BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 14/9/2024

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Another really good day!

looked like it was going to be a frustrating day for Yuki, but it turned into a really memorable one. That second goal in particular was awesome. If he gets chances he will score.

Mentions for Carter and Beck, again, who were both brilliant, but I thought Dolan was MOTM today. The Bristol defence will have nightmares about him for the next couple of weeks, never game them a seconds peace. Some really intelligent play too - Yuki should’ve done better after a great ball in the first half, and he was great for the 2nd goal. 

No wonder Beck is already in the Wales squad, A future Liverpool first teamer.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

Chuffed with that. Two top drawer finishes from Yuki - what a find he has been. 

I think Dolan deserves a mention. He gets a hard time from some but I thought he was very impressive at Burnley (a linesman's mistake away from a famous goal) and his chasing and weight of pass played a big part in our 2nd goal today.

Carter looks as good as I've seen him and Trav giving two fingers to JDT and Gregg. 

3-0 up and able to bring on players with the quality of Weimann, ACD and Cantwell is a great position to be in.

PNE still feels like a potential banana skin as they enjoy their new manager bounce, but really good to be feeling optimistic. 

I agree on Dolan. Outstanding run and totally weighted unselfish pass. He knows there is competition and he can be the playmaker for the strikers. 

Sammie said that JDT was the better strategist and Eustace the better man manager. Culture eats strategy for breakfast. Look at Travis. 👊

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, arbitro said:

How great it is to see Rovers fans walking away from Ewood with a smile on their faces. We will have sterner tests this season for sure but you can only beat what is in front of you and today was pretty comprehensive in all departments. I thought Dolan was our best player despite Ohashi scoring two quality goals. By his own standards Ohashi was below par in the first half but his attitude is first class. Dolan was involved in lots of good things we did and his pressing was great. It's amazing to think we were worried about where the goals would come from after selling Szmodics but our fears have so far been unfounded as the twelve goals so far have allayed that fear. A clean sheet is always welcome but a special word of praise from me for Pears. One sloppy pass in the first half aside he was pretty much faultless and his save in the second half was a turning point in the game for me. I read lots of comments from fans who wanted him to be dropped but his performance today will keep him in the side for sure.

I'm pretty sure nobody is going to get carried away yet but our start has surprised me as I didn't in my wildest dreams expect to be second albeit after only five games.

Put me in the getting carried away camp Tony! This team has experience, grit, flair, goals and a tactically astute manager. If he can get, and keep, Cantwell, Mak and Ohashi on the same pitch for most of the season, I can see us going up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

Put me in the getting carried away camp Tony! This team has experience, grit, flair, goals and a tactically astute manager. If he can get, and keep, Cantwell, Mak and Ohashi on the same pitch for most of the season, I can see us going up.

the reason we won`t go up is our owners,they don`t want us promoted,we`ve been in the top six before,they just **** the manager over if the team looks promising

Edited by simongarnerisgod
missed words
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto Mk2 said:

Come on John - have your 60+ years as a Rovers can taught you nowt. 😂

• Like 1

Just seen the highlights - two excellent goals from the Japanese lad, very much like Sammie in that he picks his spot and "passes" the ball into the net. 

Great win and a welcome tonic after an afternoon umpiring a cricket match and getting dog's abuse from players. If anyone's thinking of having a go - don't bother, it's not worth it. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Amazing, how about the season before ?

Not as good 😉 

but before that, normally missed less than 10 each year (not sure if that was because of injury/suspension or just not being selected), but still not exactly missing a lot.  He has had one "bad" season with injuries (his first with Rovers), which I think clouds our minds as to his fitness just a little

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Just seen the highlights - two excellent goals from the Japanese lad, very much like Sammie in that he picks his spot and "passes" the ball into the net. 

Great win and a welcome tonic after an afternoon umpiring a cricket match and getting dog's abuse from players. If anyone's thinking of having a go - don't bother, it's not worth it. 

that's appalling Jim. I'd toyed with the idea. Pathetic. And that's local league cricket. Unacceptable. 

• Like 2

Lots of positives and a great win. Well done to the lads and the manager.

Thought Dolan played well (despite occasionally hanging on too long to the ball again-eg he should have slipped the ball earlier for the 2nd goal but got tackled -luckily he was able to get up and slip a lovely pass to Yuki who scored a sweet goal. Also thought Pears was good –just need to give credit where it’s due. 2 good saves and a good punch. Tronstad outstanding at the stuff that needs doing. Trav good but tires quickly.

They weren’t great but you do what you have to. All sensible by JE. One thing that really irked was Buckley. What a complete egoist. He stroked a 5 yard pass at the back when we were 3-0 up as though it was a work of art. Far better in his own head than he really is.

Was wondering where the goals wold come from without Sammie. Step up Yuki. Lovely. No doubt in my mind that had he not been on showing his class, and had Bristol not gifted us a first goal, it would have been more difficult. There was a spell after going 1-0 up that the game was scrappy and although not threatened, we did not do much. But nobody in our side scores that 3rd goal other than Yuki. Or the second. Maybe Cantwell –let’s see. And on Cantwell, that fancy pass by him (the crossover legs?) says it all –it will be interesting to see how it goes-a fancy Dan flattering to deceive or a real star?

What was also really pleasing was to see the players who came on. Duberry clearly has a sweet left foot, good first touch and is pretty rapid. Cantwell struggled to get into the game (not his fault).

Credit to the recruitment team –some imagination shown on the usual peanuts provided by the numpties above.

Don’t buy this “everyone was excellent” –thought Carter looked lumbering at right back. Baker solid but can drift out of a game.

Anyway, love the Yuki chant and always nice to go home in a good mood. Loved his bow to the pitch as he went off.