BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

6 hours ago, Mike E said:

You’ve been physically sick since 2004, when longsider joined? Under ‘the old regime’ too.

Sam Dingle lasted on here for donkeys years under said Ancien Régime and he was far more of an obnoxious twat than the present two.

• Like 5

Anyone heard anything regarding remaining tickets? Unless I've missed something, the club haven't put anything our saying sold out (which I'm sure they would). On the flip side they haven't announced any further phases.

6 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Apparently, a £3.4m bid for Josh Brownhill from Turkish side, Trabzonspor has been rejected. This involved a substantial pay rise for Josh, and a four year deal, as he enters the last 12 months of his contract. Benson has been linked with Leeds, Sunderland and Norwich but no firm bids yet, I believe ..

To me, Brownhill and Cullen are our talismen, they understand the Club and the Town .. more annoyed to see them go than most of the others ... Weghorst still touted to go to Ajax, with 10 months left on his contract 

No one wants to sign a new contract and stay at Burnley. Can understand that 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Can anyone confirm tickets are available to collect now? Just dawned on me I need to do so at some point....

They should be. Collections were available depending on which phase they brought in but by now they should all be there. Probably best to call first though to make sure.

• Like 1

You would imagine this is one of our harder fixtures away at a relegated PL team. They have an expensively compiled squad.

Good opportunity for us to demonstrate were we are up to. This is professional football and I'm expecting a professional performance.

We have some new players and hopefully some fresh ideas and a new direction.

COYB.

lets hope Gueye and Yuki dont get injured this week! Id take a draw. With both of them available we stand a chance. There is a international 2 week break after this game, so would be good to sign off the international break undefeated. Think this a big week for us. Lots of questions will be answered come the end of the week. 

Will the squad have depth?
Will we get the positions we need?
How far have we really come, will it be a reality check, or have we made good strides?

Edited by ruggles1995
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Apparently, a £3.4m bid for Josh Brownhill from Turkish side, Trabzonspor has been rejected. This involved a substantial pay rise for Josh, and a four year deal, as he enters the last 12 months of his contract. Benson has been linked with Leeds, Sunderland and Norwich but no firm bids yet, I believe ..

To me, Brownhill and Cullen are our talismen, they understand the Club and the Town .. more annoyed to see them go than most of the others ... Weghorst still touted to go to Ajax, with 10 months left on his contract 

Is there going to be any serious money spent or will it all go towards paying off creditors?

1 hour ago, booth said:

Is there going to be any serious money spent or will it all go towards paying off creditors?

Sales so far, plus the compensation for Vincent Kompany & team ...

Kompany  £10m
Muric  £10m
Odobert  £27m
Peacock-Farrell  £500k
Vigouroux  £500k
Twine   £4m 

O’Shea £ 15m
Berge £21m
Zaroury £7.5m
Al-Dakhil   £8m

Berg-Gudmundsson  £1m

Bastien  £500k

In addition, Churlinov, Obafemi, Michael Mellon and Costelloe have all gone out on loan. Amdouni due in Lisbon tomorrow, allegedly, to sign for Benfica, Weghorst rumoured for Ajax, and Trafford has been left out for the last two games, not even on the bench .. 

As for your question, your guess is as good as mine ... !! 

Edited by sympatheticclaret
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Kompany  £10m
Muric  £10m
Odobert  £27m
Peacock-Farrell  £500k
Vigouroux  £500k
Twine   £4m 

O’Shea £ 15m
Berge £21m
Zaroury £7.5m
Al-Dakhil   £8m

Berg-Gudmundsson  £1m

Bastien  £500k

In addition, Churlinov, Obafemi, Michael Mellon and Costelloe have all gone out on loan. Amdouni due in Lisbon tomorrow, allegedly, to sign for Benfica, Weghorst rumoured for Ajax, and Trafford has been left out for the last two games, not even on the bench .. 

I think what the f*** is the expression that first springs to mind. It probably would have been cheaper to sack VK and employ someone like Big Sam.

It would seems Pace and co are panicking a bit to pay the bills left by VK, so I can understand the hysteria from the fans.

If they get rid of Benson and Brownhill I'd worry for your league status. Even if you bring in some very good signings they need to gel a bit and it's late in the day for that. I imagine a lot of Burnley fans will hope their luck hasn't run out quite yet or you could end up like us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Kompany  £10m
Muric  £10m
Odobert  £27m
Peacock-Farrell  £500k
Vigouroux  £500k
Twine   £4m 

O’Shea £ 15m
Berge £21m
Zaroury £7.5m
Al-Dakhil   £8m

Berg-Gudmundsson  £1m

Bastien  £500k

Welcome to our world 😂.

• Like 1

Team….

Pears

Brittain.    Carter.    Hyam.    Pickering

Travis      Sonny

Weimann        Dolan         Hedges

Gueye 

Subs - New Keeper, Batth, Mcfadz, Beck, JRC, Bucko, Siggy, Ohashi, New winger or CAM.

Burnley 0-1 Rovers - First Clean sheet, Big Mak to rise up over Turf Moor to head in the winner!

• Like 1

On 26/08/2024 at 16:30, sympatheticclaret said:

I've believe he's semi-retired, but supplements his income by taking in people's ironing ... 😉

( One for the kids there, I see ! )

What does that mean , supplements the ironing ?

drug dealer ?

Edited by Oldgregg86

Not looking forward to SaTURDay, especially after last night's non-show at Ewood. It is a complete lottery as to which Rovers side turns up, but I get the feeling we might be somewhat easier to pick off than our clampet cousins on home turf, even with the turmoil that appears to be taking hold in their camp.

Above all, I want us to emerge with pride intact. Dignity can f off, flowing football can take a back seat. I just want us to return down the M65 feeling like we did everything we could to see off the old enemy and to bridge the gap that Venkys have institutionalised in our club since their disgraceful and pernicious arrival 13 years ago.

Time for football to do it's magic... time will tell 🙂

COYB! Wear your colours with pride!

• Like 4