BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

there's no other way to look at it other than if the ref gives the clear yellow ( he was not going to as it was a burnley player) mukthar does not have to signal for the booking stupid or not he rolled him and was heading into space on the break 100% a booking

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, B16Rover said:

If the Brighton lad is fast and can finish I can see Gueye getting to double figure assists.  He's got a surprisingly good knock on to him, even with his feet 

It is 4 assists in 4 games now (in the League) for Gueye isn't it?  You may have to revise that prediction upwards

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I thought he did book the Burnley player but it was an afterthought. The delay in doing it caused frustration and Gueye to do what he did. I'm not excusing Gueye but the referee caused it with what was an awful piece of refereeing. At times the game looked too big for him.

To be fair I may have missed the card as I am a bit of a hot head and was fuming😆but why oh why did he first and foremost focus on Gueye and book him first? Game too big for him yes, and no VAR so like a fish out of water.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

there's no other way to look at it other than if the ref gives the clear yellow ( he was not going to as it was a burnley player) mukthar does not have to signal for the booking stupid or not he rolled him and was heading into space on the break 100% a booking

Yeah. The ref seemed to let a lot of their 'accidentally-on-purpose' fouls go. Often when one of our lads was moving the ball beyond the centre line.

Crack down on that early, no?

Very card-happy with Mak. The lad should have known better - but again. Big time ref would have called him over and basically 'stop that crap right now, fella, you're already on a card' but no.

"He disrespected me". Crybaby ref mentality.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We have a genuine grievance with the disallowed goal, dependant on whether Hedges committed a foul, but there is no excuse for Gueye doing what he did. He let everyone down and was lucky his team mates got him out of the shit.

In Belgium and Spain, isn't it normal for players to suggest a Yellow card for a foul for an opposition players? 

• Moderation Lead

Travis should have bagged at end, don’t think they should have had 11 on, ref was abysmal, but for all they’ve spent and all they’ve positioned themselves as this ‘08 Barca in the Championship, they couldn’t finish their dinner, the shitheads.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Travis should have bagged at end, don’t think they should have had 11 on, ref was abysmal, but for all they’ve spent and all they’ve positioned themselves as this ‘08 Barca in the Championship, they couldn’t finish their dinner, the shitheads.

lol yes.

RE: Teeth's chance. I honestly roared 'NOT HIM!' but sure look. I also hissed ' 'kin don't' when Weimann was shaping up for that Van Basten hit, so what do I know?

16 minutes ago, OllieNO said:

To be fair I may have missed the card as I am a bit of a hot head and was fuming😆but why oh why did he first and foremost focus on Gueye and book him first? Game too big for him yes, and no VAR so like a fish out of water.

It was one of quite a few incidents where he lost control and confusion reigned. Eustace normally doesn't comment on officials but he has today.

• Like 1

Fabulous result... Burnley were so much better than us first half and after the first went in i thought we might get smashed.... But one wonder goal later and we matched them, even after the sending off.

Much as I love JDT we would have lost that game 3-1. We were so organised after going a man down and always looking to hold our own.

Thought Gueye until his sending off had a great game,  he is destined to play in the prem - not only does he win so much on the air he lays off and passes the ball welll, and Ohashi has an unbelievable way of winning the ball when looking second best. Great debut from Beck, and thought the defence generally did well. We were however totally outclassed in midfield which is a bit of a worry .

Anyway great result and Eustace is looking like the sort of manager who turns losses into draws which is one of the best signs you can have.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Give 'Em the Axe said:

lol yes.

RE: Teeth's chance. I honestly roared 'NOT HIM!' but sure look. I also hissed ' 'kin don't' when Weimann was shaping up for that Van Basten hit, so what do I know?

That’s one of the hardest shots in the book to pull off. It’s coming across your body from left to right but you need to get it further to the right. Also you can’t give it too much in case it goes over the bar. A perfect combination of slice, power, and placement. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Give 'Em the Axe said:

Yeah. The ref seemed to let a lot of their 'accidentally-on-purpose' fouls go. Often when one of our lads was moving the ball beyond the centre line.

Crack down on that early, no?

Very card-happy with Mak. The lad should have known better - but again. Big time ref would have called him over and basically 'stop that crap right now, fella, you're already on a card' but no.

"He disrespected me". Crybaby ref mentality.

He ruined a game that was boiling up to be an end to end classic. Once the card came out it was backs to the wall and park the bus. How many times have you seen that happen in a game ? Should be 10 minutes in the sin bin, like in rugby.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s one of the hardest shots in the book to pull off. It’s coming across your body from left to right but you need to get it further to the right. Also you can’t give it too much in case it goes over the bar. A perfect combination of slice, power, and placement. 

And didn't even have a club.

Brilliant recruitment, although everyone to a man thought it was a no brainer. Two important goals already, whoever is responsible for his signature deserves every credit. 

• Like 1

I asked Harry Pickering before the game if the players know what it means to us. Yes he answered.

It was evident in the performance of every one of them that they did.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, alexanders said:

Did you notice Fadz just tapping the ball right in front of a burnley player who was about to take the ball for a quick throw-in ❤️

I did. He was also 'blocking' some of the Dingle substitutes who were trying to warm up at the same time as him.

• Like 5

Fantastic performance all round for effort and tenacity!

Big shout outs to Owen Beck(what a debut in a baptism of fire!!). Goal of the season from Andreas Weimann at the Dingledome of all places. And Adam Wharton. Adam Wharton? Yes,his MOTM performance for Crystal Palace against Burnley 3-0 helped relegate the Dingles last season.

Omitted a start by JDT last time around, he was setting the record straight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Fantastic performance all round for effort and tenacity!

Big shout outs to Owen Beck(what a debut in a baptism of fire!!). Goal of the season from Andreas Weimann at the Dingledome of all places. And Adam Wharton. Adam Wharton? Yes,his MOTM performance for Crystal Palace against Burnley 3-0 helped relegate the Dingles last season.

Omitted a start by JDT last time around, he was setting the record straight.

Was that the game were he took out two Burnley players with one tackle ? Worthy of a “ What happens next “ on TV.

• Like 1