BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 14/9/2024

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D8DNQRtmIMxk&ved=2ahUKEwjT3qe08MKIAxWcT0EAHQo2Pd8Qo7QBegQICRAG&usg=AOvVaw2Aw-LU-9-VsFqhBARL9_BN

This classic let's adjust it.

Friday night, I was talking to yuki, oh ohashi, oh ohshai!

He said, ill run down the line and I'll take you to the top, oh ohashi, oh oshahi.

Now the rovers have their man, and he is from Japan, oh ohashi, oh ohshai.

Now let's all all sing for yuki cause he cause a He plays for you and me, YUKI. YUKI YUKI YUKI 

1,2,3,4 Friday night........

Edited by AAK

Can’t remember feeling this way about a new player for a long time, what’s not to like about Yuki? Absolute legend in the making at this rate. For clarity, I don’t want to bum him but he’s a cracking player and seems to be loving it here.

• Like 7

massive credit to yushi for adapting to english football so quickly❤️

trying not to get carried away,bristol city were abominably bad,though it`s difficult to not to get excited when you are winning every week😁,it`s not happened much in recent times

the recruitment team are massively improved as well,broughton gave us telalovic and moran,parke has given us big mak and yushi,bit of a difference is`nt there!!!!

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Can’t remember feeling this way about a new player for a long time, what’s not to like about Yuki? Absolute legend in the making at this rate. For clarity, I don’t want to bum him but he’s a cracking player and seems to be loving it here.

Thanks for clarifying this.

Agreed on the other post about Dolan today, thought it was his best game in a while and he was more effectual with the ball than he has been for some time.
His assist for Yuki's first was excellent work.

And no, I don't want to bum him.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

massive credit to yushi for adapting to english football so quickly❤️

trying not to get carried away,bristol city were abominably bad,though it`s difficult to not to get excited when you are winning every week😁,it`s not happened much in recent times

the recruitment team are massively improved as well,broughton gave us telalovic and moran,parke has given us big mak and yushi,bit of a difference is`nt there!!!!

Owen Beck too... Good player 

• Like 2

delighted with the win. Good performance and the 2 goals from Yuki Ohashi was totally magnificent. He is already cult hero here. 

The starting 11 was a surprised but worked well. Baker was good home debut playing from the left. Carter and Travis also good.

Eustace and the players have delivered 3 home wins in 3 games and 11 points from 5 games. Long may it continue. Eustace is the right head coach for us. 

Eustace's Blue and White Army 🔵 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beanie01289 said:

it's been 3 of the current top 8 tbf they must have done ok against the rest

I hope Oxford paste them in a couple of weeks. Cocky tw@ts.

Preston were saying Derby and Oxford were easy wins then got battered 3-1.

• Like 1

Fantastic result and the continuation of a brilliant start. 

The key today was the defence and it is satisfying to get a clean sheet. Beck was unfortunate not to get man of the match as going both ways he was absolutely outstanding. Carter did very well adapting as a right back and Batth slotted in very well alongside Hyam who both did well. Fair play to Pears too who didnt have that much to do but provided a great save at a crucial moment, got some deserved luck after the ball was then blocked, and also did well to smother Armstrong later on. One swallow doesnt make a summer but he deserves credit for his performance today and also earnt a clean sheet. Tronstad and Travis are a really good pairing in midfield too.

Ohashi is obviously the star of the show, his overall game is quite poor in that hes slow, the ball often bounces off him and he gave the ball away a few times. But in front of goal all of his goals have been brilliant, both of his finishes were outstanding and considering the nominal fee, what a find to unearth someone who possesses such a goal threat.

The overall balance of the attack was not right and that is a concern that can hopefully be remedied by a change in personnel. Baker on the left wing was very (understandably) poor playing a role he isnt used to. Dolan and Hedges both frustrated and are probably no more than squad players. I can understand not starting Cantwell who doesnt look close to being fit (and did a stupid rabona that ruined an attack) and Cozier Duberry was only on briefly (but looked very sharp) but I hope that those 2 can really transform the balance of the side.

In regards to Eustace, there was a genuine and valid concern in regards to his inability to win a home game last season as we came into this season. We have had 3 favourable home games in which we were favourites to win, to win all 3 is really impressive and he deserves plenty of credit for that.

• Like 3

Another really good day!

looked like it was going to be a frustrating day for Yuki, but it turned into a really memorable one. That second goal in particular was awesome. If he gets chances he will score.

Mentions for Carter and Beck, again, who were both brilliant, but I thought Dolan was MOTM today. The Bristol defence will have nightmares about him for the next couple of weeks, never game them a seconds peace. Some really intelligent play too - Yuki should’ve done better after a great ball in the first half, and he was great for the 2nd goal. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, philipl said:

The stats lie- they would suggest we fluked it but that was as comfortable a win in this league as they come. Strength front to back, left to right despite the makeshift looking line-up which were causing vapours on here from 2 to 3pm.

What I liked was our usually sloppy half hour was perhaps 8 minutes before half time and the ways we controlled the first 15 again then ripped into them at the start of the 2nd.

Trav took his gift with supreme composure and Ohashi smacked them home at the end of two devastating moves with the ball travelling quicker than the Robbins could reorganise from us taking the ball from them deep in our half.

Both previously first choice full backs out shows great strength in depth and so good to see the Cantwell, Tyjon and ACD cameos at the end. 

Here's hoping Pompey hold the Baggies tomorrow so we can have a week rather than only a night dreaming the season had just ended.. 

Travis was crafty there, he hid behind their centre half when the keeper got the ball then he sprang out as soon as the pass was made.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Andy said:

Thanks for clarifying this.

Agreed on the other post about Dolan today, thought it was his best game in a while and he was more effectual with the ball than he has been for some time.
His assist for Yuki's first was excellent work.

And no, I don't want to bum him.

On his day, Tyrys Dolan is an handful for defenders.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Pears starts, Cantwell on the bench.

Feels like he’s waiting for a Pears clanger before changing it up, usually isn’t too long but for all our sakes hope not!

Your left with egg on your face, Pears pulled off a couple of good saves, to keep us in front earlier in the game.

4 hours ago, KentExile said:

Would imagine Carter doing the inverted full back job that Pickering normally would, Beck the wing back, and that the left sided player in the 3 behind Ohashi (presumably Baker) will tuck inside as a second number 10 with Hedges playing wider or the right

Do I win a gold star?

• Like 3