BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

8 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

They think they play football like Barca?!🤡

Complete not rights but its hilarious to listen to them bleet.A few seasons of them getting battered in the Prem has sent them loopy.

Endless possession without hurting the opposition. Where have we seen that before?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, norwichblue said:

….go onnn…. Hit?… MAGNIFICENTLY!!!

Lost count of the amount of times I’ve watched it now 🤣.

You can hear the Burnley fans jeering thinking that it's gone over in real time too. 

The shot from behind him as he cuts across is amazing.

Burnley fans calling it a "hit and hope". Give it up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

You can hear the Burnley fans jeering thinking that it's gone over in real time too. 

The shot from behind him as he cuts across is amazing.

Burnley fans calling it a "hit and hope". Give it up.

Nooo, I know hit and hope when I see it. That was a masterpiece of technique.

• Like 4

1 thing that i am surprised hasnt been mentioned is that yes Gueye had to go by the letter of the law for his waving of the card, however Hannibal had been booked then later on was in the assistant refs face for a good 10 seconds gesticulating and screaming consistency is what is needed

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Groundhog said:

I felt like we were a rabbit in the headlights. It's why I'm proud of the team. They've got 14 years of pressure weighing on them and Burnley's players were faster, stronger and scarier and desperate to start well. For me it all stemmed from the little shove that Beck got, and we got stuck in then, 1-0 down, under the cosh, possibly on the end of another embarrassment, and a case of reaching rock bottom before you can crawl out of it. Wiemann's goal calmed us down and we started fighting. 

Unfortunately I live and work in Burnley territory, and due to some penance, possibly in a former life, I've married into a Burnley family (In my defence, I was part of some government scheme to try and improve the gene pool and reduce hospital admissions so go easy).

I do the school run and the Burnley dads were quiet this morning. 

Last time after the 3-0 they all came out of the woodwork gloating, (even someone I'd never met, in front of my kid, called me a "fucking bastard"). Not so sure this morning, all I got was "you created nothing" which is what I've heard all over the internet too, I don't know where they are getting this from. Apart from the first 15-20 where they looked frightening, Burnley were totally toothless and created nothing in the second half. 3 shots on target each, and none of those from Burnley came after we went down to 10. We had the better chances to win it, and had the ball in the net twice. 

Great post. Sums it up perfectly. It's really very odd. 

These guys are crying over the toughness of the Championship, like you said, I thought they were proud of the their roots and supposed "little old Burnley status" and toughness. They also seem to be glowing about their performance, the football they played. Before Big Mak got sent off, the game was open, we may have lost 3-1, 3-2 but some parity was being reached.

Teams are allowed to soak up pressure and hit teams at home on the break, it's a normal thing to do and not something to be ashamed of, you can't gloat about your team being the Championship Barca and then accuse the opposition of sitting deep. Accusing us of parking the buss and falling over, and "if that was us I'd be embarrassed". An absolute joke this and sums up their smugness:

If Burnley in the Prem were a force to be reckoned with, rather than one 7th placed finish and a load of toil and struggle, they would have some right to class themselves as some sort of footballing cultural elite, but they're just not, sorry. One season of wonder under Kompany, signing a load of tricky Belgian lads, has gone to their heads.

I do fully expect them to improve and start putting teams to the sword however, just by default with the level of player they have, but we'll see how the signings bed-in during the bleak West Yorkshire winter. To assume that they'll walk the league, and take the piss out of our little side for our tactics, with both clubs now teetering on the edge of financial issues is foolish - it could come back to bite them.

Shouldn't that podcast be named 'From the Arse Hole End'?

😄

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, pedrob2014 said:

1 thing that i am surprised hasnt been mentioned is that yes Gueye had to go by the letter of the law for his waving of the card, however Hannibal had been booked then later on was in the assistant refs face for a good 10 seconds gesticulating and screaming consistency is what is needed

Gueye---what a find. Does everything we"d want but shoot! 

And we can coach that.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Shouldn't that podcast be named 'From the Arse Hole End'?

😄

🤣 Correct me if I'm wrong but they didn't mention Dolan's offside, hardly a review. Funny that.

- - - - 

But, great review from the Second Tier pod - surprisingly pro-Rovers, criticise the officials, the offside decision, and didn't think Big Mak deserved to go:

https://www.secondtierpod.co.uk/podcast/episode/72dfa2ad/taking-le-bris-second-tier-weekend-show

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Groundhog said:

🤣 Correct me if I'm wrong but they didn't mention Dolan's offside, hardly a review. Funny that.

- - - - 

But, great review from the Second Tier pod - surprisingly pro-Rovers, criticise the officials, the offside decision, and didn't think Big Mak deserved to go:

https://www.secondtierpod.co.uk/podcast/episode/72dfa2ad/taking-le-bris-second-tier-weekend-show

Think they got it right.

The more I see that little shove on Beck from the petulant Koleosho off the ball at around 14 minutes, the more it winds me up, and they call us for shithousery. 

Thanks for spurring us on ya little shite.

Edited by Groundhog
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, booth said:

Their forum is called something like Up the bumhole end.

Yeah full of lovely folk: https://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?style=2&f=2&t=77324

Some nice schadenfreude in that thread.

There are idiots in every fan base (including our own), but sniffing cocaine in front of children, and singing about the dead is pretty fucking low even by their standards.

Edit: props to some of the Burnley supporters for calling them out on it, I suppose they’re not all (that) bad.

Edited by norwichblue
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, norwichblue said:

Yeah full of lovely folk: https://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?style=2&f=2&t=77324

Some nice schadenfreude in that thread.

There are idiots in every fan base (including our own), but sniffing cocaine in front of children, and singing about the dead is pretty fucking low even by their standards.

Edit: props to the Burnley supporter for calling them out on it, I suppose they’re not all bad.

Some decent folk on there to be fair calling it out. There's just a lot with their heads in the sand, same ones who think what they are experiencing is just a blip. We know otherwise as we've been through it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, booth said:

Some decent folk on there to be fair calling it out. There's just a lot with their heads in the sand, same ones who think what they are experiencing is just a blip. We know otherwise as we've been through it.

If you notice in the reply , Gayue did not gesture to the ref on card ....he gesture to the burnley player.... so how is that second yellow ..

Great interview with Sonny.

But am I hearing this right, Tronstadt says he got a yellow for also showing a yellow card? He didn't get booked if I remember correctly.

Fast becoming my favourite player. Get the feeling he seems to care about the club and loves being here.

19 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Great interview with Sonny.

But am I hearing this right, Tronstadt says he got a yellow for also showing a yellow card? He didn't get booked if I remember correctly.

Fast becoming my favourite player. Get the feeling he seems to care about the club and loves being here.

He is a nice guy. He lived across the road from my brother until recently and got to know him. 

I think it was wise of you to keep your tears private concerning the disallowed ' goal'. If it helps it was a foul on the Burnley defender and the linesman was right to flag. Once play is stopped anything else that happens after that doesn't count as players turn off.
To re-assert, the play was correctly stopped even if it might have been for the wrong reason.

From the bumhole forum.

How was it a foul on the Burnley defender in any way? He took Hedges out and then Dolan went on to score a perfectly good goal which was unfairly chalked off as offside.

Goal and booking for their defender if there was VAR.

It's not a foul by a Rovers player in any outcome.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

They are absolutely obsessed, aren’t they?

Some things never change.

Most people I speak to are happy to take a point away but disappointed we didn't win it, what with us scoring two legitimate goals, having a couple of really good chances, them looking abysmal upfront and the most biased ref since 1994.

Edited by booth

• Backroom

Apart from not losing against ‘that lot’ it feels like a big moment in the season anyway.

After the cup exit a meek performance and loss against any opposition going into the international break would have been tough after a good start.

Showing resilience and fighting back sets us up nicely to build on.

I think most of us would have been surprised with any more than 5 points or so before the break