BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

I can't say I've noticed too many players getting booked in the PL for waving an imaginary red so I wasn't aware it was an actual rule as such.

In that particular instance I really think a bit of common sense is required given he's already on a yellow. The Burnley player commits a cynical foul and gets off scott free. Gueye does nothing really wrong and ends up being sent off. Surely a severe ticking off and a "this is your last chance" type warning would have sufficed.

I'm going to sound like Exiled this week and say what with the disallowed goal the officials have Haa an absolute mare. I wouldn't bet against the ref sending another of ours off although having sent one off he might calm down a bit.

• Like 6

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I can't say I've noticed too many players getting booked in the PL for waving an imaginary red so I wasn't aware it was an actual rule as such.

In that particular instance I really think a bit of common sense is required given he's already on a yellow. The Burnley player commits a cynical foul and gets off scott free. Gueye does nothing really wrong and ends up being sent off. Surely a severe ticking off and a "this is your last chance" type warning would have sufficed.

I'm going to sound like Exiled this week and say what with the disallowed goal the officials have Haa an absolute mare. I wouldn't bet against the ref sending another of ours off although having sent one off he might calm down a bit.

I only raise the point (reasonably frequently) because we never get the rub of the green. We've mostly got a squad full of soft lads, but we're always refereed to the letter of the law when other teams clearly aren't.