BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

Mad whats going on at Burnleh... Shows like us it just takes some poor administration and everything can fall apart very quickly....

In terms of the game I guess it will be same team as Oxford but bring Gueye in for Ohashi and JRC definitely needs to be taken out.

Personally I think Id bring Buckley in for JRC, move Dolan right, and play a 433. But think Eustace will stick with 4231 so he will just straight swap JRC for Wieman.

I expect them to be very busy before the deadline on Friday. Still if parker walks that could be good and will be as good of a chance as we've had in recent times to get a result. Last night could almost be a blessing in disguise. Expect a reaction on Saturday. The subs killed us last night too many at once, and that combined with a few players not quite at it cost us. I'm not pleased but can't fault the manager as it's worked so far this season, being proactive with subs and them getting us results.

I think the 11 will be pretty similar to what played against norwich and derby. I think Gueye will start instead of onashi up top. I think the only player thats probably played himself out the team is JRC. Be interesting whether Yuki or weiman replace him. 

No matter who we sign between now and Saturday, I cant see anyone coming in and starting a debut in this fixture, not even a new keeper. 

4 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

What does that mean , supplements the ironing ?

drug dealer ?

He had apparently bought an ironing board at a local DIY store, when leaving a security guard accused him of theft, because he'd inadvertently not paid for a packet of screws. When the guard tried to manhandle him, he lost it, and set about the guard with the ironing board ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruggles1995 said:

I think the 11 will be pretty similar to what played against norwich and derby. I think Gueye will start instead of onashi up top. I think the only player thats probably played himself out the team is JRC. Be interesting whether Yuki or weiman replace him. 

No matter who we sign between now and Saturday, I cant see anyone coming in and starting a debut in this fixture, not even a new keeper. 

I could possibly see Cantwell being risked, given his Old Firm games experience (not that he exactly pulled up any trees in them tbf).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sympatheticclaret said:

He had apparently bought an ironing board at a local DIY store, when leaving a security guard accused him of theft, because he'd inadvertently not paid for a packet of screws. When the guard tried to manhandle him, he lost it, and set about the guard with the ironing board ...

Did the police press charges?

• Like 4

As far as I’m concerned, burnley simply moving out high wages, bringing in younger, potentially better, players. Over time, I think it helps them. 

Burnley (& other teams) have a plan. We at Rovers, are a project. 

I’d like to think we have a shot because they’ve had so many changes, so fast; alas, I prophesy a 3-1 battering at twerp morgue

7 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

As far as I’m concerned, burnley simply moving out high wages, bringing in younger, potentially better, players. Over time, I think it helps them. 

I’d like to think we have a shot because they’ve had so many changes, so fast; alas, I prophesy a 3-1 battering at twerp morgue

Their “plan” better involve going straight back up otherwise they are in a world of pain. Leveraged to hilt on the basis of Premier League revenues

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Have you seen how much they owe?

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

It's similar to what they did last time but as pointed out they had Kompany.

However it's obvious you don't deal with any dingles other than the tame one on here but if you did you'd understand the mutual dislike.  In terms of delusion there has always been something different in the water over that way.

Last season they were crowing we'll never play you again, we are finishing top half and a lot of the players we are bringing in are for the long term and will grow into good Prem players worth money, even if we drop again briefly.

Well.........

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, booth said:

Kompany and money.

Iv'e heard how last time they paid off the 65 mill urgent loan, sold 80 million of players, bought 40 millions worth and walked the league, all easy peasy.

So here they are again but it looks a bit different this time and maybe they'll realise hedge fund investors are playing Russian Roulette with their club whilst drawing a return.

If it doesn't go tits up this time it will eventually.

• Like 2