a bit of luck if he can peel on to Egan Riley. Has to be a thought for us

100%

a5bf4756-6c25-4fb5-a8a3-734afbfc4a4e.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hasta said:

I accepted defeat after they smashed Luton, but  there’s a bit of an unknown about us going forward and there’s a few chinks showing in their armour.

When we went under JDT, I knew we would lose as JDT. I’ve slightly more optimism this time.

Jdt did not understand the derby first time round, he put out a shit team then tried to outplay them and the mistakes oozed out while keeping the Wharton bros on the bench. He learnt second time round but despite a dominant rovers performance our lack of cutting edge and a world is seperated us 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Think we'll be absolutely bummed, with a terrible performance from Pears and the defence. 

The instant worry even if the team is playing well is the keeper but to be fair TK had probably his worst game in a Rovers shirt last time there. Although a lot of that can be blamed on JDTs tactics and team selection.

At least Barnes isn't there this time to bully Hyam.

2 hours ago, booth said:

Looks like they are selling another four this week.

Problem is they will loan in at least that many. Players on massive wages who aren’t quite breaking in to top half Premier League teams but will get a full season at Burnley then a £20 million transfer to a bottom half Premier League team in 12 months.

1 hour ago, TheRovers1994 said:

Jdt did not understand the derby first time round, he put out a shit team then tried to outplay them and the mistakes oozed out while keeping the Wharton bros on the bench. He learnt second time round but despite a dominant rovers performance our lack of cutting edge and a world is seperated us 

Exactly. Burnley fans at work couldn’t understand why I was so negative before the game, but where Sheff United had tried to bully Burnley and put pressure on the defence when they battered them the game before, we all knew JDT tried to out-football every side we played. Looking at the squads on paper that clearly wasn’t going to work and so it proved. When we got to half time without mustering a serious attack, there was no chance he was going to change. Just more of the same.

This is a bit be different now. We can still play some decent football, especially on the counter attack. But we can also load the box and be physical under Eustace. You still clearly fancy them, but I’m pleasantly surprised at the distress signals we are seeing over there.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

Couldn’t pick a better time to play them. 14 players out for them in the last game, Parker already swinging his dick about dropping players who ‘don’t want to be there’. Horrible feeling that Pears can’t deal with the pressure and we get done 3-0, but I’ve just got that sneaky little feeling that we can turn them over 1-0. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The way JE sets up, he will have much more luck against a coach like Parker than he would against Oxford

Parker will want to play on the front foot and push high. It lends itself to the counter

It’s hard to make predictions in a game like this. Going for a draw, with Gueye to score and celebrate like a mad man 

i`d like to see big maks celebration when he finally scores one in the league,he`s definately gettting a yellow card for it😁

44 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Problem is they will loan in at least that many. Players on massive wages who aren’t quite breaking in to top half Premier League teams but will get a full season at Burnley then a £20 million transfer to a bottom half Premier League team in 12 months.

It’s certainly a problem for them when key players like Benson, Zaroury, Vitinho and Brownhill are leaving. 

It’s the Venkys strategy of sell big, buy cheap and the rest of the cash disappears. But Burnley appear to be doing it all at once.

14 minutes ago, booth said:

It’s certainly a problem for them when key players like Benson, Zaroury, Vitinho and Brownhill are leaving. 

It’s the Venkys strategy of sell big, buy cheap and the rest of the cash disappears. But Burnley appear to be doing it all at once.

🤞🤞

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dallydally said:

This will be a "wake up and smell the coffee" moment. Dingles will win this comfortably I'm afraid. 2 - 0 at least

You’re probably right, but I think it’s those wins at Leeds and Leicester late last season that gives me a little bit of hope we won’t just crumble and wilt like last time.

Edited by Hasta

• Backroom

My team (assuming no further injuries) would be:

New/Pears

JRC.      McFadz.    Batth.     New/Pickering

Tronstad        Travis

Hedges     Ohashi     Weimann

Gueye

Go in, go hard, beat the fuck out of them.

• Like 2