BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 14/9/2024

4 minutes ago, johnradfordsubbuteo2 said:

that's appalling Jim. I'd toyed with the idea. Pathetic. And that's local league cricket. Unacceptable. 

i like to watch the local cricket,they take it very seriously,sledging and all sorts going on,you have to laugh at some of them,they treat it like an ashes test match and some of the bowler think they are curtly ambrose reborn

Fantastic performance feels so much better at Ewood this season vs the dross served up last season by both managers. 

We already have 3 of our 6 home wins from last season and get the feeling that will be well smashed this time around.

Ohashi and Beck class today and everyone else on 8/9 ratings for me. Keep it going!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booth said:

According to our genetically challenged friends down the road, our good start is down to us not playing anything yet 🤦‍♂️😄

twats.jpg.0c64bc092fb122fbbd955d4d4b0f14b6.jpg

They are right. Didn’t think Burnley were a decent at all. 

My god, they do trip themselves up sometimes with their stupid comments.🙄

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, benhben said:

Just seen the highlights. Them two finished from Yuki. Still love the little dink on his debut v Derby. 

Very cute in front of goal. 

He scored a really nice header at Stockport as well, seems to just have that knack in front of goal that players like Sam Gallagher just don't have.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Yuki's confidence will be sky high after those two goals today..hard to drop him to the bench.

P.S.

Have we had our  ticket allocation for Preston restricted?

1,000 extra tickets on sale from Monday (online only 🤦‍♂️)

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/september/04/ticket-news--preston-north-end-v-rovers/

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, RoversTilliDie said:

Your left with egg on your face, Pears pulled off a couple of good saves, to keep us in front earlier in the game.

I am?

Think it proved spot on, the manager stuck with him and the competition obviously spurred him on and it’s his shirt to lose. I think it will change once he has a bad game 

39 minutes ago, neophox said:

Think Gueye will start at Preston but Ohashi may be the gem to come of the bench and scoring some crackers...

Think we could play both together, they would suit each other style wise.

But weve done so well with one or the other I suspect we will stick in the same vein.

My guess is we will stick with Big Mak to soften them up and Yuki to finish them off.

Its something to be able to get to an hour and bring Ohashi, Wieman and Cantwell off the bench. And Duberry looks a player too....

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Think we could play both together, they would suit each other style wise.

But weve done so well with one or the other I suspect we will stick in the same vein.

My guess is we will stick with Big Mak to soften them up and Yuki to finish them off.

Its something to be able to get to an hour and bring Ohashi, Wieman and Cantwell off the bench. And Duberry looks a player too....

That’s my thinking as well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

I am?

Think it proved spot on, the manager stuck with him and the competition obviously spurred him on and it’s his shirt to lose. I think it will change once he has a bad game 

He was never going to leave Pears out today no matter what. It would be too early to throw the new guy in, it looks like it’s motivated Pears anyway.

• Like 2

• Backroom
32 minutes ago, benhben said:

Just seen the highlights. Them two finished from Yuki. Still love the little dink on his debut v Derby. 

Very cute in front of goal. 

Ohashi's first goal was a superb finish, but lots of credit to Dolan for a fantastic assist, Second goal was all Yuki. Picks it up in a fairly unthreatening position, charges into the box, befuddles the defender and then curls a picture-perfect shot into the corner of the net. Brilliant stuff.

• Like 3

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He was never going to leave Pears out today no matter what. It would be too early to throw the new guy in, it looks like it’s motivated Pears anyway.

Competition for places is never a bad thing. We've had a long stretch where many of our first eleven have been default selections, due to our bench being so weak. We're finally in a position where a number of players have challengers for their spots, and that can only motivate everyone to perform better - and it'll weed out any who can't handle the pressure of competition and shouldn't be starters anyway.

• Like 1

Great result, a little tense until the 3rd goal even though they were poor.

Pears was good with his shot stopping and pleased he and the defence got a clean sheet but there were a few moments playing out that gave us problems. On another day could have been costly.

I thought we missed the focal point of Mak in the 1st half.

Shout to Dolan for his pressing today. Could see the difference instantly when he came off. The whole team got the press to a tee I thought.

Cantwell clearly lacking that match sharpness. A month of 30 minute to 60 minute cameos I think.

Beck was very impressive. His place to lose at left back.

Of course the best till last. Yuki is hard not to like. His effort, enthusiasm and humbleness whilst giving so much to the team and of course his finishing is fantastic. Deserved man of the match, I can see him really growing as the season goes on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aletheia said:

Don’t buy this “everyone was excellent” –thought Carter looked lumbering at right back. Baker solid but can drift out of a game.

Thought Carter was okay. A couple of odd choices positionally but that's to be expected to some extent.

I'd go further on Baker and thought he was poor. Clearly not a winger, and one where the manager is trying to crowbar him into the team. I also wasn't massively impressed with his set pieces.

I was also really looking forward to seeing cantwell but he looks very short of match fitness. It's going to be a good few weeks before he's starting.

Don't let distract from what was a very pleasing afternoon at ewood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aletheia said:

Lots of positives and a great win. Well done to the lads and the manager.

Thought Dolan played well (despite occasionally hanging on too long to the ball again-eg he should have slipped the ball earlier for the 2nd goal but got tackled -luckily he was able to get up and slip a lovely pass to Yuki who scored a sweet goal. Also thought Pears was good –just need to give credit where it’s due. 2 good saves and a good punch. Tronstad outstanding at the stuff that needs doing. Trav good but tires quickly.

They weren’t great but you do what you have to. All sensible by JE. One thing that really irked was Buckley. What a complete egoist. He stroked a 5 yard pass at the back when we were 3-0 up as though it was a work of art. Far better in his own head than he really is.

Was wondering where the goals wold come from without Sammie. Step up Yuki. Lovely. No doubt in my mind that had he not been on showing his class, and had Bristol not gifted us a first goal, it would have been more difficult. There was a spell after going 1-0 up that the game was scrappy and although not threatened, we did not do much. But nobody in our side scores that 3rd goal other than Yuki. Or the second. Maybe Cantwell –let’s see. And on Cantwell, that fancy pass by him (the crossover legs?) says it all –it will be interesting to see how it goes-a fancy Dan flattering to deceive or a real star?

What was also really pleasing was to see the players who came on. Duberry clearly has a sweet left foot, good first touch and is pretty rapid. Cantwell struggled to get into the game (not his fault).

Credit to the recruitment team –some imagination shown on the usual peanuts provided by the numpties above.

Don’t buy this “everyone was excellent” –thought Carter looked lumbering at right back. Baker solid but can drift out of a game.

Anyway, love the Yuki chant and always nice to go home in a good mood. Loved his bow to the pitch as he went off.

Three very strange criticisms, but that's football fandom for you I guess. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Thought Carter was okay. A couple of odd choices positionally but that's to be expected to some extent.

I'd go further on Baker and thought he was poor. Clearly not a winger, and one where the manager is trying to crowbar him into the team. I also wasn't massively impressed with his set pieces.

I was also really looking forward to seeing cantwell but he looks very short of match fitness. It's going to be a good few weeks before he's starting.

Don't let distract from what was a very pleasing afternoon at ewood.

The Baker selection was a manager refusing to change formation.

He told us at full time that Weimann hadn't trained for 2 weeks, Sigurdsson was injured / ill, Cantwell isn't match fit and Cozier-Duberry would have been making his Senior debut. The only other fit option would have been Rankin-Costello, but he's had a couple of stinkers lately so I assume he's been taken out of the firing line for a while. 

I think we got away with it, but he didn't have a bad game per se, he was just clearly playing out of position. 

• Like 1