BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

Reading their forum,  they're comforting themselves saying that the sending off benefitted US. Despite the fact we carved them open twice second half with 10,never mind 11. 

And we're deluded??? 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

Reading their forum,  they're comforting themselves saying that the sending off benefitted US. Despite the fact we carved them open twice second half with 10,never mind 11. 

And we're deluded??? 

I mean they're correct - sending off the CF your CBs couldn't handle is always beneficial to the team going down to 10 men...

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I mean they're correct - sending off the CF your CBs couldn't handle is always beneficial to the team going down to 10 men...

🤣 

Maybe start with 10 against Bristol. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, M_B said:

And we're deluded??? 

As usual, they show their nasty true colours when they're not on top. That's about it, really.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The ref sensed he was losing control so he was trying to regain it with a card. Plus the Burnley player made a right meal of it.

You'd imagine they'd coach the dive and may eye contact with the ref technique but I guess if it still works then why bother?

Enjoyed Travis intentional standing on Fosters hand though. Had plausible deniability

11 minutes ago, M_B said:

🤣

Maybe start with 10 against Bristol. 

Maybe Burnley should speak to the FA about allowing them to start with 10 or less in the rest of their games. Could help them get promoted.

Only in the mind of the average thick Dingle this makes sense.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Groundhog said:

Yeah you just need to read this thread to see the true level of disillusionment:
https://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77292&sid=761fea8b59e3f4110386cdc1e37e9e7d

There's also talk of how dominant they were, we had the most clear cut chances in the 2nd half, and after the sending off weren't we the ones to actually register a shot on target? They were completely blunt up front. Benson falling over on the touchline on 96mins summed it up. All the talk too of how their players needed to settle, our best performance came from a player who had been at the club for 2 days...

Lots of them seem to think we're tinpot for celebrating a draw. If you can't celebrate a hard point with 10 men away from home, after all the talk that they were going to hammer us, after being 2nd best for 10 years, with a bench that cost more than our squad - then maybe try a different sport... any Rovers fan under 30 won't have known a time when we were on top. Football comes in waves and it needs some perspective. It was more of an outpouring of relief that the team turned up and fought more than anything. We all want a competitive derby in East Lancashire. 

On the game, I'm really surprised they didn't do more to overlap down our flanks, to really get in behind, they never doubled up on us and kept going at Hedges and Beck - I thought they'd pass us to death and switch it about more. After the first 15 minutes it looked as if the game would only go one way, Brittain didn't bust that extra gut to get close, like a hot knife through butter, but after that, we suddenly showed some real steel and harried everything. Their goal typifies our big weakness this season, we are guilty of being too relaxed and capable of falling asleep at the back - Hyam actually ran with Foster for a bit then just marked the space, frustrating. He recovered well though and I hope that puts to bed the nightmare of the last encounter down there.

😂😂

Thanks for that, hilarious stuff. Genuinely don't think we watched the same game.

A few complaints that our lads went down easy or rolled on the ground but they were twice as bad.

All desperate to console themselves that the offside goal wasn't given due to a foul, even though it was clearly disallowed for offside and Sky confirmed that reason with the 4th official.

6 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Dolan sometimes criticised very harshly by Rovers fans. He is frustrating at times but it was only an incompetent and completely incorrect decision that prevented him becoming a hero for the ages yesterday.

I agree. Having been critical of him in the past, I've seen a lot of improvement in him over the last season. Better decisions, better output, stronger. His final ball is still lacking at times, but for me a very valuable player to have in the squad. 

• Like 4

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

You’ll be in trouble if he starts calling her that 😁😁

If it means he supports the right club, I’ll sacrifice a bit of grief.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gav said:

Great assist for the goal from Pears too, just sayin. 

Huh, really? In that case, Pears looks a lot more like Makhtar Gueye than I realised. He was also woefully out of position and wearing the wrong kit, and I'm not sure who that bloke wearing the goalie kit that punted it upfield to him is.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, briansol said:

I agree. Having been critical of him in the past, I've seen a lot of improvement in him over the last season. Better decisions, better output, stronger. His final ball is still lacking at times, but for me a very valuable player to have in the squad. 

He's not the best player in the world but he's got his strengths. He's actually quite a good finisher and will score goals.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, l learnt a long while ago - never get involved with the officials. There’s no mileage in it.

Yep, in my junior playing days I think I only ever got 3 yellow cards (not sure how, since I was pretty full-on in the tackle, but I tended to win it when I went in, and I think they're a bit more lenient with cards at junior level and back then). Only one of them was for a foul. One was for making a 'wanker' sign as I walked away from a ref, and the other was for jokingly going 'whooooooaahhh' as a penalty taker ran up to shoot 😂 He missed, ref booked me and let him take it again, he scored.

3 hours ago, briansol said:

And we should keep him. Get those contract talks going. Let's not lose another for nothing.

• Like 2

One aspect of the game is concerning though----why did it take 20 minutes or so for us to get started?

It was embarrassing. I thought we were going to get thrashed. Looked like rabbits in the headlamps.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, 47er said:

One aspect of the game is concerning though----why did it take 20 minutes or so for us to get started?

It was embarrassing. I thought we were going to get thrashed. Looked like rabbits in the headlamps.

Sonetimes you just have to hold your hand up.  Dingles came out fired up and played well.  Fortunately we held em to one and clawed our way back into it.  Just enjoy the moral victory.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Just enjoy the moral victory.

Oh I do! just concerned at our slow start, another goal in that first twenty mins and I probably wouldn't have anything to enjoy is my point.

Game starts when the whistle blows.

Edited by 47er