BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

10 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He had a terrific game, he looks very much like a Robertson clone. 

Good luck for the season, and thanks for Colin Hendry all those years ago! 

I watched Hendry when he was a bang average Centre Forward, definitely a better CH! 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, superniko said:

Didn’t the commentator say they didn’t have a shot on target after the 25th minute or something? 

This Burnley side has only managed more than 1.0 xG in 1 match out of 4 so far. 

They’re not even making the top 6 with Parker this season then it’ll be complete financial free fall for them after that. 

I genuinely hope you are right.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Officials make mistakes just like players do. If VAR had been in place we would have likely gone 2-1 up, assuming no foul by Hedges.

It's baffled me the lengths you go to defends these officials. The decision was simple and basic one, a linesman should be making in their sleep tbh. Maybe being PL officials they are used to VAR helping them far too much..

Hedges was foul by the Burnley player not the other one. Woah

These officials are PL standard or meant to be. Appalling decisions all day. 

Anyway we won't agree so I leave it there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's baffled me the lengths you go to defends these officials. The decision was simple and basic one, a linesman should be making in their sleep tbh. Maybe being PL officials they are used to VAR helping them far too much..

Hedges was foul by the Burnley player not the other one. Woah

These officials are PL standard or meant to be. Appalling decisions all day. 

Anyway we won't agree so I leave it there

Dolan wasn't remotely close to being offside, whether the foul would have been given or not, the "offside" decision was ridiculous. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Beck did very well on his debut, but lets not forget that Pickering has been very good in the 3 games prior. A genuine selection dilemma of the good kind.

On today's evidence it's Beck for me, looked a cut above.

If only we could've loaned in similar for the right side.

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Really proud of them.

Gueye seemingly didn’t know he couldn’t wave an imaginary card, so only just gets a pass as I know that’s very normal on the continent. But he didn’t half leave us in the shit - I thought we were really settled in the game and playing well at that point. No amount of “yeah, yeah, yeahs!” will excuse him if he’s going to carry on being a live wire in important games. Pears didn’t have much to do but he does some things I just cannot comprehend. I hope our new Hungarian keeper is more Kaminski than Wahlstedt, because not only is Pears capable of a calamity but the crowd just don’t have faith which adds pressure to everything he does.   

On to the positives:

Carter really stood up to the test. 
Hyam and Beck were all over the place but both settled, the latter especially looked good. If that’s his standard I can’t see Pickering getting back in the first team.

Tronstad and Travis are everything Arte et Laboure is about. Both worked hard, showed quality and for the first team competed against a Burnley midfield.

Dolan can’t half be frustrating but my god did he put a shift in. 
Wiemann showed everything I hoped Sigurddson would, experience, quality, exactly what we hoped for when signing him. 

Eustace? I loved JDT. When we played well we looked incredible and having someone speaking out against the CEO was fantastic. I wasn’t convinced by Eustace last season but based on this season, if you asked me who’s more suited to Blackburn Rovers I’d say Eustace every day of the week.

Them lot? I’m not convinced about Parker at all. They’re clearly internally in chaos, if Benson played for us and walked off the pitch like that I’d be seething. Parker is used to managing clubs down south with plenty of money and fantastic squads. I don’t think he represents Burnley at all, he’s a long way from home and looks like it. 

With the additions of Cantwell and Cozier-Durberry I fancy us in the return fixture. Between 15 minutes and 60 minutes I felt quite comfortable. I don’t suspect they’ll get promoted based on that, although simply due to the squad they’ll be around the top six. I feel we’re probably a mid table side, if the CEO had demanded the investment this club deserves I think the tide could turn. 

Great summary!

7 minutes ago, M_B said:

Dolan wasn't remotely close to being offside, whether the foul would have been given or not, the "offside" decision was ridiculous. 

I presume it was Hedges who was given as offside as he was interfering with play and there wasnt that much in it, but he was just onside.

It was a close one but one that VAR would have overturned.

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

On today's evidence it's Beck for me, looked a cut above.

If only we could've loaned in similar for the right side.

If today is anything to go by then our best 2 full backs are unfortunately both left backs. 

It leaves some strong competition on that side but as you say we look weaker at right back. Brittain isnt the best defensively and Duru isnt ready. Rankin Costello should be considered there but seemingly wont be, telling that he didnt come on.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

I'd give Eustace  hand job 

Hilarious how amongst the post match analysis this has just been dropped in 

It's so none commiting too, is this a sign of a good job or a 7 out of ten 

Edited by B16Rover
Added more

I’m having that as an away win, Dingles were the better team in the first half but after that spunktrumpet got sent off Blackburn dug deep in the second. Dolan’s goal should never have been disallowed and an absolute goal of the season from Andy Weimann.

9 minutes ago, adopted scouser said:

I’m having that as an away win, Dingles were the better team in the first half but after that spunktrumpet got sent off Blackburn dug deep in the second. Dolan’s goal should never have been disallowed and an absolute goal of the season from Andy Weimann.

Blackburn ? Don’t you mean Rovers, no Rovers fan uses Blackburn.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, booth said:

The penny hasn't properly dropped yet. They'll struggle with those forwards against better defences. And that Hannibal fellow is just a bumbling bully in the centre of the park... £5.4m rising to £9m!? Had the second goal been allowed I don't think they'd have had a response and we'd have perhaps scored more.

And that's against Rovers, a team with a very dodgy keeper, a dodgy defence, players still getting used to each other and a young fullback who got thrown in after only being at the club for a couple of days.

I can't see them in the automatic spots come the end of the season.

If they don,t ,they will be in very very serious meltdown

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, adopted scouser said:

Nice to see you post..been a long time.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I presume it was Hedges who was given as offside as he was interfering with play and there wasnt that much in it, but he was just onside.

It was a close one but one that VAR would have overturned.

If today is anything to go by then our best 2 full backs are unfortunately both left backs. 

It leaves some strong competition on that side but as you say we look weaker at right back. Brittain isnt the best defensively and Duru isnt ready. Rankin Costello should be considered there but seemingly wont be, telling that he didnt come on.

Hedges was close, but he didn't even play for the ball. It's a difficult job, even doing the grandkids teams at weekends 🙄, but that was a howler.