BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

5 minutes ago, booth said:

That "offside" goal decision is fucking disgusting. Changes the game if it stands.

It wasn't given for offside - it was 'obstruction' by Hedges on their lad,  that put Dolan through.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

We've barely had a kick and been poor...but we should be 2-1 up. Don't think I've seen a worse offside decision. Great goal from Weimann.

We need to improve second half or we will lose this one. Burnley aren't a patch on what there were 2 years ago but they're still one of the better teams in the league.

• Like 3

Just now, booth said:

I'm calling it. If Big Mak scores a goal, he's going to clothesline every Burnley fan on the front rows.

If only our defenders were as amped up.

Fucking love him! Ordered Tronstad on my shirt, but need a new one with Gueye on 

• Like 4

Just now, Old Codger said:

It wasn't given for offside - it was 'obstruction' by Hedges on their lad,  that put Dolan through.

Offside according to the commentators, info from the fourth official.

That was poor, took 40minutes to string more than 2 passes together…They are pressing high but we just don’t have any pace to catch them on the break.

Beck looked shaky at the first 5 but has since looked good, nice little drive forward cutting inside towards the latter stages.

• Like 2

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

That was poor, took 40minutes to string more than 2 passes together…They are pressing high but we just don’t have any pace to catch them on the break.

Beck looked shaky at the first 5 but has since looked good, nice little drive forward cutting inside towards the latter stages.

Really liked the last 15 from Beck, in their faces ready for a tackle! Reminds me of Warnock

• Like 6

Fortunate still to be still in it.

Weimann's stunner got us a foothold.

Pears is a major, major worry.

Dolan needs hooking.

Travis needs to be careful, lucky Burnley lad stayed on his feet towards end of half otherwise a 2nd booking.

Beck grown into it and my God he needed to after a shaky start.

• Like 2

Really pleased with Beck, I like the tenacity.
Weimann an instant legend, great strike.

Otherwise not much else.

Hedges is just wasteful, Dolan offers nothing and Pears continues to be massive liability - he will cost us this game and has been lucky to get away with 2 blunders in the first half.

Offside decision for Dolan's goal was ludicrous, but we have to get on with it.

Get the new lads on, Baker and Duberry. And ideally Toth.

• Like 2

• Backroom

I’m getting more and more wound up about that decision it’s just absurd on many levels.

Another assist for Big Mak by the way it’s a super header 

• Like 3

Well that was more entertaining than I thought it would be after 10 mins. Said it called for something special, and something special we got. Burnley got better players but we've looked more and more up for it after the goal. Hope Eustace replaces Dolan with Ohasi at the break.

Standout players for me have been Weimann, Big Mak and Beck (talk about trial of fire!)

Lots to be critical of, but it's 1-1, I wasn't bored to tears and we weren't totally demolished! Hope Siggy or Ohasi might bring that something special in 2nd half or even better: Amario. COYB!!!

Beck has grown into the game, but had a very shaky start.

Dolan needs to be taken off, oh to have had Szmodics today. 

Hyam, post injury is terrible, doesn’t look up for a fight. Would love to see McFadzean on for experience but they’d expose his lack of pace too easily.