BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

Watching the highlights again and Brittain was poor in the build up to their goal  🤦‍♂️ then Hyam was so weak against Fats Domino 🤦‍♂️

Funny seeing Burnley fans say we were lucky. They had a lot of possession but little end product. Reminded me of when Mowbray went through his phase of possession over results. They looked poor upfront but had pace. We looked better going forward, but without the pace.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Under 21 game at Leyland on Tuesday night.

Good opportunity for the likes of Toth, Cantwell and Duberry to get some minutes while the international break is on.

Toth will be away for international duty 

Not sure if Duberry is involved with any of the England underage teams 

Yes Ty,that was the match where Adam took out two Burnley players with one tackle. He was already on a booking to boot but the ref.nicely just reminded him of that.

Brownhill got sent off too!! Plus they had a goal disallowed somewhat questionably).

Kind of a day when the Dingles didnt get the rub of the green. Hee! Hee! 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

In Belgium and Spain, isn't it normal for players to suggest a Yellow card for a foul for an opposition players? 

Whether the rules are different or not, im not sure. He should know the rules and he has no excuse. And he did it for a while. Idiotic behaviour who let everyone down. Cannot do it again.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Whether the rules are different or not, im not sure. He should know the rules and he has no excuse. And he did it for a while. Idiotic behaviour who let everyone down. Cannot do it again.

He is mean't to be a professional player

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He was stupid for doing it, but if the ref had booked their guy at the time of the offense he wouldn't have done it. Ref was deliberately riling our players all match.

• Like 2

Just now, booth said:

He was stupid for doing it, but if the ref had booked their guy at the time of the offense he wouldn't have done it. Ref was deliberately riling our players all match.

The referee performance was terrible but doesnt excuse his stupidity. 

• Like 2

On the goal, not much use berating the ref -lino gives offside, ref goes with it.

To be clear, I thought the ref was poor overall.

On the sending off, suspect Gaye could do that in Belgium where most continental players wave imaginary cards.

On the game, well done lads and JE.

58 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He ruined a game that was boiling up to be an end to end classic. Once the card came out it was backs to the wall and park the bus. How many times have you seen that happen in a game ? Should be 10 minutes in the sin bin, like in rugby.

For pro’s imploring a card to be shown that’s a great shout……..even the FA might see sense in that

10 minutes ago, norwichblue said:

Had a look on their forums to see their perspective - they aren’t half delusional over there.

Parker’s done well in the Championship, but with extremely well-put-together squads and money. Looks like the American Experiment they’ve been under has hit a wobble and the thing about Americans is they hate losing to the point of error.

If there’s even a remote hint of conflict over there, it could boil over into a real mess and I don’t think their fans are quite hip to that. It’s not going to be the mega-money Kompany team and I think there are a lot of players in that team that wanted out on Friday.

Delusional is the correct term. I think they believe they’ll walk this league and I also think it’s not going to work out like that. Ideally, they have a December meltdown and get humbled at Ewood. Cantwell gelled into that team with rotation and refinement of process, I think they could get their arses handed to them.

• Like 3

My thoughts...

Really proud of the lads to come away with a point with absolutely everything against them. I'm not going to go on like I'm celebrating a draw because we have more pride than that. I predicted a 1-1 draw on here I believe and happy to take it even though we were absolutely robbed. That goal could've changed everything and given us the momentum. 

That ref was the biggest c*nt I've experienced in a long time. He was absolutely desperate to give them a penalty and was twitching to blow his whistle for them on every occasion. No flow to the game at all, just stop start wanting to hear the sound of his own voice and make decisions instead of just letting tackles be tackles. Absolute dickhead. 

Really disappointed with Britain, he has to improve defensively and stop allowing crosses into the box. I'm a fan of his but he was poor both defensively and in possession. Could say the same for Carter too, sloppy in possession, got himself booked with an awful first touch. 

Beck had a rough start but grew into it. I thought he did a solid job in the 2nd half, did require Hedges to double up but it was a fair performance given he was thrown in at the deep end. 

Centre midfield didn't get hold of the game in the first half and I thought we stood off way too deep and gave them too much respect. Once we pressed higher they panicked and looked vulnerable. Feel it was a missed opportunity to not step on the gas and put them under some sustained pressure. As limited and sometimes frustrating he is, you can tell Travis has been a big miss for us, he was at it all game today, arguing, in people's ear, winding players up, just generally being an absolute w*nker and in games like this you really need that. 

Dolan worked unbelievably hard, he's frustrating but you can't fault his effort, Hedges exactly the same. 

Andy Weimann... What a signing & what a finish! Best Derby goal I've seen, shown buckets of experience for us so far, giving us goals from midfield, just a proper classy operator and looks to be a real pickup on a free. Many of you predicted how important he'd be and you've been proven right already. 

There's been a lot of discussion about the JDT performance and I have to agree with many saying we wouldn't have dug in like we did today under him. We'd have folded and comfortably lost that game no doubt.

I'm starting to really like John Eustace, he's proactive on the touch line, gets his subs right at the right time with the right players. With many other of our managers I hardly agreed with when they where and who they were... Often too late. Today he showed plenty of passion, went toe to toe with Parker and put him in his place. We went down to 10, still put a striker on, didn't wave the white flag, kept us organised and threatening on the counter. I really respect his methods, he's happy to mix up the play, play out when there's space and hit the big man when there isn't. After finishing 19th last season, to start with 8 points from a possible 12 going into the international break is superb. It gives him a real chance of bedding in the new lads and pushing everyone to raise expectations. 

For all their huff and puff we had the better chances and deserved the point. We can have that lot later this season if we can keep it together and keep improving. 

Last thing, we make fun of their 6 fingers, did any notice the 4 fingers on show at one point? It gave me a bit of childish chuckle. 

50 million spent was it? Every bit championship team... 

John Eustace blue and white army!

Edited by Neal
  • Like 8

21 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Disagree. This board would be in meltdown if opposition players waved imaginary cards to get Rovers players booked.

This board is in meltdown over most things, it doesn't mean anything. Personally I couldn't give two hoots if an opposition player had gestured the same way Gueye did. For me it's just part of the game in the same way that players dive all the time, roll over at the slightest of touches, managers berate 4th officials, etc. Not saying I like all those things but I'm not gonna cry about an opposition player gesturing for one of Rovers players to be booked. Dont be soft.