BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 14/9/2024

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Optimism and confidence should be surging through the veins of players and fans after our league start and yesterday's outstanding resilient performance.

A banker home win - the only question is by how many!

Before Burnley game we were winning. Then when we were getting beat in the first half yesterday you were saying it was going to a thrashing from Burnley and then Weimann scored a worldie.

Please change this to a loss.

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Bit of a strange move to drop Weiman??

One of Hedges or Dolan will miss out with Wieman keeping his slot on the right.

Also have a feeling if JRC can get himself properly fit over the next two weeks he might get a crack at right back.

is it? I want Cantwell in my team, I want Hedges and Dolan in my team also, Fan of Weimann but he just misses out, The best thing is we got plenty of options who Eustace trusts. 

JRC doesn't suit how Eustace wants his right back to play. Britain first for me, then Duru is his back up. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

is it? I want Cantwell in my team, I want Hedges and Dolan in my team also, Fan of Weimann but he just misses out, The best thing is we got plenty of options who Eustace trusts. 

JRC doesn't suit how Eustace wants his right back to play. Britain first for me, then Duru is his back up. 

I'd drop Brittain out of a plane.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 5

11 minutes ago, waynerovers said:

I'd be very surprised if Eustace doesn't drop Pears. He's not an idiot, he sees what we see. As long as Toth does what he needs to do in training Eustace will pick him for Bristol.

about time imo,it`s a high level of football,you can only get away with being inept for so long,,warnock was soon shut of him at middleborough,thats tells you a lot

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Here we go again with the same clamour as with Leo that lead to it all going wrong.

Change the keeper when necessary not for the sake of it Pears did nowt wrong yesterday and maybe a bit of pressure on him will bring out the best.  If not then at least wait until he's shite again and there is justification for dropping him, i say this as someone who wants to see Toth become a better number 1 but lets not repeat history already.

Let him get plenty training in and adjust in good time.

Pears was awful yesterday. Twice he kicked it straight to a Burnley player. At one point he ran out and took out one of his own players.

Thankfully it didn't affect the scoreline.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Here we go again with the same clamour as with Leo that lead to it all going wrong.

Change the keeper when necessary not for the sake of it Pears did nowt wrong yesterday and maybe a bit of pressure on him will bring out the best.  If not then at least wait until he's shite again and there is justification for dropping him, i say this as someone who wants to see Toth become a better number 1 but lets not repeat history already.

It went wrong with Leo not because he was rushed in but because he wasn't good. One week one month one year to ease him in and you would have got the same result

You play your best players, quite simple. If the new guy is better you play him. What would you gain from waiting for Pears to drop a clanger other than some strange self satisfaction that yeah Pears is shite. 

• Like 2

Honestly can't remember the last time we had so many selection dilemmas, this is weird! Especially after the new boys have had some time integrating with the squad.

Last time we played them we'd just pasted Sunderland and had a respectable draw V Southampton, then got absolutely spanked. Probably our worst game to date under Eustace. It won't be as easy as it should be going off form. 

2-1 home win, Andi and Ohashi

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

It went wrong with Leo not because he was rushed in but because he wasn't good. One week one month one year to ease him in and you would have got the same result

You play your best players, quite simple. If the new guy is better you play him. What would you gain from waiting for Pears to drop a clanger other than some strange self satisfaction that yeah Pears is shite. 

I Eustace is ruthless enough to drop anybody if he thinks he can improve the team. “ Get rid of the bad players before they get rid of you “.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

They're difficult calls with keepers. Staying with Pears over Kaminski a couple of years ago seemed fair enough at the time - Pears was having one of his less accident-prone spells so keeping him in seemed sensible. But the leopard didn't change his spots. And by the end of the season, having Kaminski straight back in could've been the difference between us finishing in the top 6, and him commanding a higher fee when Luton come in for him later in the summer. 

Which isn't to say we should necessarily through Toth in straight away. If for whatever reason they think he needs some acclimatising, then fine. But I think Pears' record speaks for itself now, so I don't think we'd be changing him for the sake of it. Instead it would be taking him out before the inevitable next howler costs us points. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

A good GK saves their goal - it was right down the middle of the goal, he actually dives out of the way of it. He was lucky that Foster missed a later header too - he'd come for the ball, got stranded in no-man's land as he was never getting there through a crowd of bodies - and Foster looped it wide with an open goal gaping.

He has to be dropped, he's not a League standard GK. It's clear to almost everyone.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

I don't get this reasoning. Why wait for one more inevitable horror show? Been given so many chances and clearly cannot be trusted. Even terrible keepers have decent games every once in a while. Just drop him.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

It went wrong with Wahlstedt because he never learned to deal with crosses and his defenders lost confidence in him.

For all the plaudits people are handing out to Pears about his MOTM performance against Leeds - he was doing the exact same thing as Wahstedt was doing - palming saves out into the danger area, our defenders just reacted quicker.

Leo's confidence was clearly absolutely shot at the end and he needed taking out of the firing line - his new manager will have some job on building him back up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Inferi said:

I don't get this reasoning. Why wait for one more inevitable horror show? Been given so many chances and clearly cannot be trusted. Even terrible keepers have decent games every once in a while. Just drop him.

If you've paid £1m for a GK and he's not immediately in the starting line up over Pears then you've wasted £1m.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Got to rip the plaster off with pears. Get it done. Becks Derby day performance has means I'd be reluctant to drop for Pickering. Real selection issues are the 3 behind the striker. 

Toth

Brittain.   Carter.   Hyam.   Beck

Travis.  Tronstad

Weimann.      Cantwell.      Dolan

Ohashi

Subs

Pears, batth, JRC, duru, Hedges, Buckley, baker, siggy, dubbery

I think this team is right unless the Brighton kid absolutely rinses everyone in training for the next two weeks.

• Like 1

I would guess that he unfortunately will stick with calamity Pears for the forseeable.

I would be surprised if he makes any changes besides the enforced one up front, and at a push Pickering back in.

If Brittain is injured, then it has to be JRC. All this shite about him not suiting Eustace's football, which I don't really get as he is good going forward and a better defender than Brittain. He wouldnt have to do the exact same role as he did under Tomasson but Duru is still very raw and Rankin Costello has proven to be a very capable right back in this league. Plus he should be well down the pecking order further forward.

2 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

You'd avoid exactly what iv'e said and there is no way Leo is a bad overall as he showed at times he clearly wasn't reay for the rough and tumble.

Neither will this lad be yet, what's to gain by throwing him in whilst we are unbeaten and seeing him make a fuck up and destroy his own confidence before he's got going.....like Leo.

You say play your best players yet we are unbeaten and up the league are we not.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

A good GK saves their goal - it was right down the middle of the goal, he actually dives out of the way of it. He was lucky that Foster missed a later header too - he'd come for the ball, got stranded in no-man's land as he was never getting there through a crowd of bodies - and Foster looped it wide with an open goal gaping.

He has to be dropped, he's not a League standard GK. It's clear to almost everyone.

Of course he's a league standard goal keeper how would we be unbeaten if he wasn't ?

He just isn't a top end championship one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Inferi said:

The logic being that the new keeper could just as easily come in and make a cock up which then sets him back straight away.

It's a 50/5 toss up but even with Pears we are unbeaten and at the top end of the league so why gamble for the sake of it. There is no pressing need right away and i had the same debates last season before Leo had even caught attempted to catch a ball for us.

My reservations proved right and we ended up praying for Pears to come back, i don't want lightening to strike twice and i want this new lad easing if when ready and not before unless it becomes a no brainer.

We ballsed up the cup competition which would surely have been the plan to try him out.

Eustace doesn’t rate Pears. I think we will see Toth in before you know it

Maybe not next week. The minute Pears has a bad game, he’s finished

I hope he sticks with Beck. Pickering is a liability. He gets beat too easily and backs off too much because he knows he turns like milk - no pace. Beck looks far better

Also hope he brings Cantwell in for Dolan, who breaks up our attacks too often 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 3

It strikes me as almost unbelievable that some people on here think Pears played well yesterday. Not dropping a complete clanger resulting in a goal being conceded is not good - it’s the bare minimum requirement. If I was being harsh I could even say that in the first half he came out for one ball and was all at sea. Similarly an instance in the second half when he should have come out to sweep up the danger and he retreats into his shell. Dreadful. It’s a matter of when not if a calamity is going to happen with him between the sticks.

• Like 6