BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

Was said that Parker showed his anger at Sunderland and sent them back out for second half 8 minutes early. Dingles will be expecting a reaction. Plus they are at home so they have a head start.

That said this is game played too early for many Dingle players not knowing the significance of the game. Keep the Dingle crowd quiet (doubt it) and get behind the lads and you never know. 

The noise level ccoming out the ground yesterday was positve, "... bring on the dingles......".

0 1

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

My team (assuming no further injuries) would be:

New/Pears

JRC.      McFadz.    Batth.     New/Pickering

Tronstad        Travis

Hedges     Ohashi     Weimann

Gueye

Go in, go hard, beat the fuck out of them.

Proud day for the “New” family Mike 😁

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

New/Pears

Tronstad        Travis

Gueye

Dropping Carter and Hyam for a local derby? 

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Mike E said:

New/Pears

Carter.      McFadz.    Batth.     New/Pickering

Tronstad        Travis

JRC     Ohashi     Weimann

Gueye

Moved JRC up to the wing, Carter at RB.

I’d drop Hyam til after the international break personally, he needs reminding to put some effort in.

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Moved JRC up to the wing, Carter at RB.

I’d drop Hyam til after the international break personally, he needs reminding to put some effort in.

For me, 

Hopefully a new keeper in goal. 

Rest of my team

Brittain Carter Hyam Pickering 

Travis Tronstad 

JRC         Ohashi     Dolan

Gueye 

28 minutes ago, Mike E said:

New/Pears

Tronstad        Travis

Gueye

Picking that centre back pairing would be on par with chucking in Clinton Mola last time.

• Like 7

I do expect defeat this time around - we've been lucky that the likes of Derby and Oxford didn't punish us, with the opportunities they had.

Even with issues at their end, they still have a good squad at this level.

It'd take some big performances from the likes of Hyam, Trav and...even Pears.
But, if JE gets them fired up for the game in the way at JDT seemingly never could, form and favourites often go out of the window.

It's going to be interesting either way.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

OK We HAVE to avoid defeat otherwise they will set a new record of 7 successive derby wins: our six successive wins against them 1888-1890 and then the last six meetings.

The 1-1 match at Ewood where Dunn scored in OT and the Dingles lost it completely and started ripping off the seats.
the huge celebration when Dunn entered the players lounge after the match - one of my favorite moments in life! 

the year after when we lost 1-2 and the record broke. Players lounge like a funeral after that match. Probably one of the worst days. 

I feel the nerves already creeping in for Saturday 

Either a day to remember or a day to forget - Bring it on! 

Edited by alexanders
  • Like 3

I think the recent defeat and outgoings are distracting from the fact they absolutely smashed their first 2 teams in harder fixtures than we've had. 

Of course, what I'd do for a win but I'd take a point right now. That was the common comment by many supporters in the blues bar after the game on Saturday. 

From what I've seen, many Burnley fans have been saying "you won't have a better chance" but the reality is they have a much more expensive side than us, clearly used to playing at a much higher standard than the championship. A defeat away at Sunderland is nothing to be ashamed about but at the same time we struggled against Oxford. 

I'm personally keeping my expectations low but have low key hopes given the outgoings and the fact that fat little tw*t isn't up front for them anymore. 

Really big game for Eustace because a win here could signal a possible change in us potentially considered to have a better manager than them for the first time in a long time. This could be his opportunity to become our Sean Dyche. Beating Burnley could have us sat top of the league and would immediately give him hero status. It would bring everyone together in a way that's not happened for a long time. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

New/Pears

Tronstad        Travis

Gueye

That centre half pairing would get murdered if they have anyone with any pace....

..like my gran.

• Like 2

Recent developments at Turf Moor means this has moved from a battling but expected defeat to anything is possible.

The backlash against Swag and Venkys if we lose this heroically because they didn't strengthen this week will be extremely nasty.

• Like 1

They werent easy games, no game will be, but they are certainly 2 of the least difficult fixtures of the season. 2 very limited promoted sides that will likely be down at the bottom. Talk about Sky wanting Derby to beat us and that causing pressure seems farfetched and its immaterial.

Still warrants praise to win both games of course. Eustace couldnt win any home games last season so to win both of these is a very positive development. 

I think playing the new boys early on is tough, the worst time to play them - their tails are up, they have nothing to lose and they haven't been mired by the slog through January that drags all the teams with thin squads down. 

I was dreading these two fixtures if I'm honest, actually felt sick with nerves on Saturday knowing what a defeat meant in the build up to the derby.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Neal said:

I think the recent defeat and outgoings are distracting from the fact they absolutely smashed their first 2 teams in harder fixtures than we've had.

Different team now.

I still don't expect some of ours to turn up though.

14 hours ago, alexanders said:

the year after when we lost 1-2 and the record broke. Players lounge like a funeral after that match. Probably one of the worst days. 

Still irks me that Bowyer took Dunn off when we were leading 1-0 and he’d just played Rhodes clean through to hit the post. He was bossing that midfield, went off and 10 minutes later we were behind.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Still irks me that Bowyer took Dunn off when we were leading 1-0 and he’d just played Rhodes clean through to hit the post. He was bossing that midfield, went off and 10 minutes later we were behind.

He changed the shape of the team too. They weren't in it till Bowyer made his changes.

• Like 1

On 24/08/2024 at 15:35, sympatheticclaret said:

Claret in peace ....

We haven't got " chinks in our armour ", we're going into battle wearing a loin-cloth ... 3 Goalkeepers and kids on the bench today, no Cullen, no O'Shea, No Koleosho, No Weghorst ... no pace up front and players coming to Gawthorpe not knowing who's going to still be there tomorrow ... it's a joke !

The simple truth is that we signed some some promising looking players from clubs in Belgium and France, sold the " project " by Vincent Kompany .. why else would they come to Burnley ? Kompany is now not a factor, and their agents are trying to find them new Clubs to trigger " a new commission fee/ look after their client " ( depending on your view-point ! )

Thanks, sympatheticclaret, I appreciate your comments. 
You guys definitely have the upper hand on us recently, in terms of wins, & PL appearances. I know it will be a battle at your place, I just hope Rovers do not embarrass themselves. 

Right now, I would settle for a 0-0 draw. I think we’re stuck with Pears, maybe a clean sheet would do wonders for him. At any rate, this is always a battle. Good luck the rest of the season!