BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

11 yellow cards issued by a ref out of his depth. Not seen the disallowed goal again yet but believe two players were playing Dolan on-side and the referree's assistant was not level with play. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

BTW for some reason as I could only follow the last 5 minutes on bet365 in the 99th minute it flashed Burnley a goal and 2-1 up? Did they have a disallowed goal themselves? I saw it and slammed my phone down and started ranting while I went for a shite 😂

365 are notorious for flashing up fake goals ,the free kick sailed over the bar and that was the last action

Absolutely made up with that performance - especially second half.  

Worried Beck wouldn't be great defensively but proved me wrong. Fantastic debut and should keep the shirt.

Shout out for Hedges second half.  Tracked back tirelessly to help beck out. 

Lads dug in and brought some pride back.  Travis gave a proper captain's performance. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

11 yellow cards issued by a ref out of his depth. Not seen the disallowed goal again yet but believe two players were playing Dolan on-side and the referree's assistant was not level with play. 

Linesman was level with play, just made an awful decision.

• Like 6

• Backroom

Already looking forward to the first week of Jan! This team will be even more forged together, siege mentality at Ewood, and Revenge of the Mac!

Is Eustace a better football man than we imagined? Several of those draws last year were distasteful or seemed unfortunate for us; but some of those pts were very helpful in staying up. Other than Sammie, we weren’t any good. 

This season, our transfers are helping out, & we seem to have stabilized a bit. Defending still very suspect at times, but we’re seeing improvement under Eustace, that I did not expect. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 2

I’m having a bit of fun at shawbridge watching Clitheroe. Every time I see a Burnley crest I say I’ve no skin in the game but you men got lucky didn’t you. Blackburn (no one who supports rovers says Blackburn) scored 2 proper goals and got a man sent off for nothing. To be fair all of them said yeah got away with one. Really you battered us due to the uneven sides of 11 vs 13. Say so. Aaargh.

In a way it’s pathetic being happy at a draw with thst lot but another thanks to the Venkys legacy.

Also as a side note in Clitheroe I genuinely didn’t see one Burnley shirt in town from the late 80s to 2010 ish. Now the cockroaches have definitely scurried their way into the light. It’s the new builds I’m sure but defo lowers the tone. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I’m having a bit of fun at shawbridge watching Clitheroe. Every time I see a Burnley crest I say I’ve no skin in the game but you men got lucky didn’t you. Blackburn (no one who supports rovers says Blackburn) scored 2 proper goals and got a man sent off for nothing. To be fair all of them said yeah got away with one. Really you battered us due to the uneven sides of 11 vs 13. Say so. Aaargh.

In a way it’s pathetic being happy at a draw with thst lot but another thanks to the Venkys legacy.

Also as a side note in Clitheroe I genuinely didn’t see one Burnley shirt in town from the late 80s to 2010 ish. Now the cockroaches have definitely scurried their way into the light. It’s the new builds I’m sure but defo lowers the tone. 

They'll all disappear as quickly as they arrived.

• Like 1

On paper, I was happy with a point before the game and definitely happy considering how the game went. Referee was atrocious but seemingly only in one direction and to be honest they had a lot of possession but didn't do a lot with it. 

One question for anyone there - was the atmosphere as flat as it sounded on TV? Burnley sounded like they chanted at the goal and again at the sending off but it sounded like they were doing nothing for the rest of the game on Sky. 

• Like 5

Sky just published the highlights on YouTube. Tell ya what… we could/should have nicked that.

- Dolan goal should have stood. There is no ambiguity.

- Dolan could have squared his chance early in the second half for a tap in. 
- Travis should have at least worked the keeper on 95’

Happy with a point and an excellent performance all told. 

Well done Rovers, done us proud

Side note: The Turd is a library. Could only hear the rovers on TV.

Edited by norwichblue
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Dolan was onside by a yard or two - he burst past the defenders when Travis played the ball through. It was Hedges who was given offside - he wasn't but it was fairly close.

Even worse decision then in that case than if they flagged Dolan. Hedges never touched the ball  and therefore technically wasn't active.

Certainly watching on TV it appeared the linesman never flagged until the ball reached Dolan which of course was completely irrelevant as the ball was played a couple of seconds earlier.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

4 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

One question for anyone there - was the atmosphere as flat as it sounded on TV? Burnley sounded like they chanted at the goal and again at the sending off but it sounded like they were doing nothing for the rest of the game on Sky. 

After the goal I heard. "You're not singing any more." Then ten minutes later they weren't singing any more.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Clearly on side. Maybe it was flagged (incorrectly) for a foul on Weimann?  The defender bumbled into the back of him. That seemed more likely than off side 

• Like 1

Just now, yankfan said:

Clearly on side. Maybe it was flagged (incorrectly) for a foul on Weimann?  The defender bumbled into the back of him. That seemed more likely than off side 

It was given for offside, so blatantly wrong.

• Like 3

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Even worse decision then in that case than if they flagged Hedges. He never touched the ball  and therefore technically wasn't active.

Certainly watching on TV it appeared the linesman never flagged until the ball reached Dolan which of course was completely irrelevant as the ball was played a couple of seconds earlier.

Given when the flag went up, I presume he thought Hedges touched it and he thought Dolan was off.

So, I make that three errors in one…

1. Hedges didn’t touch it

2. Even if he had, Dolan was still on

3. Having flagged, it should have been our free kick for the foul on Hedges.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Without counting I could have sworn he booked at least nine of ours - he was pulling his card out every 2 mins.

Lost the plot completely.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Even worse decision then in that case than if they flagged Dolan. Hedges never touched the ball  and therefore technically wasn't active.

Sky reckoned it was for a foul in the build up by Hedges but the ref blew the whistle and pointed the linesman as he'd flagged for offside. 

No one was offside though and that goal should have stood.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I thought the same, very similar. And didn't Warnock also come in on loan initially!? 

No didn't come on loan.

• Like 1