BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

17 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Thanks, sympatheticclaret, I appreciate your comments.ย 
You guys definitely have the upper hand on us recently, in terms of wins, & PL appearances. I know it will be a battle at your place, I just hope Rovers do not embarrass themselves.ย 

Right now, I would settle for a 0-0 draw. I think weโ€™re stuck with Pears, maybe a clean sheet would do wonders for him. At any rate, this is always a battle.ย Good luck the rest of the season!ย 

Hannibal, Sarmiento and Jason Anthony all having medicals apparently.ย  Unfortunately they are still big favourites at the weekend

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

They werent easy games, no game will be, but they are certainly 2 of the least difficult fixtures of the season. 2 very limited promoted sides that will likely be down at the bottom.

People were probably saying the same about playing Ipswich early last season. The truth is, none of us have any idea where Derby and Oxford might end up this season. The latter in particular looked a decent side.

Nobody can hand on heart look at the 43 remaining fixtures and confidently predict which will be 'easy' or 'difficult'. Not in this league.

That team that beat Burnley at the weekend. We smashed 5 past them 4 months ago at their place. FIVE.

I'm confident we can do these sister fiddling, banjo playing, toothless six fingered wastrels on Saturday.

Edited by oldjamfan1

Breaking news from the " Turf " ... likely line-up for Saturday leaked by mistake ...

1. Alastair Campbell

2. King Charles III

3. Bertie Bee

4. Martin Dobson

5. Jordan North

6. Jimmy Anderson

7. Alan Pace

8. Justine ... Landlady of the " Royal Dyche "

9. JJ Watt .... 6ft 7ins ... Target man

10. Eric Knowles ... playing off Watt, used to picking up promising bits and pieces

11. A.N.Other .... pulled out of the " Park View " at 11.25 on the day of the game !

ย 

In other news, the " walk out " tune has been changed to the wartime classic, " Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye ! "ย 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Breaking news from the " Turf " ... likely line-up for Saturday leaked by mistake ...

1. Alastair Campbell

2. King Charles III

3. Bertie Bee

4. Martin Dobson

5. Jordan North

6. Jimmy Anderson

7. Alan Pace

10. Eric Knowles ... playing off Watt, used to picking up promising bits and pieces

11. A.N.Other .... pulled out of the " Park View " at 11.25 on the day of the game !

ย 

In other news, the " walk out " tune has been changed to the wartime classic, " Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye ! "ย 

whatsย  george oghani up to these days๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

1. Alastair Campbell

2. King Charles III

3. Bertie Bee

4. Martin Dobson

5. Jordan North

6. Jimmy Anderson

7. Alan Pace

ย 

Methinks you doth protest a little too much...๐Ÿ˜†

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

Still irks me that Bowyer took Dunn off when we were leading 1-0 and heโ€™d just played Rhodes clean through to hit the post. He was bossing that midfield, went off and 10 minutes later we were behind.

Dunn getting subbed for Liam Feeney in a Rovers-Burnley game at Ewood. Nice one Gaz. Varney starting over Gestede too.

The defeat to them was coming - we'd got lucky with late equalisers the previous two games against them - but given they got promoted in 13/14 not losing that game would have prolonged the unbeaten run for another 18 months or so.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Methinks you doth protest a little too much...๐Ÿ˜†

Like a lot of comedy, Ian, exaggerated for effect but rooted in some truth ...ย 

I think we can both agree that Saturday's game is not ideal to be throwing new signings in for their debuts, for either of us .. I see you've still got the " ticker clock " running on your Home page ... hope you're keeping well !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, frosty said:

Dunn getting subbed for Liam Feeney in a Rovers-Burnley game at Ewood. Nice one Gaz. Varney starting over Gestede too.

The defeat to them was coming - we'd got lucky with late equalisers the previous two games against them - but given they got promoted in 13/14 not losing that game would have prolonged the unbeaten run for another 18 months or so.

I'm fully expecting one if not both of these statistics to be reset to " Zero " on Saturday, so indulge me ..

Rovers have played 556 minutes of Football against Burnley since their last goal, and by Saturday, you'll have to go back 14 years, 5 months and 3 days and 9 games for Rover's last win ...ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, sympatheticclaret said:

1. Alastair Campbell

2. King Charles III

3. Bertie Bee

4. Martin Dobson

5. Jordan North

6. Jimmy Anderson

7. Alan Pace

ย 

Surely there's room for Sir Ian McKellen?

It makes me physically sick to see these gapped teeth ****s on here, bring back the old regime, theyโ€™d have been exited stage right years ago and quite right to for all reasons Iโ€™ve highlighted previously.

Anywayโ€ฆ..

IMG_3362.thumb.jpeg.36a10d8309f957ff7ddf5a09fe1f4a52.jpeg

• Like 3

That 3-0 defeat needs avenging, big time.

One of JDT's lowest moments, for all the good he did, that game was fucking shocking, Clinton Mola started FFS.

I have a feeling JE will have a greater understanding of what this games means (I know JDT will have understood but he was routinely stubborn in his ways and there was no change in approach), so I reckon the players will be more fired up for this.

Everything should go out of the window for these games, so let's hope we come out of it with the right result.

-------------------Pears

Brittain---Carter---Hyam---Picks

----------Tronstad---Trav

JRC-------------Yuki-------Hedges

-------------------Gueye

Pears is the obvious weak link and could very well lose this game for us.

Edited by davulsukur

3 hours ago, WacoRover said:

You guys definitely have the upper hand on us recently, in terms of wins, & PL appearances. I know it will be a battle at your place, I just hope Rovers do not embarrass themselves.ย 

Right now, I would settle for a 0-0 draw.

I'd prefer this approach.

e46cba93-540a-46d9-b122-5c4d68eea9e9_text.gif.c33493b1ceb462a18764f9d596b6aa60.gif

3 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

ย 

Nobody can hand on heart look at the 43 remaining fixtures and confidently predict which will be 'easy' or 'difficult'. Not in this league.

ย 

Mercer says, "hold my red wine"

• Like 5

5 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Right now, I would settle for a 0-0 draw. I think weโ€™re stuck with Pears, maybe a clean sheet would do wonders for him. At any rate, this is always a battle.Good luck for the rest of the season!

Neverย wish Burnley good luck Waco...it will NEVER be reciprocated!

A two fingered salute or better a Size 10 up their Backside is the best all round.

ย 

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 7

The Dingles have spent ยฃ160m on transfers since their "project" started with Vincent Company and t'Rovers haven't even scored a goal against them since Jordan Rhodes, 9th March 2014.

However fans from both sides are predicting an away win, funny old game indeed!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Neverย wish Burnley good luck Waco...it will NEVER be reciprocated!

A two fingered salute or better a Size 10 up their Backside is the best all round.

ย 

Amen to that.

Bollox to the ****s

• Like 7

5 hours ago, M_B said:

John Kettley?ย He's a weather man.ย 

Yes, a tough choice between him or Tony Livesey from BBC Radio 5Live ... Apparently, two more mentions of Burnley FC on Tony'sย  " Drivetime " show, triggers a one-off ยฃ500 " add-on " payment to his contract with us, and our American owners are reluctant to pay up !

10 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Yes, a tough choice between him or Tony Livesey from BBC Radio 5Live ... Apparently, two more mentions of Burnley FC on Tony'sย  " Drivetime " show, triggers a one-off ยฃ500 " add-on " payment to his contract with us, and our American owners are reluctant to pay up !

Are they letting Brownhill and Benson (to Leeds) go?

• Backroom
6 hours ago, Gav said:

It makes me physically sick to see these gapped teeth ****s on here, bring back the old regime, theyโ€™d have been exited stage right years ago and quite right to for all reasons Iโ€™ve highlighted previously.

Anywayโ€ฆ..

IMG_3362.thumb.jpeg.36a10d8309f957ff7ddf5a09fe1f4a52.jpeg

Youโ€™ve been physically sick since 2004, when longsider joined? Under โ€˜the old regimeโ€™ too.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, booth said:

Are they letting Brownhill and Benson (to Leeds) go?

Apparently, a ยฃ3.4m bid for Josh Brownhill from Turkish side, Trabzonspor has been rejected. This involved a substantial pay rise for Josh, and a four year deal, as he enters the last 12 months of his contract. Benson has been linked with Leeds, Sunderland and Norwich but no firm bids yet, I believe ..

To me, Brownhill and Cullen are our talismen, they understand the Club and the Town .. more annoyed to see them go than most of the others ... Weghorst still touted to go to Ajax, with 10 months left on his contractย