BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

9 hours ago, 47er said:

I thought the decision was for the block? and it was a poor decision.

We didn't get the rub of the green today.

It wasn’t a “ block “, it was two players coming together in pursuit of the ball. It used to happen all the time without free kicks being given either way. Now if you have a coming together in the penalty area in particular it’s either a penalty or a free kick. Very rarely is it “ play on “. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Nob End players will do the same when we play them. They’ve done it before.

A stronger ref will be needed. 

Rovers should put in a complaint about that ref. Won’t mean anything.

Will be annoying if those lost two points cost us later in the season.

You need a ref like Jarred Gillett or Simon Hooper who are good sensible referees who aren't centre of attention 

A couple of points.

Good call to choose to kick to our own fans first half. I felt far more comfortable us defending the goal directly infront of us with the 10 men than I would have done had they been attacking the Jimmy Mcilroy stand.

Secondly,and we say it every time, how shit is that away end. Forgetting the cramped concourse and toilets, you can't even see the goalline with the way the goalline is so close to the stand. Once people are stood up, the view of the goal is almost blocked if you are out wide. I saw Weimanns shot go over Trafford and had no visibility of it going in. Just the crowd going mad.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

When Big Mak made the booking gesture I winced and thought "youll be lucky to get away with that". He may have done, but then he stupidly turns around and does it to the linesman as well (or the 4th official). I think if he hadnt done it twice, including to officials off the pitch, he might have got away with it. Ultimately it was so blatantly obvious and clear I think it gave the ref no option.

He was still right though and the guy should clearly had been booked (which he wasnt)

Edited by Hasta

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just watching the Dolan - Travis move right at the death that ended up with Travis banging it over the bar. Does anybody else think Dolan took a touch too many ? Could he have passed it sooner ?

Definitely. It was the second counter attack where his poor decision making let  us down after failing to square to Weimann for a tap in earlier on.

• Like 4

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Definitely. It was the second counter attack where his poor decision making let  us down after failing to square to Weimann for a tap in earlier on.

That’s what I thought. He always wants that extra touch. It needs coaching out of him.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

A good referee would have said "calm down,you're already on a yellow,let me be the ref not you"

not "don't you wave your fingers at me, here's your second yellow"

He did it repeatedly though, for far too long. Easy to blame the referee who was very poor throughout but in this instance the blame lies with Gueye for stupidity.

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just watching the Dolan - Travis move right at the death that ended up with Travis banging it over the bar. Does anybody else think Dolan took a touch too many ? Could he have passed it sooner ?

You could say that about Dolan multiple attacks. There was an earlier one where he was put through by Gueye and Weimann was free at the back post and fuming that he didn't pass.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

He did it repeatedly though, for far too long. Easy to blame the referee who was very poor throughout but in this instance the blame lies with Gueye for stupidity.

10 players got yellow cards. You'd think it was a blood-bath!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Have to admit I let out an expletive when Travis did that. All he had to do was keep his toe down and keep the shot on target and it could have been a goal. Coupled with the Dolan disallowed goal a 3-1 win would have been so sweet after last year

32 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It wasn’t a “ block “, it was two players coming together in pursuit of the ball.

I'm just saying that was my reaction at the time because I couldn't see any other explanation for the goal to be disallowed.

We were robbed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, it’s not the first time and this is his  downfall, awful decision maker! I imagine if Cantrell was in that position we’d be looking at a completely different outcome.

8 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Yeah, it’s not the first time and this is his  downfall, awful decision maker! I imagine if Cantrell was in that position we’d be looking at a completely different outcome.

Or Sammi. That was Sammi’s strength, he made his mind up quickly and kept whatever he was doing simple.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Have to admit I let out an expletive when Travis did that. All he had to do was keep his toe down and keep the shot on target and it could have been a goal. Coupled with the Dolan disallowed goal a 3-1 win would have been so sweet after last year

As soon as I saw it was Travis on the ball I knew where the shot was going. Fair play to the guy for getting up in support right at the death. He must have been knackered. So much for getting rid of him ! He’s indispensable at the moment.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He didn’t try to pass it. That was just because he wasn’t successful with the dribble. He only put his head down instead of looking for teammates. Reminds me of Karl Poborsky. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

As soon as I saw it was Travis on the ball I knew where the shot was going. Fair play to the guy for getting up in support right at the death. He must have been knackered. So much for getting rid of him ! He’s indispensable at the moment.

I thought Trav was outstanding yesterday, a real derby day performance and man of the match for me. I'm afraid JDT messed up massively with his little fall out with him, Eustace is already coming across as a far better man manager.

• Like 8