BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Disagree on this one Chaddy. We had Gillett for the Newcastle cup game last year and he was absolute dog shit. Missed loads of decisions including a hand ball that was straight out of the NBA. Just another incompetent poseur who can’t do the basics of his job because he’s become lazy and reliant on VAR.

Fair enough and you make a fair point. VAR needs scrapping, its dogshit. Ref and linesmen need to make decisions on their own and stop relying in VAR to make their decisions. 

On Gillett, He was a very good ref before he was promote to PL and having to use VAR 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fair enough and you make a fair point. VAR needs scrapping, its dogshit. Ref and linesmen need to make decisions on their own and stop relying in VAR to make their decisions. 

On Gillett, He was a very good ref before he was promote to PL and having to use VAR 

I'm surprised any Rovers supporter could call for VAR to be scrapped after yesterday! We bloody well need it in the Championship.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I'm surprised any Rovers supporter could call for VAR to be scrapped after yesterday! We bloody well need it in the Championship.

never wanted it in the first place and It doesn't anything but confuses everything. If you in a stadium, there is zero communication with the fans who don't have a clue what is going on

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, M_B said:

My mate was criticising us this morning for celebrating a draw. I said I'm not celebrating, I'm actually disappointed we didn't win. 

It's massive credit to Eustace that yesterday's game turned into the game we wanted to play rather than the other way round.

It was a Hughes like performance, he got every ounce out of every player. 

I didn't say at the time because it felt a bit OTT, but I thought the home games (especially the Derby game) felt similar to the Hughes era. Play decent football at times, go more direct at times, but great effort and desire and you felt like we would be more likely to score as the game goes on. 

Same as you I'm not really celebrating that result - that was a game that was there for the taking I think. Gueye (who was otherwise excellent) and the officials made unrealistic in the end, and the players all deserve a massive pat on the back for getting a deserved point when so much went against them. But with a fair wind we would have won that game, irrespective of how much possession they had. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, goozburger said:

The one, single, only benefit of that horrible decision is that I can legitimately say that I'm not a hypocrite over VAR. Huge decision goes against us in a game against our biggest rivals and I still want it scrapped!

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

never wanted it in the first place and It doesn't anything but confuses everything. If you in a stadium, there is zero communication with the fans who don't have a clue what is going on

I suspect had it been in yesterday and that goal had been given via VAR, you wouldnt have been saying that it needs scrapping as a direct result.

55 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Dolan sometimes criticised very harshly by Rovers fans. He is frustrating at times but it was only an incompetent and completely incorrect decision that prevented him becoming a hero for the ages yesterday.

I think people are just criticising two poor decisions made which hindered 2 very big chances on the counter attack.

The finish for the wrongly disallowed good was very good, the game changes if we go 2-1 up in the first half so we may or may not have won, we will never know, but his decisions were still poor in shooting weakly straight at Trafford with Weimann square for a tap in, and holding onto the ball for too long reducing the quality of chance for Travis.

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect had it been in yesterday and that goal had been given via VAR, you wouldnt have been saying that it needs scrapping as a direct result.

I have more than crystal clear that I have been never in favour of VAR and never will be. I have stated my reasons more than one. Maybe time to accept my opinion cos you are in favour of the crap system. 

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

but his decisions were still poor in shooting weakly straight at Trafford with Weimann square for a tap in, and holding onto the ball for too long reducing the quality of chance for Travis.

Yet in Weimann had been more switch on he could got a tap in after Trafford save. Would you have pass in that situation cos by time he touched the ball Dolan can't pass cos the defender is in the way. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Of course it’s what the team needs, but that’s the problem with this club, no strategy whatsoever(well not one that gets stuck to)

The ‘model’ has gone and now its a load of experienced pros on one year deals - which is fine by me, by the way, the Championship is a tough old league. But shows how much nonsense we’ve seen at this club.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Our goal would have stood if there was VAR.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

but his decisions were still poor in shooting weakly straight at Trafford with Weimann square for a tap in,

It was borderline impossible to get the ball to Weimann for the tap in, the angles were restricted by the time he reached the ball. Weimann's decision to have a pointless hissy fit about it instead of staying alert and potentially being able to nick a goal when the ball bounced back to his area was a far, far worse decision. The shot was weak though.

• Like 3

The magnanimous nature of the two BRFCS resident Dingles shouldn’t mask the fact that if you try and attempt a conversation with one they largely go just like Miller’s description (apart from at Merce’s dinner parties, of course).

The 90s completely fried their brains.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course it’s what the team needs, but that’s the problem with this club, no strategy whatsoever(well not one that gets stuck to)

The ‘model’ has gone and now its a load of experienced pros on one year deals - which is fine by me, by the way, the Championship is a tough old league. But shows how much nonsense we’ve seen at this club.

And we'll be in the start over again boat next summer with sod all money again.

There is zero strategy above the first team management because it's run by a couple of grifters and clueless owners who have always winged it year by year.

That's why they left Mowbray in charge so long because he kept the heat off everybody with the steady Uncle Tony act.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Just saw the replays of the red card incident. Gueye seemed to have wave the imaginary card AT the burnley defender and telling him "no-no" instead of AT the referee. How's that a red then? I may be wrong but the camera angle seemed to suggest that Gueye was looking at the defender.

No it was definitely at the ref, and then he turned around and did it again at either the linesman, bench or fourth official.

Just now, Hasta said:

No it was definitely at the ref, and then he turned around and did it again at either the linesman, bench or fourth official.

You are right, i just looked at the extended highlights on Youtube. It was indeed first at the referee, then at who ever is on the bench side. Thanks for the clarifications.

Silly one to take really.

• Like 1

Stupididty from Gueye … if it wasn’t for his teammates heroics we would have been  using far stronger words to describe him

Edited by AJW
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I’ve spoken to a few dingles today thinking we might be able to have a good conversation about yesterday's game. I’m embarrassed at how naive I was being. A few of their takes…

Scott Parker was helpfully telling Eustace he needed to calm his players down as they were all getting carried away with the occasion, and Eustace squared up to him.

Gueye, Travis, Carter, Hedges, Beck and Brittain(!!!), are all filthy and should all have been sent off.

They completely dominated us, they peppered our goal, we created nothing.

”What disallowed goal?” - they have expunged Dolan’s disallowed winner from their collective conscience. One who did acknowledge it reckoned everyone had stopped and Trafford would’ve saved it if he’d still being playing. On the Burnley channels it’s not even on the replay.

Weimann’s goal was a fluke and was all down to Trafford being too far off his line. Their other keeper would’ve saved it.

We couldn’t live with Koleosho, who definitely loves Burnley and is really happy to be there.

Rovers fans were the quietest fans that have been to Turf Moor in years. They couldn’t hear us at all.

Our play was extremely dangerous, their players were getting thrown around and repeatedly punched off the ball. Our game plan was to injure them.

Its a miracle we escaped with a point, and it’s mostly because their poor depleted squad is so decimated by injuries and they had to blood so many players who had only trained for an hour or so.

I should’ve realised that the slightest shred of honesty and/or humility would be too much for them. Even the best of them is completely bitter about the heights we hit under Jack. They (in)breed it into their children - teenagers singing with glee about his death.

Their insular nature makes them very weird too. “We won the league at Ewood - that’s something you can only dream of”. So obsessed with the second division, as if it’s a bigger achievement than winning THE league at Anfield. Funny how much they complain about Waggott only giving them 2,000 tickets, yet every one of them you speaks to claims to have been there, even those who haven’t set foot on Turf Moor in a decade. It’s like this horse in joke they go on about… a weird desperate attempt to try and counter the inbred jibes that hasn’t permeated as far as Padiham.

I can’t wait for January 4th!

Do you think it could be something in the water left over from all the mining or they are just the bitterest,jealous b'stards you could ever come across...or both🤣

4 hours ago, Mike E said:

It’s been touched on but not really given the due credit. There were a number of times yesterday we saw Weiman and McFadz talking to players throughout the game, and especially in the breaks. What made me take note of this was the number of times Weiman (occasionally Hedges) went and chatted for a good few seconds with Beck, and McFadz chatting with Dolan and Carter at a few points.

I think this is the leadership Eustace wanted from them and I feel it showed in their performances. Credit to Eustace for keeping McFadz, and bringing in Weiman and Batth. A young team needs that.

I got the feeling it was why Mowbray was so deal to keep Graham and Mulgrew for our L1 season, and brought in Whittingham.

Experience aside, Weimann is clearly just a fantastic player at this level. Very tidy on the ball, composed and makes the right runs at the right time. 

• Like 1