BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

Owen Beck take a bow

Sky didn’t give him man of the match. That’s the 2nd biggest robbery today

I can’t excuse Big Maks stupidity, but that centre half should have been booked for that drag back. If the ref had booked him, Mak stays on

Ref gets a 1/10 for me

Owen Beck is a legend at Rovers 

• Like 2

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Owen Beck take a bow

Sky didn’t give him man of the match. That’s the 2nd biggest robbery today

I can’t excuse Big Maks stupidity, but that centre half should have been booked for that drag back. If the ref had booked him, Mak stays on

Ref gets a 1/10 for me

Owen Beck is a legend at Rovers 

Who did Sky give it to?

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yet he scored a wonderful "goal" and forced a great save out of Trafford at the end.

He should have squared it to Weimann for a tap in, he should have laid it off to Travis at the end and he should have put a better through ball through to Ohashi.

He's a squad player - nothing wrong with that, he provides energy, but he's far too slow and wasteful with the ball.

• Like 6

Pears – 6 – Quiet afternoon.  Looked shaky early on but a couple of timely interventions despite not having any shots on goal to deal with in the second-half.  Booked

Brittain – 5 – Struggled at times, beaten for the Burnley goal.  Booked

Carter – 7 – Rovers most commanding presence at the back.  Booked

Hyam – 6 – Recovered well from suspect positioning for the Burnley goal.

Beck – 8 – Outstanding on debut, firm in the challenge and composed.

Travis – 7 – Hassled the Burnley midfield well despite first-half booking.  Showed good energy levels joining counter-attacks throughout.  Booked

Tronstad – 6 – Quietly efficient.

Weimann – 8 – Scored a wonder goal and his experience really showed as he got close to Gueye and helped Rovers gain a foothold in the game.              

Dolan – 7 – Goal disallowed, involved in a number of other Rovers attacks and defended well from the front.

Hedges – 6 – At times anonymous going forward, but pressured Burnley defenders and doubled up with Beck to defend against the pace of Koleosho.              Booked

Gueye – 4 – Arguably Rovers’ best player for an hour.  Won numerous physical battles and provided an outlet for Blackburn to escape the Burnley pressure.  Let his team down with the red card.  Sent off

Subs

Ohashi – 6 – Impressive workrate in the press and created a half chance late.

Baker – 6 – Brought on the firm up the midfield and did it well enough.

Duru – 5 – Came on late and didn’t really impact the game.

• Like 5

• Backroom

Superb point, finally something to celebrate in one of these games with that goal as well

Would have taken 1-1 this morning, would have definitely taken it after 10 mins, would have taken it at half time and definitely would have after an hour!

Resilience and fight shown in the end.

Cant see Parker seeing the season out, home against 10 men for 40 minutes or so and not any sustained pressure.

By the rules Gueye’s red is warranted (although I guarantee at least one other player would have broke those same rules in the match) but the referee was absolutely abysmal, there has to be some accountability 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yet he scored a wonderful "goal" and forced a great save out of Trafford at the end.

Cracking team performance like that and some still single players out for criticism, it's beyond belief honestly. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mars Rover said:

If Beck can also put in a half-decent cross in games where we're on the front foot, I'd have him over Pickering every time.

I'd have him over Pickering full stop - Pickering can't cross.

• Like 2

bizarre refereeing, blowed for everything first 60 mins, then didn't give us a single foul for 20 (Ohashi could barely touch ball without being fouled) disallowed goal for no reason, gave us loads of yellow first half, didn't give them any 2nd half. We deserved most of them but still make it equal. unbelievable result really. I'd tail it a good start to the season.

Beck looks another good signing and not even seen attacking side of him yet. Him and brittain had very difficult games. 

Baker and Trav with good chances there too..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, imy9 said:

I am a Eustace fan today, no way would we have drawn this game with JDT after we had a man sent off.

Well done to all the lads!

No way with JDT we’d have got a goal back. We all saw how we capitulated after conceded first under him 

• Like 2