BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 14/9/2024

19 hours ago, tomphil said:

That's the system they were instructed to play though and Kaminsky was doing the same, the argument then was he was better at it than TK so should keep his place.

I fully get peoples concerns about him but i don't get the hate, he can't win now if he keeps 3 clean sheets in the next 3 games some will still say drop him because there is a cock up around the corner.

Anyway if Toth does eventually turn out to be good non of it will matter anymore.

He's lost his confidence a bit, with some schoolboy howlers towards the end of last season, and all the criticism aimed at him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoversTilliDie said:

He's lost his confidence a bit, with some schoolboy howlers towards the end of last season, and all the criticism aimed at him.

He just made errors as he had been doing all season, albeit more high profile ones. He certainly cant put it down to criticism aimed at him at the ground, so unless he is a regular on here or more likely on social media reading tweets, he likely will be oblivious.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But the point is, even after ages training with those defenders, Pears will not give those defenders any confidence due to his constant errors and inability to command his defence. 

So we don't work on defensive shape or Attacking plan as a team with 11 vs 11 ever? What type of training does happen at Brockhall? Do you watch regular? Is it good watching training every day? 

I imagine that it would be rather boring watching training anyday. But ultimately my point was that even after a long time training with those defenders, they cant possibly trust him due to the mistakes he makes. The main way that Toth can build an understanding with them is in game, and if he isnt making a mistake every other game then they will automatically feel more confident in him than they evee have with Pears.

2 hours ago, RoversTilliDie said:

He kept 3 clean sheets out of the last 4 games of last season, including a phenomenal save at Leicester which probably kept us up. 

It's really easy to highlight only one side of the argument. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, M_B said:

He kept 3 clean sheets out of the last 4 games of last season, including a phenomenal save at Leicester which probably kept us up. 

Pears's problem is that he himself highlights the other side of the argument.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I imagine that it would be rather boring watching training anyday. But ultimately my point was that even after a long time training with those defenders, they cant possibly trust him due to the mistakes he makes. The main way that Toth can build an understanding with them is in game, and if he isnt making a mistake every other game then they will automatically feel more confident in him than they evee have with Pears.

I have very simple questions and you are shocking at not answering them. So I take it from your post, you don't watch training and know what training, tactical play, working on attacking and defensively play, etc. Cos I thought from your response previously that you lived opposite Brockhall Training Ground and can see the training happening from your home. My Apologises RF99 for misunderstanding your posts 

13 minutes ago, M_B said:

I'd say his performance in the Sheffield Wednesday game more than cancelled that out.

That nearly sent us down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I'd say his performance in the Sheffield Wednesday game more than cancelled that out.

That nearly sent us down.

One mistake in one game cancels out 3 clean sheets, including Leeds and Leicester? 

You're setting any new keeper a high bar. 

Edited by M_B

26 minutes ago, M_B said:

There's only one side on here although undeniably he's provided the ammo in the past but despite a few close calls which happens with many keepers at this level he hasn't fucked up this season yet.

You don't get chance to improve though eh.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

One 90 minute long mistake.

This is the problem, would it be so difficult to acknowledge the other 3 performances? 

The save from Winks was something else, and probably kept us up. He was faultless at Leeds and even played a part in the winning goal. 

10 minutes ago, M_B said:

This is the problem, would it be so difficult to acknowledge the other 3 performances? 

The save from Winks was something else, and probably kept us up. He was faultless at Leeds and even played a part in the winning goal. 

Going off my memory I don’t think he was faultless at Leeds but it was more the ball running kindly for us for once.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Going off my memory I don’t think he was faultless at Leeds but it was more the ball running kindly for us for once.

Can you remember a particular mistake? 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not off the top of my head, but I have imagines of blocked shots dropping kindly for us in the goal mouth.

Nowt wrong with a bit of luck. 

I don't think anyone envisaged us getting anything from those 2  away games. The Leicester game was written off, the only way we were staying up was other teams slipping up. 

1 hour ago, M_B said:

You miss the point.

If it hadn't been for all his earlier season errors which cost goals and points, the Leicester match would have been academic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M_B said:

One mistake in one game cancels out 3 clean sheets, including Leeds and Leicester? 

You're setting any new keeper a high bar. 

Of course it doesnt. Combined with the one at home to Ipswich, one away to Ipswich, one away at Preston, 2 away at Plymouth, the first goal at Swansea, Sunderland's second at Ewood, Hull's second at Ewood, if ive not missed any out, its quite a catalogue in 26 games of goals he was directly responsible for.

You mention that save against Leciester, he also saved a penalty at home to Stoke too. He is a professional keeper, he isnt totally devoid of any basic ability. But he has proven that he isnt up to this standard and he will and does cost us far more points than he saves.

I know I have taken the argument away slightly. And may he improve, of course, but it would have to be significantly. And this season, we have yet to keep a clean sheet and he has already made a few big mistakes when thankfully it didnt lead to a goal. But equally, he hasnt changed into a competent goalkeeper at this level over pre season.

• Like 6

I can see us drawing this one, or losing. Without Gueye I think we might struggle. My feeling says 1-1. 
hopefully yuki does the business and we win! Cant wait for this international lark out the way. Hopefully a new keeper in the sticks for us. 

10 hours ago, M_B said:

He's certainly capable of good performances, from memory (and I could be wrong) he had a good game against Newcastle in the cup as well.

The problem is, over a 46 game season he doesn't play well enough consistently and he's prone to huge mistakes which get punished and some lesser mistakes which he often gets away with.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

None of us have seen Toth play and he’s had no time with the team in training. Playing Pears is a risk but rushing Toth into the starting XI is arguably a bigger one. Pears will keep his place for now but I’m sure Toth will get a chance within the month.

The longer a keeper does not play the worse it is for that keeper. Keepers need regular games to be sharp. Hes either been bought in to be number one or hes just been bought in as a body to hopefully be as good or better than pears. If hes not starting Saturday I would imagine thats because Eustace doesn't know a lot about him, and hes been signed as a punt and hope, lets face it, if hes meant to be good hes being thrown straight in (which I wouldn't be surprised if it was the 'punt and hope' due to how late he came through the door, sounded like he was about 20th choice on the list!). Lets just hope hes an improvement on pears, which will ultimately improve us even more. 

Edited by ruggles1995