BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 14/9/2024

23 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Player hate? Because I think he is poor and not competent enough to be a number 1 In this division...its not like I'm within earshot and shouting abuse at him.

The most nonsense is being spoken by you describing the £500k we received for Steele as a decent fee.When we bought him for twice as much .

Even more nonsense was the post yesterday "Where has this Pears is a liability come from ". "He was in net when we finished 7th"

Completely ignoring the fact he started 18 games that season, we conceded 19 goals in those games and only won 5.We had been top 6 most that season eventually dropping out of it towards the end with Pears in net

Yawn.

22 minutes ago, rigger said:

But we cannot sell him now until January. Do you propose we stick with him till then, regardless of form ?

Where have i ever mentioned persisting with a player in bad form if there is an alternative ?

How can he be in bad form we are unbeaten FFS !

This Pears 'debate' on here has completely lost all sense of reason, what is the actual justification for dropping him right now other than a new signing ?

• Like 2

He’s not very good would be my justification. You play your best players, which is why not bringing TK back in 2023 may well have cost us a play off place, even though Pears did ‘ok’ in that run in.

Now that all depends on if this new fella is actually any cop. If he is I doubt the manager would need much justification over and above Pears is a bit shit.

• Like 3

Fully expecting a draw in this one. They have some very talented players in midfield e.g. Twine, Mehmeti, Bird. The lad up top Mayulu has a couple of goals this season aswell... So they can hurt us but they are a seemingly young and inexperienced side. 

Eustace has made us a lot more experienced this season so hopefully that can show for something. Winning the midfield battle will be massive in this game because that's where all their creativity is. 

Their back 4 can be got at and looks like a weak point but the suspension of Gueye will be a big miss for us, had he been starting i'd have expected us to win as he's been involved in so many of our goals. Without him they might find it easier to defend against us. 

Big game for Ohashi. An opportunity to shine whilst big Mac is out, so he will have all the spotlight. Like many of you, desperate for him to keep scoring form up and keep the excitement about him going. 

I'm also expecting ACD to start. I think the desperation of the manager to bring in pace will mean he goes straight into the side. Cantwell I imagine will come off the bench in the 2nd half, probably last 20 minutes. 

A very winnable game but a very tricky opposition and we don't keep clean sheets so...

2-2

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2

I really want to hammer this lot showing no mercy. After the 5-0 drubbing there last season it was one of the longest journeys back from an away game in recent memory. I'd pretty much convinced myself we were doomed at that point. The players who played that night should really be looking to put them to the sword in an act of retribution. That should be motivation enough. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, islander200 said:

Player hate? Because I think he is poor and not competent enough to be a number 1 In this division...its not like I'm within earshot and shouting abuse at him.

The most nonsense is being spoken by you describing the £500k we received for Steele as a decent fee.When we bought him for twice as much .

Even more nonsense was the post yesterday "Where has this Pears is a liability come from ". "He was in net when we finished 7th"

Completely ignoring the fact he started 18 games that season, we conceded 19 goals in those games and only won 5.We had been top 6 most that season eventually dropping out of it towards the end with Pears in net

I think the guys got a stick stuck up his arse that he's struggling to remove. 

It really does seem like this Pears conversation has gone on way to long in this thread which is supposed to be about the Bristol City home match.

It's all about opinions of course, however, some folk cannot and will not accept others, this is why it's dragged on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, damo100 said:

I think the guys got a stick stuck up his arse that he's struggling to remove. 

It really does seem like this Pears conversation has gone on way to long in this thread which is supposed to be about the Bristol City home match.

It's all about opinions of course, however, some folk cannot and will not accept others, this is why it's dragged on.

Fucking hell the hypocrisy of this is unreal have a look at yourself first and if i had a stick to shove up an arse you'd be the first in mind.

Let that be an end to it instead of you and the other bitter little person having hissy fits because i have an alternative opinion.

Otherwise take it to DM and stop dragging it out if you want to run your mouth off.

On 01/09/2024 at 08:21, Upside Down said:

Hopefully this will be another monkey that we can shake off our backs and actually win a game after an international break.

We won our 1st games after the September, October and November International breaks last season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tomphil said:

Yawn.

He deserves some criticism for his dip in form, but some of it is over the top. I have seen him pull off some fantastic saves in past matches and he was part of the squad that finished 7th.. my biggest criticism of him in the past was he never seemed to kick the ball up field to clear danger, he would have you biting your fingernails dribbling the ball inside the box and tapping it to a defender a yard away from him.

2 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

He deserves some criticism for his dip in form, but some of it is over the top. I have seen him pull off some fantastic saves in past matches and he was part of the squad that finished 7th.. my biggest criticism of him in the past was he never seemed to kick the ball up field to clear danger, he would have you biting your fingernails dribbling the ball inside the box and tapping it to a defender a yard away from him.

That's the system they were instructed to play though and Kaminsky was doing the same, the argument then was he was better at it than TK so should keep his place.

I fully get peoples concerns about him but i don't get the hate, he can't win now if he keeps 3 clean sheets in the next 3 games some will still say drop him because there is a cock up around the corner.

Anyway if Toth does eventually turn out to be good non of it will matter anymore.

• Like 2

I dont get why it has to be labelled as hate. People just have seen over a period of time him making such a quantity of mistakes that he has shown himself not to be of the required standard and is the weak player in the team. As supporters, we obviously want the team to do well, thus replace the weakest player. Nothing personal and he like the rest of the team will be backed regardless of those opinions if he plays.

If he suddenly started performing at a good level without many mistakes then obviously the narrative around him would change. But the evidence we have is that it would take an incredible and sudden improvement.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's the system they were instructed to play though and Kaminsky was doing the same, the argument then was he was better at it than TK so should keep his place.

I fully get peoples concerns about him but i don't get the hate, he can't win now if he keeps 3 clean sheets in the next 3 games some will still say drop him because there is a cock up around the corner.

Anyway if Toth does eventually turn out to be good non of it will matter anymore.

The problem is that he's proven time and time again to be a complete liability.

There's always a blunder just waiting around the corner with him. It's his positioning and decision making. Just awful.

• Like 3

Eustace absolutely has it in his locker to axe Pears. But he has to decide which keeper gives him his best possible chance of winning the game.

Personally think Pears’ days as No1 are numbered ( that’s based on my opinion of what I have seen of him over the past 18months)

I do think this game has come too quick for Toth though, trained with the team once before leaving for international duty. Just hoping JE isn’t waiting for a Pears’ clanger before dropping him.

Pears like Wahlstedt may go on to be a decent keeper, that doesn’t mean we continue to persevere with them at the loss of 10-15 points a season for us.

• Like 6

I think Pears will start this game and possibly until the next international window. Can't see Eustace dropping Pears for these next 3 or 4 games. Toth will have had 2 training sessions with his team mates. Your keeper needs time to settle in and gel with the back 4

Pears doesnt seem to have gelled with that same back 4 despite working with them for ages. Not only individual mistakes but creating panic amongst them.

The thing is if/when Pears continues, does Toth suddenly then go in after the next international break in which he will again be away? Why specifically then?

Roll on weekend and goodbye to the international garbage.

My opinions of both Pears and Benson have been well versed.

Even with Pears in goal on Saturday and the high probability of him gifting a goal, pretty sure we will have enough in our locker to see off City who have another manager with his head so far up his own backside he fails to see reality.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The thing is if/when Pears continues, does Toth suddenly then go in after the next international break in which he will again be away? Why specifically then?

You judge it after cos you can't play Toth with no proper understanding of how we play, build an understanding with the back 4. People making this point is good one and I tend to agree there. 

This is why we should have signed a keeper much early on in the window. 

That would imply that Pears has built a healthy understanding with his defence, when in fact I imagine they are constantly in fear of yet another howler.

How we play? Keep the ball out of the net,  something Pears struggles with.

That understanding will only likely strengthen in actual games anyway, not in training where much of the work for goalkeepers will be seperate.

23 hours ago, tomphil said:

Fucking hell the hypocrisy of this is unreal have a look at yourself first and if i had a stick to shove up an arse you'd be the first in mind.

Let that be an end to it instead of you and the other bitter little person having hissy fits because i have an alternative opinion.

Otherwise take it to DM and stop dragging it out if you want to run your mouth off.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/13104167/blackburn-goalkeeper-aynsley-pears-gifts-ipswichs-conor-chaplin-the-opener

Just a few reasons why Pears is considered a liability, he's constantly making errors like this, he's very lucky that they don't always lead to a goal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

How we play?

You know how we play FFS cos you seen the games watching on TV. So why ask? 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

That understanding will only likely strengthen in actual games anyway, not in training where much of the work for goalkeepers will be seperate.

So we don't work on defensive shape or Attacking plan as a team with 11 vs 11 ever? What type of training does happen at Brockhall? Do you watch regular? Is it good watching training every day?