BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 14/9/2024

• Backroom
12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have very simple questions and you are shocking at not answering them. So I take it from your post, you don't watch training and know what training, tactical play, working on attacking and defensively play, etc. Cos I thought from your response previously that you lived opposite Brockhall Training Ground and can see the training happening from your home. My Apologises RF99 for misunderstanding your posts 

😬

• Like 5

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Rovers

Toth

Brittain, Carter, Hyam, Beck

Tronstad, Travis

Cantwell

Hedges, Yuki, Dolan

Hope we will start like this.

So confused that Weiman keeps getting dropped! I would go 

Pears

Brittain    Carter        Hyam     Beck

Travis       Tronstad

Wieman      Cantwell     Hedges

Yuki

Subs : Toth, Duru, Pickering, Baath, JRC, Buckley, Sigurdsson, Dolan, Cozier-Duberry

Best looking bench we have had for a while.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Subs : Toth, Duru, Pickering, Baath, JRC, Buckley, Sigurdsson, Dolan, Cozier-Duberry

I don't care how shaggable they are, so long as they make an impact when they're brought on.

• Like 2

After snagging a point from our six-fingered friends I’m quietly looking forward to this one. For me this is the game to win. A mid-tier team like us with weak ambitions of play-offs at best. These 3 points might matter in the end.

Gut tells me Eustace will stick with his latest line-up - i.e. Pears starting etc etc… I hope he will give some of our new signings a start. Would love to see Amario get a decent amount of minutes and hope that Yuki will continue his excellent start to the season. Onwards and upwards. COYB!!!

• Like 3

For what it's worth regardless of what team I'd like to see, I think the team will be standard Eustace so far this season in the main. I don't necessarily agree with it all but just getting in the mind of the gaffer...

Pears - not regarded as in poor form and as many have said, Toth I think will be integrated.

Brittain - certainly the favoured option so far and as fit and available I see no change.

Carter - as above

Hyam - as above

Pickering - tried, tested, experienced and I think favoured. If Big Mak was playing maybe JE would stick with Beck for delivery but back in training and assume will come back in but close call.

Travis - captain and started the season well with Tronstad.

Tronstad - started well, reliable and good partnership with Travis to date.

Weimann - made an excellent start to life in Blue and White. Won't play past the hour when I expect JRC would come in. On the right BTW.

Dolan - seems favoured and too soon for Cantwell but expect Cantwell to come off the bench around 60 or 70mins. His energy in the press should compliment the front man.

Cozier Duberry - we've been crying out for pace and directness and so with Pickering behind, I think JE might just drop him in. I also think without Big Mak, there will be more of the ball on the ground and again should compliment the front man. From the left BTW. 

Ohashi - no real surprise with Big Mak out. Deserves a start and confident we'll see a big performance.

Subs

Toth, JRC, Beck, Batth, Baker, Buckley, Hedges, Cantwell, Sigurdsson

• Like 4

I dont think certainly that Cantwell will start nor do I see Cozier Duberry starting. The difference with attacking players is that you can initially bring them off the bench, whereas with Toth he either starts or he almost certainly doesnt feature.

Our shit performance v Blackpool robs us of a very useful potential opportunity to give the likes of Cantwell, Cozier-Duberry, Baker, JRC, Sigurdsson etc some much needed game time. Sigurdsson and Cozier-Duberry wont even have been able to play in any bounce games during this break, with Sigurdsson only warming yhe bench for Iceland and I am not sure if Cozier-Duberry featured tonight for England under 20s, but he didnt start.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Pears

Travis       Tronstad

Yuki

I think that’s about right, with contentious decisions at GK and LB. Does he stick or twist?

Expect Baker to make the bench. I personally would bring him in for Duru and have JRC cover RB.

I also cannot see Cantwell starting and fully expect Dolan to start with Cantwell coming on for the ever tiring., Hedges at 65 mins for a cameo. Playing in the 10 position and shunting Dolan out left.

Any way you cut it, very strong XI and bench, unless we lose Yuki…🤞🏽he plays a full 90!

• Like 1

On 10/09/2024 at 11:08, joey_big_nose said:

Pears

Travis       Tronstad

Yuki

It’s so nice having genuine selection struggles.

Can’t really fault your lineup there, just sad we can’t fit Dolan in there after his efforts at The Turd.

I’m hoping we get to see Cozier-Duberry off the bench - looks a very exciting player.

Feel like this game can really set the tone for our season.

COYB

🔵

• Like 1

I have confidence Eustace plays his best 11. Rovers are relatively fit, with some good scoring options on the bench.

I will not guarantee a win vs Bristol, and we’ve got some toughies on the upcoming schedule. But, Rovers should be competitive in all these matches. 

• Like 1

On 10/09/2024 at 09:15, waynerovers said:

Had a dream we win this match 3-2. Gonna put a tenner on at 26/1. Put a tenner on world cup correct score after dreaming the score and it won.

When i have dreams, and put money on Rovers, things usually go pear shaped. I have'nt bet on them so far this season, probably proves my point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

I have confidence Eustace plays his best 11. Rovers are relatively fit, with some good scoring options on the bench.

I will not guarantee a win vs Bristol, and we’ve got some toughies on the upcoming schedule. But, Rovers should be competitive in all these matches. 

We should fear no team at the moment, we have the fire power to score against teams.

• Like 1

Im not actually sure we have improved our starting 11 this summer in that I only would say/guess at this point that Cantwell and Gueye are probably going to be first 11 players in the near future. The rest will mainly be the usual suspects, a lot of average to decent Championship players, and those 2 would technically be replacing Szmodics and Gallagher. And even though Cantwell is as good as we could expect in that position and Gueye seems an upgrade on Gallagher, simply because of Szmodics being so good and scoring so many, they wont match the 30 goals those 2 had "between" them. Travis being back is key but we did have Wharton until the end of January.

The 3 most important signings are perhaps the foreign ones, we need Gueye and Ohashi to score plenty to somewhat offset the Szmodics loss. Amidst the excitement of signing 2 foreign strikers who already are becoming cult heroes, and there are clear positive signs with both, they both do have question marks in certain areas and its hard to tell especially with Gueye how many goals we will get. Toth is the crucial one, if hes no good and/or just a back up, one of our big 2 issues (on the field) last season was in net, both keepers were shocking and cost us so many points. If Toth comes in and proves to be up to the job however, then different story.

The second big issue from last season was the lack of depth, no side in the league was as thin as ours. The first 11 (well outfield 10) was competitive but it was beyond that when the problems started. Experienced squad players like Baker, Batth and Weimann might start less than half of the games but they reduce the strain on the first 11. Hopefully the loans such as Cozier-Duberry and Beck can also ensure that the overall squad is much deeper and more well rounded.

That will be important because using your subs is so important when you get 5 and we rarely did last year because there was no real options. But moreso as the games go by, injuries and suspensions crop up and we are not having to regularly use players like Garrett, Markanday and Telalovic.

50 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not actually sure we have improved our starting 11 this summer in that I only would say/guess at this point that Cantwell and Gueye are probably going to be first 11 players in the near future. The rest will mainly be the usual suspects, a lot of average to decent Championship players, and those 2 would technically be replacing Szmodics and Gallagher. And even though Cantwell is as good as we could expect in that position and Gueye seems an upgrade on Gallagher, simply because of Szmodics being so good and scoring so many, they wont match the 30 goals those 2 had "between" them. Travis being back is key but we did have Wharton until the end of January.

The 3 most important signings are perhaps the foreign ones, we need Gueye and Ohashi to score plenty to somewhat offset the Szmodics loss. Amidst the excitement of signing 2 foreign strikers who already are becoming cult heroes, and there are clear positive signs with both, they both do have question marks in certain areas and its hard to tell especially with Gueye how many goals we will get. Toth is the crucial one, if hes no good and/or just a back up, one of our big 2 issues (on the field) last season was in net, both keepers were shocking and cost us so many points. If Toth comes in and proves to be up to the job however, then different story.

The second big issue from last season was the lack of depth, no side in the league was as thin as ours. The first 11 (well outfield 10) was competitive but it was beyond that when the problems started. Experienced squad players like Baker, Batth and Weimann might start less than half of the games but they reduce the strain on the first 11. Hopefully the loans such as Cozier-Duberry and Beck can also ensure that the overall squad is much deeper and more well rounded.

That will be important because using your subs is so important when you get 5 and we rarely did last year because there was no real options. But moreso as the games go by, injuries and suspensions crop up and we are not having to regularly use players like Garrett, Markanday and Telalovic.

You need a squad for the championship of 22/23 players and we now have this. Eustace got what he wanted. 

Eustace had 14/15 he rely on last season now he has more attacking options and midfield options. 

56 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It’s irrelevant up to a point if the first XI is stronger on paper. It’s essentially a new manager using new tactics and employing the same players in different ways.

You could have a weaker squad on paper and get better results if the manager is utilising his resources to the max and the previous manager wasn’t. 

I think squad depth, as you say, will be key. It’s far better than last season, and Eustace appears to have a canny knack of mainly making the right subs at the right time.

I’m optimistic for this season. I think Eustace is a good ‘un.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

God these meaningless international breaks are boring. I'm dying for the proper football to be back.

i don`t know anyone who thinks these "breaks" are worthwhile,same with that inane nations league,only lot that benefit are the f.a who coin it in from the idiots who pay to watch england stroll about

• Like 2