BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (h) - 14/9/2024

• Backroom
4 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

Bristol City are a bit of a bogey team for us aren't they, not too confident here! Possible loss, but more than likely a draw i'd say.

If we do manage to get a win, however, it'd most certainly be a sign that things are really starting to look up.

Yeah but they don’t have that fucker Weiman playing for them anymore. Wonder if he’s doing anything significant these days?

• Like 8

19 hours ago, TheRevAshton said:

Bristol City are a bit of a bogey team for us aren't they, not too confident here! Possible loss, but more than likely a draw i'd say.

If we do manage to get a win, however, it'd most certainly be a sign that things are really starting to look up.

I dunno, we beat them at Ewood last season.

Before that though they had a decent record here.

Bristol City always a tricky one for Rovers. They got thumped at the weekend to Derby, so this is a more than winnable game, especially at home.

Obviously Gueye will be out so a change will be needed there. Think Cantwell will start on the bench given his lack of game time recently. Drop Pears.

Predicted line-up:

Toth

Brittain    Carter    Hyam    Beck

Travis    Tronstad

Weimann     Dolan      Hedges

Ohashi

Rovers 2-1 win. Ohashi and Weimann with the goals.

• Like 1

Re:goalkeeper

I. reckon last season JDT saw Wahlstedt in training and whatever games they may have played behind closed doors and noted his weakness and decided that he needed time to get used to the league and that's why he didn't displace Pears, also I think JDT rated Pears a bit more than most of us.

For Toht I presume that Eustace will want to see how he does in training and any behind closed doors games or U21 games he can play before putting him in to the team.  Given he will be away with the national team we will probably have to wait least a little while.

Personally I think Pears is a pretty poor keeper so we will have to hope that Toth is the real deal and he shows Eustace he is ready to start as soon as possible.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

Re:goalkeeper

I. reckon last season JDT saw Wahlstedt in training and whatever games they may have played behind closed doors and noted his weakness and decided that he needed time to get used to the league and that's why he didn't displace Pears, also I think JDT rated Pears a bit more than most of us.

For Toht I presume that Eustace will want to see how he does in training and any behind closed doors games or U21 games he can play before putting him in to the team.  Given he will be away with the national team we will probably have to wait least a little while.

Personally I think Pears is a pretty poor keeper so we will have to hope that Toth is the real deal and he shows Eustace he is ready to start as soon as possible.

Yeh its interesting. Also Jdt kept pears in the sticks despite TK returning from injury. I wonder if he thought we'd up his value and the club would sell him too?

Wonder how long it will be before Tory gets a game

Will be interesting to see what makes that decision as we collectively agree Pears should be dropped but whether Eustace does or not is hard to know

8 hours ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Bristol City always a tricky one for Rovers. They got thumped at the weekend to Derby, so this is a more than winnable game, especially at home.

Obviously Gueye will be out so a change will be needed there. Think Cantwell will start on the bench given his lack of game time recently. Drop Pears.

Predicted line-up:

Toth

Brittain    Carter    Hyam    Beck

Travis    Tronstad

Weimann     Dolan      Hedges

Ohashi

Rovers 2-1 win. Ohashi and Weimann with the goals.

After last season's away drumming (I personally got scathed at work and still continue to get grief about it) we need to give them a payback at ewood.

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Yeh its interesting. Also Jdt kept pears in the sticks despite TK returning from injury. I wonder if he thought we'd up his value and the club would sell him too?

Wonder how long it will be before Tory gets a game

Will be interesting to see what makes that decision as we collectively agree Pears should be dropped but whether Eustace does or not is hard to know

We were turned into a development club with Broughton in charge of all that and he was trying to implement a succession of players to sell whilst keeping the team competitive.

For whatever reason he rated Wahlsted highly but the plan i was told was to keep playing all the younger players already in the team in order to increase value and attract buyers. Whilst bringing all the new back up signings up to speed the integrating them bit by bit so they were ready to step in one someone was sold.

That was the blueprint moving forwards and Pears and Leo were very much part of that he was never bought to instantly replace unless the head coach felt the need.

Obviously it didn't work out like that with any of them because JDT was non plussed and thought they were all behind the required fitness (and politely thought they were all crap having seen them in the flesh).

• Like 1

It will be a tricky one for Eustace to manage will this game.

Straight after the confidence boost at The Turd, a few selection decisions to be made, and ahead of another big derby at Nob End. 

Hopefully he'll be able to get the side in a good place for another home win.

2-1 Rovers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It will be a tricky one for Eustace to manage will this game.

Straight after the confidence boost at The Turd, a few selection decisions to be made, and ahead of another big derby at Nob End. 

Hopefully he'll be able to get the side in a good place for another home win.

2-1 Rovers.

Id take that. We need to keep our unbeaten run going 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheKitGuy said:

Something different, I will keep this updated and add to it each match thread. It should give us some scope on how we are performing based on previous seasons averages. 

Current PPG - 2.00

Top 2 xPPG (based on 5yr AVG.) - 1.95

3rd xPPG - 1.82

6th xPPG - 1.58

12th xPPG - 1.36

21st xPPG - 1.02

22nd xPPG - 0.96

24th xPPG - 0.80

If we win against Bristol C 

PPG - 2.2

If we draw against Bristol C 

PPG - 1.8 

If we lose against Bristol City

PPG - 1.6 

(PPG = points per game) 

(xPPG = expected points per game) 

This is great. It needs it's own locked thread so it doesn't get lost on the pages and we can see your updates weekly and compare/track.

Great effort 

• Like 6

I reckon Cantwell will start this tbh. Not sure if he'll play behind the striker or as a wide attacker though?

----------------------Pears

Brittain----Carter----Hyam----Beck

---------------Travis---Tronstad

Weimann-----Cantwell------Hedges

‐---------------------Dolan

I actually think JE will opt for that lineup.

I don't think he'll drop either of Beck or Weimann after the Dingle game.

For me, Ohashi deserves to start upfront in Gueye's absence though.

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

I reckon Cantwell will start this tbh. Not sure if he'll play behind the striker or as a wide attacker though?

----------------------Pears

Brittain----Carter----Hyam----Beck

---------------Travis---Tronstad

Weimann-----Cantwell------Hedges

‐---------------------Dolan

I actually think JE will opt for that lineup.

I don't think he'll drop either of Beck or Weimann after the Dingle game.

For me, Ohashi deserves to start upfront in Gueye's absence though.

Really? If Pears starts I'd be absolutely amazed.

50 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Really? If Pears starts I'd be absolutely amazed.

New lad has been away on international duty, JE will have barely seen him in training. Can't see him starting for a few weeks yet.

(Just to be clear, I think Pears is dreadful and would have him out of net asap)

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

New lad has been away on international duty, JE will have barely seen him in training. Can't see him starting for a few weeks yet.

(Just to be clear, I think Pears is dreadful and would have him out of net asap)

it would be a damning indictment of Pears if JE did drop him after these next two weeks of training for someone who he's barely seen, returning from international duty

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nbdrovers said:

it would be a damning indictment of Pears if JE did drop him after these next two weeks of training for someone who he's barely seen, returning from international duty

I'm willing to stick my neck out and say he will.

Pears is bloody awful.

• Like 1

Has anybody heard about a BCD game this week or next week? I have been told one has been arranged but not the date. I also heard the players have been given a few days off next week so if that's true the game is likely to be this week.

9 hours ago, nbdrovers said:

I can’t see Pears being dropped in the circumstances. If the Hungarian lad had been back here training with us for the two weeks, maybe.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nbdrovers said:

It would be.

Tbf, JE has certainly seen enough of Pears since he joined to see that he isn't up to it. He had to choose between him and Wahlstedt last season, and it's been between Pears and Hilton this season so far.

I can't believe for a minute that JE really wants Pears as his No.1 but up till now he's not really had any choice. 

I still think for this one, Pears will start but after that, you'd hope JE wants to get the new lad in as quickly as possible.

• Like 1