BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Strangely for such a physically imposing player, his best attribute seems to be his passing (at least on current showing).

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is he's way better than Sam Gallagher.

• Like 9

He's the best proper centre forward we have had since Graham, and he could end up being a lot better than Graham. His knockdown for Wieman was superb. Every game he's come in and dominated the opposition centrebacks. Love the way he can own the centrebacks in the air centrally and then switch it up and beat them for pace in the channels. And he can pick the right passes in the number 10 spot when he drops off. He's beaten full backs with a bit of skill too... Having that many strings to a bow is so rare.

We need to get him fit enough to play 70-80 mins. He's such a huge asset.  Only thing missing for me is finishing but that's something that can be worked on. We should enjoy him this season as he will be attracting some big money bids in 12 months.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 8

• Backroom

He’s a bit of a live wire; I think most of us feared he’d pick up a red on Saturday and seems someone that may need coaching carefully but he’s been a bit of a revelation so far.

All 3 assists have been a touch of class and vision and in a different world may have had another with Dolan in the second half on Saturday.

Be amazed if he scores double figures this season but expect him to beat Gallagher, Ennis and Vale combined from last season 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

He’s a bit of a live wire; I think most of us feared he’d pick up a red on Saturday and seems someone that may need coaching carefully but he’s been a bit of a revelation so far.

All 3 assists have been a touch of class and vision and in a different world may have had another with Dolan in the second half on Saturday.

Be amazed if he scores double figures this season but expect him to beat Gallagher, Ennis and Vale combined from last season 

Strikes me as the sort of player who won't score for ages but then can bag a hat trick out of nowhere, then not score for a while again. All the while chipping in with assists. 

What will be really interesting is if ACD comes in with the pace we're all hoping for and is able to beat the full back... His cut backs and crosses will create chances and give him the service he hasn't really had yet. Our attacking mids don't often have the beating of the full backs and Gueye has been feeding off scraps really. So with players around him that can use him properly (which we haven't done yet) and get crosses in the box... He could surprise and bag a few.

• Like 3

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I know it can be a problem but I like how he’s an aggressive player also. He wasn’t going to take a backward step on Saturday. They weren’t going to intimidate him. We’ve manage to recruit a few more players who are up for a scrap this time. It’s not just Travis any more.

Gueye, Ohashi, Beck, Baker (among recruits) all seem to fit that mould based on Saturday.

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Thought he'd had 4 assists 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, M_B said:

Thought he'd had 4 assists 

3 in the league that I am aware of but I didn’t see much about the cup games as I was away 

8 hours ago, Tom said:

3 in the league that I am aware of but I didn’t see much about the cup games as I was away 

I only know because someone was saying over the weekend 

Dolan against Derby, Hedges at Norwich, Siggurdson against Oxford, and Weimann. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s everything that Gally wasn’t. Let’s say you’re a centre half- who would you rather play against ? Him or Gally ?

You won't play against Gally cause he's in the treatment room.

Having said that, what a pleasure watching a striker that gives me hope rather than despair everything the ball gets near him.  

• Like 4

• Backroom
4 hours ago, M_B said:

I only know because someone was saying over the weekend 

Dolan against Derby, Hedges at Norwich, Siggurdson against Oxford, and Weimann. 

Not sure he got given the Dolan one as it deflected through to him; so technically 3 but more like 4 in practice 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers#TopAssists

• Like 1

In the league, he has 3 assists in 224 minutes of football, so one every 74.6 minutes.

In the cup he has 2 goals in 92 minutes of football, so one every 46 minutes.

Total goal contributions across both competitions is one every 63.2 minutes.

I'm not sure where 58 minutes has come from, even if you count it as 4 assists as discussed above, that changes the average to 52.6 minutes in all comps, or 56 minutes in just the league.

On 03/09/2024 at 15:46, bluebruce said:

In the league, he has 3 assists in 224 minutes of football, so one every 74.6 minutes.

In the cup he has 2 goals in 92 minutes of football, so one every 46 minutes.

Total goal contributions across both competitions is one every 63.2 minutes.

I'm not sure where 58 minutes has come from, even if you count it as 4 assists as discussed above, that changes the average to 52.6 minutes in all comps, or 56 minutes in just the league.

He is even worse than he was reported as being!