BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

9 hours ago, 47er said:

One aspect of the game is concerning though----why did it take 20 minutes or so for us to get started?

It was embarrassing. I thought we were going to get thrashed. Looked like rabbits in the headlamps.

The start was in contrast to the other three games when we started quickly. My thought was that it was part of the game plan to slow the play down, frustrate the players and crowd. The goal killed that but once we opened up and put a few tackles in we were fine.

• Like 1

I saw several comments from their lot who said, in a disparaging way that our performance reminded them of the way they played under Dyche. He got them promoted twice and kept them in the Premier League against the odds for a few seasons. And they loved him and the way he set his team's up.

An odd lot.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I saw several comments from their lot who said, in a disparaging way that our performance reminded them of the way they played under Dyche. He got them promoted twice and kept them in the Premier League against the odds for a few seasons. And they loved him and the way he set his team's up.

An odd lot.

Being honest with you and given our lack of real financial fire power we’re more likely to get promoted playing the way we did on Saturday than we are trying to out football teams with much more money than we have. In my eyes that’s always been the case. Luton got promoted just like Burnley did. One club spent next to nothing and one spent a fortune but the end result was the same.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

• Moderation Lead

The amount of their fans I saw posting a photo of Barcelona '08 with the caption 'Burnley in The Championship', honestly, you know when a little success ruins someone? That's what's happened over there with some of their fans. 

As I've mentioned a few times about them being rattled. The classic comments 'you'll never have a better chance to beat us', 'dirty side', 'anti-football', instead of wondering why, with all they've spent and the squad that they have, they couldn't score against 10 men for over half an hour.

Nowt as queer as folk.

• Like 9

Cracking Day.. experienced my first away derby match, loved it! 

To top it off I went out in Manchester after the game and bumped into McFadzeen in 'Alberts Schloss' bar. I drunkingly called him a heading machine legend and he let me take a photo with him. What a man. 

Andreas Weimann -  LEGEND

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, ruggles1995 said:

Cracking Day.. experienced my first away derby match, loved it! 

To top it off I went out in Manchester after the game and bumped into McFadzeen in 'Alberts Schloss' bar. I drunkingly called him a heading machine legend and he let me take a photo with him. What a man. 

Andreas Weimann -  LEGEND

Let’s see the photo then 😁😀

An odd lot.

Their 'fans' entitlement and arrogance is astounding these days..who the feck do they think they are!

Just a reminder to you Dingles tuning in...

PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS BLACKBURN ROVERS.....YOU'LL NEVER SEE THAT!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

An odd lot.

They reminded me of us under Mowbray. Lots of possession but no end result.

The start was in contrast to the other three games when we started quickly. My thought was that it was part of the game plan to slow the play down, frustrate the players and crowd. 

I don't think it was planned.  Looked like we were over-awed. Anyway we recovered!

Edited by 47er

43 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Let’s see the photo then 😁😀

I accidentally walked in front of my own photo, I thought the photo had been taken, my phone delayed when i took it, mcfadzeen managed to stay still for it though 

IMG_8698.jpeg

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, ruggles1995 said:

I accidentally walked in front of my own photo, I thought the photo had been taken, my phone delayed when i took it, mcfadzeen managed to stay still for it though 

IMG_8698.jpeg

Great stuff

I hope you thanked him for his touchline coaching / shithousery antics on Saturday!

Hard to see on the TV but can anyone who went tell us a bit more what he was up to? I saw him "accidently" kick the ball away, good stuff.

Edit: just found some full match highlights - I missed him stood there whilst watching as was so f****** sick and nervous pacing about, he's basically stood in line with our defence barking orders. Makes a mockery of the technical area but bollocks to it. Good lad Fadz. Love it.

I know it doesn't seem like much but it's such a relief to have some normal, experienced championship heads at the club for once. 

Screenshot 2024-09-02 at 10.57.19.png

Edited by Groundhog
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

They've always thought that they're some massive club for some reason.

A really odd bunch.

them and nobbers , nobbers win tho because they are that shit they all have a Premier league team they support . 

• Like 2

• Backroom

It’s amazing how many of them pipe up with ‘we won the league at Ewood’.

No, you didn’t. You won a league at Ewood.

You won the league in 1960. More than double the length of time since we last won it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 47er said:

I don't think it was planned.  Looked like we were over-awed. Anyway we recovered!

I felt like we were a rabbit in the headlights. It's why I'm proud of the team. They've got 14 years of pressure weighing on them and Burnley's players were faster, stronger and scarier and desperate to start well. For me it all stemmed from the little shove that Beck got, and we got stuck in then, 1-0 down, under the cosh, possibly on the end of another embarrassment, and a case of reaching rock bottom before you can crawl out of it. Wiemann's goal calmed us down and we started fighting. 

Unfortunately I live and work in Burnley territory, and due to some penance, possibly in a former life, I've married into a Burnley family (In my defence, I was part of some government scheme to try and improve the gene pool and reduce hospital admissions so go easy).

I do the school run and the Burnley dads were quiet this morning. 

Last time after the 3-0 they all came out of the woodwork gloating, (even someone I'd never met, in front of my kid, called me a "fucking bastard"). Not so sure this morning, all I got was "you created nothing" which is what I've heard all over the internet too, I don't know where they are getting this from. Apart from the first 15-20 where they looked frightening, Burnley were totally toothless and created nothing in the second half. 3 shots on target each, and none of those from Burnley came after we went down to 10. We had the better chances to win it, and had the ball in the net twice. 

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

An odd lot.

Great post. Sums it up perfectly. It's really very odd. 

These guys are crying over the toughness of the Championship, like you said, I thought they were proud of the their roots and supposed "little old Burnley status" and toughness. They also seem to be glowing about their performance, the football they played. Before Big Mak got sent off, the game was open, we may have lost 3-1, 3-2 but some parity was being reached.

Teams are allowed to soak up pressure and hit teams at home on the break, it's a normal thing to do and not something to be ashamed of, you can't gloat about your team being the Championship Barca and then accuse the opposition of sitting deep. Accusing us of parking the buss and falling over, and "if that was us I'd be embarrassed". An absolute joke this and sums up their smugness:

If Burnley in the Prem were a force to be reckoned with, rather than one 7th placed finish and a load of toil and struggle, they would have some right to class themselves as some sort of footballing cultural elite, but they're just not, sorry. One season of wonder under Kompany, signing a load of tricky Belgian lads, has gone to their heads.

I do fully expect them to improve and start putting teams to the sword however, just by default with the level of player they have, but we'll see how the signings bed-in during the bleak West Yorkshire winter. To assume that they'll walk the league, and take the piss out of our little side for our tactics, with both clubs now teetering on the edge of financial issues is foolish - it could come back to bite them.

Edited by Groundhog
  • Like 4

Ah f*ck 'em, crying bitching and moaning about how dirty we were. 🤣🤣🤣 What a bunch of sour grapes!

That funny little "content creator" boy who was starting to hyperventilate and cry because they didn't turn us over as he so arrogantly expected them to clearly hasn't watched the footage from 2000/2001 when we outclassed them at every turn and all they could do is try to kick us off the park.

Furthermore, what a class act of defending we pulled off aside from their goal. I don't recall them making a single clear cut chance thereafter. That's what the banjo strummers can't handle; for all of that quality within their squad, and for the tens of millions they spend season after season, they barely threatened their biggest rivals on home soil when they had a one-man advantage.

Keep it coming! It's golden stuff, but it will only be cherished if they really do go on a downer this season, but it's nice to know they hate Rovers more than they love their own club. 😛

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 8

"Created nothing"? They really are a deluded bunch of pervs.

Scored a worldie and had a good goal disallowed due to a brown envelope and played 10 v 13 for a third of the game.

For all their possession we had as many shots on target as them, 3-3

• Like 1