BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

They are absolutely obsessed, aren’t they?

Some things never change.

Looks like we really rattled them there.

I think a lot of them know that the only reason they're above us and have the upper hand is because venkys came and systematically destroyed everything at this club from the inside out. They don't sing long live venkys for nothing.

Their obsession with Rovers has always been very strange. Even in 2000 they were giving it the big un despite us being lightyears ahead of them. A good old 5-0 hammering put them in their place.

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Tom said:

Apart from not losing against ‘that lot’ it feels like a big moment in the season anyway.

After the cup exit a meek performance and loss against any opposition going into the international break would have been tough after a good start.

Showing resilience and fighting back sets us up nicely to build on.

I think most of us would have been surprised with any more than 5 points or so before the break 

Completely agree and that’s without yet seeing Gueye and Ohashi pair up, or either of Cantwell or ACD (both mooted as potentially game-changing players).

Something exciting may be brewing and I don’t mean ‘Barcelona ‘08 of the Championship’ bullshit. I mean the Arte et Labore and potential to mix it up with anyone in the league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Completely agree and that’s without yet seeing Gueye and Ohashi pair up, or either of Cantwell or ACD (both mooted as potentially game-changing players).

Something exciting may be brewing and I don’t mean ‘Barcelona ‘08 of the Championship’ bullshit. I mean the Arte et Labore and potential to mix it up with anyone in the league.

Before the inevitable January sabotage of course.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Groundhog said:

The more I see that little shove on Beck from the petulant Koleosho off the ball at around 14 minutes, the more it winds me up, and they call us for shithousery. 

Thanks for spurring us on ya little shite.

I really dislike those type of cowardly sneak attacks when the victim can't see what's coming.

9 hours ago, booth said:

From the bumhole forum.

How was it a foul on the Burnley defender in any way? He took Hedges out and then Dolan went on to score a perfectly good goal which was unfairly chalked off as offside.

Goal and booking for their defender if there was VAR.

It's not a foul by a Rovers player in any outcome.

The author of that tripe on the bum hole forum is just a prick with delusions of adequacy. Accept that and it all becomes clear.

The arguing over the merits of a 1-1 away draw, along with the mass delusion that it's (a) not a decent result, plus (b) shouldn't have been a 2-1 win, is a sight to behold on social media.

They are now trying to convince themselves that they are somehow hard done by due to their outgoing players, despite spending what is it? £150m+ over two seasons for what amounted to a massive failure of a PL campaign. They've spent on one player more than our entire transfer window.

Oh and they had four players starting who had never played a full match. We couldn't even play our new players including most importantly the goalie, and had a kid who'd been in the building for two days at fullback, Weimann starting for the first time.

My advice, stay out of it, let them wind themselves silly up about it.

IMG-20240901-WA0002.thumb.jpg.aeac5e133af00bf0acf955abfcb49fc4.jpg

• Like 2

When did that lot get so soft? Seen so much talk about "parking the bus" and "should have had multiple red cards" this week and I can't believe this is the same fan base that lauded Sean Dyche as the second coming.

37 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

When did that lot get so soft? Seen so much talk about "parking the bus" and "should have had multiple red cards" this week and I can't believe this is the same fan base that lauded Sean Dyche as the second coming.

Ignoring that their £5m United reject purposely raised his leg and dragged his studs across an opponents shins. Then brought off because Parker knew he was going to get sent off on his debut. Course with that ref, we all knew he could have machete'd his Mum and he still wouldn't have sent him off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I will never tire of watching this. Goal of the month and could well be goal of the season. Thanks Andi

But but but it was hit and hope, doncha know?

• Like 2