BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 14/9/2024

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Try getting in touch with Lindsey Talbot at the club and explain the circumstances ie it's your girlfriends first game, travelled from American etc. There is no guarantee but in the last supporters travelling from other countries have been given VIP treatment.

Thank you for this. I’ve sent her an email. Bit last minute but appreciate the advice to contact her 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, philipl said:

Assuming no training injuries and excluding Leonard and Gilsenan plus suspended Gueye, Rovers can now field two elevens of recognised senior players.

So who is not even going to make the subs bench tomorrow?

Are youth in Tyjon and Duru to be sacrificed?

Tijon played the last 20 minutes for the U-21’s so I suspect he won’t be playing.

2 hours ago, Crozzy said:

Thank you for this. I’ve sent her an email. Bit last minute but appreciate the advice to contact her 

A good few years ago I was hosting a guy from Mali who was here doing some talks on Fairtrade and was also a big football fan. Lynsey sorted me out with a meeting with Morten Gamst Pedersen by the dugout. (I also sadly had to take him to Old Trafford for a tour!).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Crozzy said:

Can anyone help me with this….. my girlfriend is over from Arizona and is coming to her first Rovers game, she wants some photos with the players before the game, where do we need to go and at what time to meet the players coming into the ground?

Any help would be amazing. Thanks 

lets go diamondbacks

• Like 1

Is anyone else having problems getting tickets online for this game? I've tried all morning on various different PCs and laptops to get the system to sell me tickets, but it just sits there with the egg timer scrolling round and round when I try to select seats.. Frustrating, yah.

image.thumb.png.0fb9badae1ca7291e231f98672dd3a4d.png 

Edited by Old Codger
Just a fan. Not wanting to fanny about.

14 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Is anyone else having problems getting tickets online for this game? I've tried all morning on various different PCs and laptops to get the system to sell me tickets, but it just sits there with the egg timer scrolling round and round when I try to select seats.. Frustrating, yah.

image.thumb.png.0fb9badae1ca7291e231f98672dd3a4d.png 

I have just tried, and the message that comes up is - Unable to load seat page. I would suggest try  again later.

We have this issue on Monday's Fans Forum meeting as I've heard of similar problems from people trying to buy for the Blackpool game.

I just tried to buy a ticket for tomorrow and I got to the checkout stage with no problems in about 30 seconds. I would suggest trying again with a different browser - that often sorts issues like this on other websites.

3 hours ago, only2garners said:

A good few years ago I was hosting a guy from Mali who was here doing some talks on Fairtrade and was also a big football fan. Lynsey sorted me out with a meeting with Morten Gamst Pedersen by the dugout. (I also sadly had to take him to Old Trafford for a tour!).

She’s sorted for us to meet a player tomorrow before the game which is great. 

Hahah I once was caddying for a Korean golfer at a tournament at Royal Lytham and had to take him and his family to Old Trafford. I know the pain 

• Like 1

Seems to be working again now. Ho hum. My question for all this digital crap is, "what happens if the power goes off?"

Also, printed out our tickets for the Blackpool carabao game but they got soaked on the way to the ground, and although the barcodes were still visible, the readers on the gates at the ground wouldn't scan them. Nearly took the flaming gate off myself, and the 12 year old steward had even fewer ideas about what to do.

I say, bring back people on the turnstiles, clackers that would take your ear off, bovril hot than a sun-spot and good old fashioned tackling below the knee with studs showing. Namby pamby digital powder puff gobshite nonsense.

But as for tomorrow, I'm wary of a touch of over-confidence creeping in. Just go out there and do your best for the team chaps!

COME ON YOU BLUES!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Definitely one to bite us on the arse tomorrow looking at all the positivity.

Bristol City decent record at Ewood winning 3 of the last 6 since we came back up to the Champ in 2018.

Think we lose 1-0 in a really frustrating encounter to bring everyone back down to earth.

That's the spirit, if only the manager and players had your attitude.

• Like 2

On 11/09/2024 at 23:53, roversfan99 said:

I suppose it is only important to an extent how strong the first 11 are in that over the course of a season, you will make so many changes both in games and from game to game. We definitely appear to have more options and more experience.

There are obviously a lot of question marks. With Eustace, he still has some proving to show that he can push us on IMO. His record im sure I read was 5 wins, 10 draws and 5 losses so its not great, but results this season have shown improvement.

Reaction to the window has been very positive, I think it is certainly better than we expected but perhaps thats partly down to low expectations. We also dont truly know how good some of them are, we assume as understandably we will that they will all live up to expectations. The 2 strikers have captured the imagination but how many goals will they get between them to help make up the Szmodics hole? Is Toth going to play and be good as otherwise we are already accepting with Pears that he is going to cost us points? And can Cantwell and Cozier-Duberry give us an upgrade on Dolan and in particular Hedges who have proven not really to be more than solid squad options.

With the others, I think they should help to provide some further depth, having a bench filled with players like Telalovic, Garrett, Markanday etc last season caused a real unhealthy dependance on the first 11.

Its obviously not as straightforward as looking on paper as you touch on. Travis for example had fallen well out of favour under Tomasson, now with the foil of Tronstad he looks like a real asset. On the flip side, JRC has gone from being a brilliant Championship right back to an out of form utility man who Eustace cannot really justify a place for anymore.

Don't you think that the situation Eustace inherited last season had a bearing on how he set his team up, ie don't lose? 

Last season was always going to be a needs must situation, completely different from starting the new campaign  after having a pre season. 

• Like 1