BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Burnley (a) - 31/08/2024

1 minute ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Think the best we can hope for is a hard fought draw, but I suspect we'll come up short and it'll be a 2-1 win for Burnley and a Pears howler likely costing us a point. I think Rovers will certainly give it more of a go than they did last time they went to Turf Moor and JDT basically rolled over for them with a horrific team selection.

My predicted team:

Pears

Brittain   Carter   Hyam   Pickering

Travis    Tronstad

Hedges      Dolan     Sigurdsson

Gueye

I don't think any of the new signings will start even if they have signed in time. Gueye to score for Rovers.

I think there's loads of uncertainty in this fixture. I have no idea who is going to be playing for them. Neither did Scott Parker until this morning, I'd bet. Maybe he still doesn't.

Despite the chaos happening at their end, their XI will still have cost far, far more than ours, and will be in a better state than they were in last week when they were beaten by Sunderland. But we're in a much better situation than we were for either of the fixtures two years ago I think. 

• Backroom

Not announced yet but seems Sarmiento has signed in time for them, he’s a concern tomorrow as think we’ll struggle with him 

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Not announced yet but seems Sarmiento has signed in time for them, he’s a concern tomorrow as think we’ll struggle with him 

He will have needed to be registered by noon to play.

When is the deadline for registering a player in relation to the next round of fixtures? 

Documents have to be submitted prior to 12 noon on the day prior to the date of the relevant match. So for matches to be played on Saturday 2 September, forms will have to have been received prior to 12 noon on deadline day. Any applications received after 12 noon on deadline day (and before the window closes at 11.00pm) will still be processed but players will not be eligible until Sunday 3 September.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/august/31/all-you-need-to-know-ahead-of-the-summer-transfer-window-deadline/

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hasta said:

I dont recall but you are probably right. The only thing I remember is our one foray and shot in the second half was the result of our one and only long ball out of defence. Scott Wharton on the bench. Adam Wharton not even in the squad.

It is the one game you don't experiment in. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

He will have needed to be registered by noon to play.

When is the deadline for registering a player in relation to the next round of fixtures? 

Documents have to be submitted prior to 12 noon on the day prior to the date of the relevant match. So for matches to be played on Saturday 2 September, forms will have to have been received prior to 12 noon on deadline day. Any applications received after 12 noon on deadline day (and before the window closes at 11.00pm) will still be processed but players will not be eligible until Sunday 3 September.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/august/31/all-you-need-to-know-ahead-of-the-summer-transfer-window-deadline/

He trained with them this morning so imagine he was 

• Like 1

On 25/08/2024 at 05:38, Mercer said:

After Burnley's performance at Luton, I didn't think we had a prayer.

However, it's clear things aren't all well over at Turf Moor.

I actually think we've rode our luck a bit in the 3 league games so far and 7 points is a wee bit flattering.

First goal is going to be vital and I think Burnley will come out the blocks very quickly.

Would like to see the ins and outs this week for both clubs before calling it, however, I think our chances of getting a result after significantly improved since Burnley's opening win at Luton 

Balls on the block and it's Rovers to win.  At 3/1 just couldn't resist a punt.

Think they are in turmoil and we will have a cohesiveness and togetherness they will not be able to match.

All this despite Pears almost certainly being in goal.

Fun bet at 80/1: Rovers' win, score 3-1, anytime goals Ohashi and Gueye.

COYB

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Balls on the block and it's Rovers to win.  At 3/1 just couldn't resist a punt.

Think they are in turmoil and we will have a cohesiveness and togetherness they will not be able to match.

All this despite Pears almost certainly being in goal.

Fun bet at 80/1: Rovers' win, score 3-1, anytime goals Ohashi and Gueye.

COYB

Ffs. That's Burnley won.  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

burnley selling their best players and replacing them with bog standard championship players,i like it,providing we don`t mentally capitulate under a bit of pressure i think we can get something out of tommorow

They've actually kept a few players that were expected to leave, but that's still a squad with a fair few players that don't want to be there. I think some of those players will be struggling for match fitness, too.

I'm still expecting a defeat because I think they'll have too much quality for us, but I have to hope that Rovers are just a bit more together than Burnley are. That's the only way we'll get anything out of this game, even if it's a battling defeat, which would be more than can be said for our dismal showing at t'Turf two years ago under Tomasson.

• Like 5

Transfer window is done, we wee with the willy we've got. 

Highly unlikely any of the new lads will be involved, certainly none will start with the possible exception of Beck, should Picks not make it but I assume he will.

Baker might make the bench, assume neither Duberry or Cantwell were signed in time anyway.

Edited by davulsukur

I'd say Baker and Beck will both make the bench .Baker has been on the bench for Stoke so I just see him going straight on our bench, probably why he was done quicker than the others excluding Beck he is ready to go.Even if Pickering makes it they will want cover on the bench and Beck had a proper pre season.

Be after the break when we see Cantwell and Duberry.Does Duberry go away for the underage internationals or Id he not involved. Be good if he was with us during the internationals 

The game is live on a lot of international TV. Updated list:

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/4966191/burnley-vs-blackburn-rovers/

The info from the club lists quite a few of the countries named above as being "dark or unsold" territories so available on RoversTV.

It's confusing but I suspect that the club info is out of date.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/august/30/watch-our-battle-against-burnley-live-on-roverstv-/

Pears

Brittain   Carter.    Hyam.   Pickering

Trav.       Sonny

Weimann.     Dolan.        Hedges

Gueye

Subs - Toth, JRC, Batth, Beck, Buckley, Baker, Siggy, ACD, Ohashi

I reckon only Cantwell didn’t make the midday cut off. Maybe ACD too. The rest were in time.

1-2 to Rovers. Yuki off the bench to score the winner and send us wild! 

6 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The game is live on a lot of international TV. Updated list:

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/4966191/burnley-vs-blackburn-rovers/

The info from the club lists quite a few of the countries named above as being "dark or unsold" territories so available on RoversTV.

It's confusing but I suspect that the club info is out of date.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/august/30/watch-our-battle-against-burnley-live-on-roverstv-/

Thanks.

Looks like I’m okay in Spain today.

Nerves already kicked in.

COYB

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I've just got up, drawn back the blinds and the first thing I see is two magpies right outside my house.

If that doesn't do it nothing will 🌹👍🙏

I opened the back door, saw yet another snake, it didn't go for me, I'm taking that as a positive.

COYB 💙 🔵 💙 🔵 💙 🔵 

• Like 3

Today is a true litmus test against a team that should (even with Parker as manager) be a cert for top six and challenging top 2. We are possibly playing them at a good time - as they re-adjust their squad - but this will be a far bigger challenge than our first 3 matches. Let's hope Blackpool was a flash in the pan rather than a more realistic reflection of our team (though that team will obviously change as our new players come into the team)

6 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Hopefully Eustace gets the message through to the new players about just how big this game is. 

True fans from across the globe are focused on today. 

Massive game!