BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

6 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Pears, Dolan, Hyam and Brittain having nightmares, but after a shocking start we should be 2-1 up so I can't complain too much.

They're there for the taking for sure.

Watching their goal again confirms what I thought initially - it's Pears and Hyam being shit.

It's good build up play by them - Carter does his job and tracks his man (who backheels it to Anthony). Brittain does his job and tracks his man, forcing him to put in a cross at pace with his 'wrong foot'. 

It's Hyam marking air(he only had one attacker to track) and Pears letting a header from 8+ yards out that hits the middle of the goal go in. Criminal. 

• Like 5

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

there is no accountability for referees and linesmen for their performances,i hope their terrible decision evens  out in the 2nd half

Hope someone’s had a word in their ear so they know what a mistake they’ve made ahead of making some 50/50 decisions in the second half 

12 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Rather have Fadz than

Hyam at the back.

He's absolutely spineless. 

Hyam Also at the fault for the Goal. Continuing his powerpuff performance throwing away the game against Blackpool 

Pears, Dolan, Hedges are not good enough to be starting games regularly. All need taking out after today. Hyam heading into that category too. Batth should be ahead of him.

Edited by rovers11
  • Like 2

Really mixed emotions on that first half. Thought Rovers were poor for the most part and yet should be 2-1 up. Playing the ref doesn't help either, hopefully he sees what a dreadful mistake he's made at half time and gives us a bit more rub of the green in the 2nd half.

Feels like there is another goal in it for Burnley. Pears looks shakier than ever.

Felt that young Beck has held his own for the most part in what is a baptism of fire.

Can't see Gueye lasting the 90. He's a sending off waiting to happen.

Expecting Baker, Yuki and Cozier-Duberry all on at some point.

Would snap your hand off for a draw right now.

• Like 4

I honestly think Hyam will perform better once Pears is out of the team. You can clearly see Pears does not communicate with his defenders and they have no confidence in him. So many times Pears should either come for the ball or shout at his defenders to clear it, what does he do? Nothing- he needs shifting quickly; my worry is that without a cup game Pears will keep starting until he makes a monumental error for a goal

• Like 3

Absolutely fuckin robbed. Been 2nd best but but doesn't matter, should be in front. 

Hedges and Brittain been absolutely awful. Brittain can't stop a cross to save his life and needs dropping on his recent performances and I really rate him aswell. Get cosier Dubbery on for Hedges. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Fortunate still to be still in it.

Weimann's stunner got us a foothold.

Pears is a major, major worry.

Dolan needs hooking.

Travis needs to be careful, lucky Burnley lad stayed on his feet towards end of half otherwise a 2nd booking.

Beck grown into it and my God he needed to after a shaky start.

I humbly ask you to remember this and be a bit less enthusiastic before games 🙏

Infact just say we're definitely going to lose. Reverse jinx!

Their goal was right down the middle, Pears dives away from it.

He got away with a horrible clearance, straight to their lad and then the flap coming for a cross which their forward headed just wide, with an empty net to aim at.

As I said, Pears will cost us this match.

But we also need to start playing. Our tactics make us feel like we're playing a top-6 Premier League side.
We're not and they're not. Bit of composure and quality and we can quite easily win this.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, imy9 said:

I honestly think Hyam will perform better once Pears is out of the team. You can clearly see Pears does not communicate with his defenders and they have no confidence in him. So many times Pears should either come for the ball or shout at his defenders to clear it, what does he do? Nothing- he needs shifting quickly; my worry is that without a cup game Pears will keep starting until he makes a monumental error for a goal

There's no way Eustace keeps him in goal after this. We've just got to hope Toth is decent.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, booth said:

Offside according to the commentators, info from the fourth official.

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Fortunate still to be still in it.

Weimann's stunner got us a foothold.

Pears is a major, major worry.

Dolan needs hooking.

Travis needs to be careful, lucky Burnley lad stayed on his feet towards end of half otherwise a 2nd booking.

Beck grown into it and my God he needed to after a shaky start.

Pears is a major, major worry... Understated 

Hopefully our new GK is an upgrade. 

• Like 2

We ares still in it at HT and would have settled for that but terrible offside decision, literally yards on. Aside from that Dolan has been shocking, too slow of mind and foot, Hyam and Pears so weak when pressure is on. The rest pretty anonymous but shout out to Beck, acquitting himself well in very difficult first match. I would take Dolan off for Ohashi or the Brighton lad, could really do with some pace to have some threat on transition.

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Their goal was right down the middle, Pears dives away from it.

He got away with a horrible clearance, straight to their lad and then the flap coming for a cross which their forward headed just wide, with an empty net to aim at.

As I said, Pears will cost us this match.

But we also need to start playing. Our tactics make us feel like we're playing a top-6 Premier League side.
We're not and they're not. Bit of composure and quality and we can quite easily win this.

Fully agree

• Like 1

Never seen anything like that offside call, even to the naked eye Dolan clearly ran in from behind the 2 defenders. It was actually a superbly timed run and exquisite finish. I thought it had been ruled out for a foul by Hedges.

On the general run of play though, don't think we can complain too much, they've absolutely battered us and we're lucky to be on terms. Other than the disallowed goal Dolan has been poor, defensively Brittain has been absolutely abysmal, might as well not be on the pitch and Hyam and Pears have also been very poor.

Need to step it up big style second half if we're to get anything out of it.

After 20 mins I had to look up who was playing left side midfield, Hedges hadn’t touched the ball. What with him, Dolan, Hyam, Brittain and Pears being shut, we are lucky to be still in it yet unlucky to not be 2-1 up.

The three key turning points were Beck’s reaction to being shoved, Trav stepping on the hand and Big Mak doing one on their centre half - feels like a proper derby.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Never seen anything like that offside call, even to the naked eye Dolan clearly ran in from behind the 2 defenders. It was actually a superbly timed run and exquisite finish. I thought it had been ruled out for a foul by Hedges.

On the general run of play though, don't think we can complain too much, they've absolutely battered us and we're lucky to be on terms. Other than the disallowed goal Dolan has been poor, defensively Brittain has been absolutely abysmal, might as well not be on the pitch and Hyam and Pears have also been very poor.

Need to step it up big style second half if we're to get anything out of it.

Blackpool were dire but beat us due to our lads taking it easy.

Should be 2-1 no matter how poor we've played.