BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

Just now, Ossydave said:

I thought Trav was outstanding yesterday, a real derby day performance and man of the match for me. I'm afraid JDT messed up massively with his little fall out with him, Eustace is already coming across as a far better man manager.

Agree Ossy. I love having Trav in the team. Local lad, shithousery, always a smile

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just watching the Dolan - Travis move right at the death that ended up with Travis banging it over the bar. Does anybody else think Dolan took a touch too many ? Could he have passed it sooner ?

Yes.

It also wasn't just the right pace too.

But Travis is mostly complete shite when shooting and despite the above should have been on target as a minimum.

Brittain's shot over was equally crap. More of a snap shot. It should be head over the ball as far as you can, don't let your leg follow through too much. Hey presto, the ball stays low.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

16 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I thought Trav was outstanding yesterday, a real derby day performance and man of the match for me. I'm afraid JDT messed up massively with his little fall out with him, Eustace is already coming across as a far better man manager.

Thought the same. A real leader yesterday--by example. 

I hope this ends all speculation about Travis' future  (except when will he get his first suspension?"!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moptop1 said:

Nob End players will do the same when we play them. They’ve done it before.

A stronger ref will be needed. 

Rovers should put in a complaint about that ref. Won’t mean anything.

Will be annoying if those lost two points cost us later in the season.

I class it more as a point gained.

52 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

You could say that about Dolan multiple attacks. There was an earlier one where he was put through by Gueye and Weimann was free at the back post and fuming that he didn't pass.

Works hard but too slow in mind and of foot, I don’t think he is good enough to be an automatic Championship starter. He’s played a hell of a lot of games and doesn’t seem to have progressed much at all and hasn’t eradicated the flaws from his game and don’t think he ever will.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

thought beck was good yesterday got stuck in and looks like he can go forward

More than good. Outstanding. MOTM. 

It looked another Clarkson loan at first on paper, but if that’s his level of performance then he could be a great player both for us and in the future.

1 minute ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Works hard but too slow in mind and of foot, I don’t think he is good enough to be an automatic Championship starter. He’s played a hell of a lot of games and doesn’t seem to have progressed much at all and hasn’t eradicated the flaws from his game and don’t think he ever will.

He took his “ goal “ really well though. A nice finish.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Definitely. It was the second counter attack where his poor decision making let  us down after failing to square to Weimann for a tap in earlier on.

Agree with the second one, the first one is different. If Dolan tried to square it and it got cut out, or if Weimann is given offside, he's castigated for not shooting. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

More than good. Outstanding. MOTM. 

It looked another Clarkson loan at first on paper, but if that’s his level of performance then he could be a great player both for us and in the future.

If you watch the video of him you could see he’s the sort of player that likes to really get involved. Bags of pace and he’ll be brave on the ball. I was wondering about his temperament in a massive game. He came through with flying colours against what could have been a tricky opponent. I smiled at Eustace saying when he told the lad he was playing on Friday the lad went a bit pale. !

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Agreed, he’s at his limit now and will get found out if he goes any higher…Found it Bizzare that Luton were interested in him when in the prem.

A grafter and can make an impact but when/if he leaves, I can see an inflated fee coming in and it’d be very easy to replace him with better. 

His work rate off the ball is when he’s at his best.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Could understand JDTs frustration with him as Trav couldn't play the role they wanted him to but to me there was always room for him and Tronstad, even if it meant Travis wasn't always a starter.

Bombing him out though was a big mistake that backfired on a number of levels i think he lost half the team with that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You need a ref like Jarred Gillett or Simon Hooper who are good sensible referees who aren't centre of attention 

Disagree on this one Chaddy. We had Gillett for the Newcastle cup game last year and he was absolute dog shit. Missed loads of decisions including a hand ball that was straight out of the NBA. Just another incompetent poseur who can’t do the basics of his job because he’s become lazy and reliant on VAR.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Proper grinning at how rattled they still are about not winning yesterday. Desperately clinging to absolutely anything. A funny bunch over there.

Seeing loads of them coming up with the excuse they had too many new players that needed to 'bed in'. One thing I can absolutely guarantee is them twats up the road will be nowhere near getting promoted averaging 1 shot on target a game, in fact I'm willing to bet we finish above them. For clarity I don't think we'll be anywhere near getting promoted either mind.

50 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

thought beck was good yesterday got stuck in and looks like he can go forward

Looked a player this lad and it's only one game but certainly looked an upgrade on Pickering i just wish we could find a right back who can defend.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Proper grinning at how rattled they still are about not winning yesterday. Desperately clinging to absolutely anything. A funny bunch over there.

The fact that loads of them seem to be defending the awful ref tells it's own story.

He got them out of jail FACT.

• Like 4