BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 14/9/2024

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Hard tackles without the studs showing and I’m in 💪

The FA need to introduce a rule about players rolling around like they've been eviscerated, only to get up and jog away untrammelled as soon as their opponent is cautioned. The ability to punish 'simulation' is already written into the laws of the game, but not really ever enforced in any meaningful sense in the modern game.

Bring back newspaper shin pads and casey footballs! Uncle Joe's Mintballs, orange segs and proper tea at full time.

6 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

The FA need to introduce a rule about players rolling around like they've been eviscerated, only to get up and jog away untrammelled as soon as their opponent is cautioned. The ability to punish 'simulation' is already written into the laws of the game, but not really ever enforced in any meaningful sense in the modern game.

Bring back newspaper shin pads and casey footballs! Uncle Joe's Mintballs, orange segs and proper tea at full time.

Shin pads ?  They’re for wimps !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont know exactly where we should be finishing. With the 5 losses, I would also argue that 5 wins in 20 is not great and that 25 points from 20 is very average. But there are enough signs from the limited sample of 4 games that hopefully he can improve on that.

The point that he has still to fully prove himself was not necessarily a criticism. Just a point that he as manager is one of a number or variables that at this stage we cant be sure which way it will go.

So he’s yet to prove himself, but you don’t know what proving himself should look like? Seems a strange position to take. 

Again though, where do you think he should be finishing this season, roughly? What would success look like this season? 

39 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

This infuriates me aswell and the faces they pull, I've had some serious injuries in my time and didn't feel the need to roll around slapping my hand down with my mouth wide open, it is absolutely pathetic!

When rovers do it it angers me aswell.

There should definitely be something in place to stop it, ruines the game and makes players become unconfident in proper tackles.

I understand it can change the game winning free kicks and stifling then opponent via a yellow card, but I'd rather not have the advantage imo.

I've never seen rovers as a major diving team, there are alot worse, including bonley 2 weeks ago.

Edited by Dontfuckwithcats
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

Our away record at Bristol City is utter shite from memory, do we normally do well against them at home? 

I’ve always been of the opinion these things matter (bogey teams and grounds) but they possibly don’t🤷‍♂️

They certainly do, even though the management and teams change, the aura remains.

I believe, Millwall, derby and even previously utd hated playing us.

15 minutes ago, Dontfuckwithcats said:

This infuriates me aswell and the faces they pull, I've had some serious injuries in my time and didn't feel the need to roll around slapping my hand down with my mouth wide open, it is absolutely pathetic!

When rovers do it it angers me aswell.

There should definitely be something in place to stop it, ruines the game and makes players become unconfident in proper tackles.

I understand it can change the game winning free kicks and stifling then opponent via a yellow card, but I'd rather not have the advantage imo.

I've never seen rovers as a major diving team, there are alot worse, including bonley 2 weeks ago.

I dont understand how refs fall for it. The last thing you want to do when your really hurt is start rolling around

• Like 1

Some debate on this thread about Eustace.

To me, success thus season is at least  making the play-offs.

Don Mackay did it with even poorer resources and not even a feckin training ground.

If he achieves top 6,  I'll give Eustace the benefit of the doubt for another season.

Today is a red hot home banker.

Edited by Mercer

25 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Our away record at Bristol City is utter shite from memory, do we normally do well against them at home? 

I’ve always been of the opinion these things matter (bogey teams and grounds) but they possibly don’t🤷‍♂️

Our last 9 meetings at Ewood Park have been won 3, drawn 3 and lost 2. At Ashton Gate it's won 3, drawn 2 and lost 4.

Make of that what you will.

• Like 2

I'm still in shock and awe from the transfer market, I can't believe what happend, where did it all come from.

I thought we was going to be on life support until the court case was completely resolved.

Then burnley imploded, I'm on cloud 9 at the moment and a much needed win over them ankle biting, vicious and bitter nobbers next Saturday will be the cherry on the cake.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Dontfuckwithcats said:

They certainly do, even though the management and teams change, the aura remains.

I believe, Millwall, derby and even previously utd hated playing us.

In the 80’s I always felt Plymouth, Swindon, Huddersfield & Hull were always beating us away.

Ive only seen us win at Plymouth once and that was the important one in 1991/92. 

Even though I don’t live in Blackburn anymore, the journey to and from Plymouth (when we lose) is still a shitty one. 

Yet, I’ll be there again this season. 

23 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Our last 9 meetings at Ewood Park have been won 3, drawn 3 and lost 2. At Ashton Gate it's won 3, drawn 2 and lost 4.

Make of that what you will.

So not really a great record at home against them, but not a bogey team as such. And not a bogey team away either. What we can take from that is I’d created a false narrative in my noggin!

It could go either way today. They’ve W1, D2 and L1 so far this season. 

I’ll go for a 2-1 home win, but they love a 1-1 so maybe it will finish as that. 

Edited by Forever Blue

50 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

There's definitely a hoodoo with some teams

Away from home I've never seen us beat Coventry, Reading or, years ago, West Ham. My last 2 visits to Coventry were both abject defeats

Warning: I'm going on 1st October

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dontfuckwithcats said:

I'm still in shock and awe from the transfer market, I can't believe what happend, where did it all come from.

I thought we was going to be on life support until the court case was completely resolved.

Then burnley imploded, I'm on cloud 9 at the moment and a much needed win over them ankle biting, vicious and bitter nobbers next Saturday will be the cherry on the cake.

And on Sunday

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

There's definitely a hoodoo with some teams

Away from home I've never seen us beat Coventry, Reading or, years ago, West Ham. My last 2 visits to Coventry were both abject defeats

Warning: I'm going on 1st October

Wigan away is another one, Steven Reid piledriver notwithstanding. 

Bolton at home proved tricky in the Prem years, whereas we always seemed to do well at the Breezeblock. 

On the Eustace chat, I think it's pretty clear what @roversfan99 is saying; he isn't sure yet.

Which is fine, because it's been what, 20 league games? People are welcome to nail their colours to the mast and say they think JE is the man for the job, that's fine. It's equally OK to admit to not being sure yet. 

Sometimes it's OK not to have a cast iron opinion on a topic.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, London blue said:

On the Eustace chat, I think it's pretty clear what @roversfan99 is saying; he isn't sure yet.

Which is fine, because it's been what, 20 league games? People are welcome to nail their colours to the mast and say they think JE is the man for the job, that's fine. It's equally OK to admit to not being sure yet. 

Sometimes it's OK not to have a cast iron opinion on a topic.

Get them splinters out of your arse.