BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 14/9/2024

• Backroom

Enjoyed that half tbh. For a manager with a reputation of playing quite basic, no-nonsense footy, we’re playing some entertaining stuff imo. Not quite the slick stuff of JDT’s best matches, but has hallmarks of Hughesy/Souey footy.

I should emphasise ‘for this level’.

I’m falling in love with Beck too.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

We look comfortable but our front 4 offer very little going forward. 

We say it every week - pace.

Clearly the Brighton lad and Cantwell are nowhere near match fitness, which is why we've got Baker (a CM by trade) wide left. Dolan and Hedges always get hawked down on the break. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mike E said:

Enjoyed that half tbh. For a manager with a reputation of playing quite basic, no-nonsense footy, we’re playing some entertaining stuff imo. Not quite the slick stuff of JDT’s best matches, but has hallmarks of Hughesy/Souey footy.

I don't think that was his reputation before he arrived here - he had to shut up shop for 6 months to get us over the finish line. I gather he actually encourages his teams to play football, where appropriate. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

I wish we could. Probably unrealistic, but if the player wants the move who knows.

I know Celtic were in for him in the summer on a permanent and Liverpool loaned him to us instead. He's 22 though so you'd think it's now or never for him to break into that Liverpool team.

Suspect he'll be plying his trade away from Anfield...

1-0 up in a 0-0 game... suppose you can content with that.

Ohahsi's first touch is like a tombola of quality. Pears doing his best to look poor keeping a clean sheet and 0 shots faced. Hyam growing in confidence. Need one of Dolan and Hedges to step it up.

Looking forward to the subs. Bristol cannot be as bad. Their fans sarcastically cheering back passes is discontent at its finest.

• Like 1

Not too bad a half. Bristol a bit out of sorts, we are looking alright generally. A few trying a bit “too” hard, which isn’t so much a criticism as it is a comment on things not quite pulling off.

Beck, Carter and Travis having good games, Dolan very active and playing a bit simpler today, but not quite in it. Think Ohashi one that’s guilty of trying a bit too hard, perhaps needs to let the game come to him second half.

Overall: pleased.

Edited by Bethnal
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

1-0 up in a 0-0 game... suppose you can content with that.

Ohahsi's first touch is like a tombola of quality. Pears doing his best to look poor keeping a clean sheet and 0 shots faced. Hyam growing in confidence. Need one of Dolan and Hedges to step it up.

Looking forward to the subs. Bristol cannot be as bad. Their fans sarcastically cheering back passes is discontent at its finest.

Hyam always seems to play better when he's the junior CB. Clearly Batth is taking charge today and McFadzean did at the end of last season.