BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

Coaches will leave the Darwen End at Ewood Park at 10am prompt. As the Roverstore only opens at 10am on Saturday morning, supporters will not be able to collect their Burnley tickets on the day of the game.

So here's an idea, why not open the " Roverstore " an hour early .... how much better would this read ?

Coaches will leave the Darwen End at Ewood Park at 10am prompt. The Club appreciates that some fans will have travelled from afar for this eagerly awaited game. To that end, the Roverstore will open early, at 8.45am, to enable supporters to collect their Burnley tickets on the day of the game

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Coaches will leave the Darwen End at Ewood Park at 10am prompt. As the Roverstore only opens at 10am on Saturday morning, supporters will not be able to collect their Burnley tickets on the day of the game.

So here's an idea, why not open the " Roverstore " an hour early .... how much better would this read ?

Coaches will leave the Darwen End at Ewood Park at 10am prompt. The Club appreciates that some fans will have travelled from afar for this eagerly awaited game. To that end, the Roverstore will open early, at 8.45am, to enable supporters to collect their Burnley tickets on the day of the game

that would have required common sense and/or the of showing initiative.

Edited by wilsdenrover

So it's almost certain we will have no new number 1 goalie who is ready to play.

Pears will play and I think the odds have now swung even more favourably their way.

25 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

how about selling them over the counter so people can actually collect them when they pay,a revolutionary idea

• Like 2

Against Wolves they are losing because they are shit.

Against Blackpool we lost because we couldn't be arsed - also massively missing our usual midfield.

Let's hope Burnley are still shit at the weekend and ours put a shift in.

33 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

1 shot (that’s not been on target) from our neighbours. They’ve keep their shape and passed it around reasonably well, but they don’t look like scoring. 

So, with 10 minutes to go, they've had 15 shots and we've had 2, 4 corners to them, 0 to us, and their keeper hasn't had a shot to save ... I follow Burnley reasonably closely and we've brought on a T.McDermott & a W.Hugill, totally unknown names to me .. 

21 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

So, with 10 minutes to go, they've had 15 shots and we've had 2, 4 corners to them, 0 to us, and their keeper hasn't had a shot to save ... I follow Burnley reasonably closely and we've brought on a T.McDermott & a W.Hugill, totally unknown names to me .. 

The McDermott fella is pretty useful if a little long in the tooth these days 😂

18 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

It’s the worst Dingle team I’ve seen in years, this. But… that does look like a Scott Parker side with how little creativity there was going forward. If you can get a decent forward and creative midfielder in before the weekend, I still think you’ll have a chance against Pears. 

On 27/08/2024 at 16:06, sympatheticclaret said:

Sales so far, plus the compensation for Vincent Kompany & team ...

Kompany  £10m
Muric  £10m
Odobert  £27m
Peacock-Farrell  £500k
Vigouroux  £500k
Twine   £4m 

O’Shea £ 15m
Berge £21m
Zaroury £7.5m
Al-Dakhil   £8m

Berg-Gudmundsson  £1m

Bastien  £500k

In addition, Churlinov, Obafemi, Michael Mellon and Costelloe have all gone out on loan. Amdouni due in Lisbon tomorrow, allegedly, to sign for Benfica, Weghorst rumoured for Ajax, and Trafford has been left out for the last two games, not even on the bench .. 

As for your question, your guess is as good as mine ... !! 

Just adding Vitinho to the possible exit list, rumoured to be going to Botafogo, in his home country of Brazil, for between £7-£8m. No Benson, Trafford, Weghorst or Luca Koleosho in the squad against Wolves tonight ... Koleosho reportedly refusing to train to try to force a move ...

2 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Just adding Vitinho to the possible exit list, rumoured to be going to Botafogo, in his home country of Brazil, for between £7-£8m. No Benson, Trafford, Weghorst or Luca Koleosho in the squad against Wolves tonight ... Koleosho reportedly refusing to train to try to force a move ...

All is not well at the dingles? 

is Trafford leaving or not? 

Isn't Anthony from Bournemouth not signing for you tomorrow? 

3 hours ago, sympatheticclaret said:

They have opened early, fair play.

Edited by Dontfuckwithcats

• Backroom

Said in the other thread as much as I’m enjoying seeing the semi meltdown in some parts of twitter I worry there’s a sting in the tail for us here.

Can’t pretend I’m looking forward to it especially still having a calamity goalkeeper 

• Like 1

I refuse to be lulled into a false sense of security. Don't get me wrong things aren't rosey down the m65 but they are still pulling out some top signings and probs more to come before Saturday. 

I can't relax knowing we've got the ability to concede 2 goals in the game. We have a special ability to gift goals out of nowhere, and we seem to switch off really easily. We need a few 6/10s to become 8, 9/10s fast. 

We're going to have see a monumental improvement of our backline to get a result. 

What concerns me is the wildcard nature of their team, I feel Eustace could have prepared against a settled "known quantity" Burnley side, we might have possibly pulled a Leeds or Leicester result out of the hat by riding our luck, but who knows what side they'll put out. Any new signings will want to impress, enthusiastically encouraged by a boisterous home crowd. However, those backs-against-the-wall performances last season weirdly seem a million miles away and we seemed to have lost discipline at the back. 

If the game is open we may end up committing men forward and leaving our slow defence exposed, but conversely I hope that makes for a total free-for-all and a wide open game, as I don't think our nerves can hack a cat and mouse affair.

All I know is we've got to give Gueye something to work with in the air, keep their centre halves busy and pushed back, and we may have a foothold in the game.

I hope that our lads who experienced the last game at Ewood are really hurting and are wanting to prove a point, and also, are they even those kinds of players? Do they hurt? Do they care about it? Only time will tell. It will be really interesting to see how we react, we'll know a lot more about them.

I also weirdly hope that on the flip side, that the new players like Ohashi don't give a flying fuck about the crowd, the occasion and the pressure, and just play with all the vigour and verve they've shown so far. 

It's the hope that kills you. COYB. Do us proud.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

What concerns me is the wildcard nature of their team, I feel Eustace could have prepared against a settled "known quantity" Burnley side, we might have possibly pulled a Leeds or Leicester result out of the hat by riding our luck, but who knows what side they'll put out. 

Although I sort of see what you mean, it's a fabulous piece of " punditry yoga " to get to the point that the fact that Scott Parker, his coaching staff and the players haven't got a "scooby " who might or might not be available , is a disadvantage for t'Rovers !!

Whilst I'm sure this isn't the week that Burnley will have been hoping for, is it fair to say that (as things stand) you look like keeping more of your first teamers than some of the stories from a few days ago would have suggested?

3 hours ago, Groundhog said:

What concerns me is the wildcard nature of their team, I feel Eustace could have prepared against a settled "known quantity" Burnley side, we might have possibly pulled a Leeds or Leicester result out of the hat by riding our luck, but who knows what side they'll put out.

If the game is open we may end up committing men forward and leaving our slow defence exposed, but conversely I hope that makes for a total free-for-all and a wide open game, as I don't think our nerves can hack a cat and mouse affair.

Although I sort of see what you mean, it's a fabulous piece of " punditry yoga " to get to the point that the fact that Scott Parker, his coaching staff and the players haven't got a "scooby " who might or might not be available , is a disadvantage for t'Rovers !!