BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/09/2024

Crap today but it was always going to happen at some point, a local derby always a hard one and lets be honest we've been over achieving again.

That is the reality of it so lets take the point and clean sheet and concentrate on the next one as it's almost certain we'd have lost that today not long ago even against ten.

Progress has been made in the face of player sales and no funding with only small reinvestment so a point today isn't to be sniffed at.

Not even going to comment on the officials other than to say non league would be embarrassed to have them.

• Like 1

Plenty of bite in that one.

Dolan should have put that one chance away.

We were not winning individual battles all over the park and couldn't string passes together.

Heckinbottom is an excellent manager to get that performance out of that lot.

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its a point and we keep our unbeaten run going. Clean sheet and Pears made 4 good saves today. Back 4 and Tronstad and Travis were solid all game. Disappointed with our attacking play and frustrated by the lack of quality in the final third. Surprised he didn't try Hedges on the wide left and Dolan/Weimann wide right. We didn't used Gueye well enough second half. 

Greenwood's red card is correct and has is Beck one a red card.

It should be at least 10 game ban for Osmajic for biting Beck if not more and its completely and utter disgraceful action and behaviour from him. 

We sold near 6,000 tickets for the game, so they were no problem. You have plenty of notice of the change of day or kick off time. 

ok thanks for the reply

Well that is your opinion. 

Enjoyed the day out, my first away game in a while. The performance was pretty flat, not sure if that was down to us or just good organisation by PNE. Even with 10 men they managed to find spaces which is frustrating when we had a spare man.

Thought Travis rose to the occasion more than the rest, he looks really good this season and glad he’s back.

It’s only one poor game but Hedges and Dolan need to make way for the upgrades in Cantwell and Duberry/Weiman next Saturday. also Baker looks totally lost and did at ewood last week out wide hopefully that experiment is over.

Definitely Baker (what does he bring to the team?) and Hedges who's had enough chances and just isn't good enough. A crap Mowbray signing.

At least Dolan was good at bringing the ball out of defence quickly although he doesn't seem to know where and when to release it. But I think he's played quite well so far this season. His effort and pressure is immense.

Weiiman isn't quick enough to do that job and Cantwell isn't fit yet but I'd expect Duberry to give us something there.

• Like 2

After sleeping on it I think it was a naive performance from us and Eustace particularly when they went down to ten men. Their game plan from then was to slow the game down and we enabled them to do this with low intensity play and players wanting too many touches on the ball. With an extra man we hardly moved their midfield and defence around and allowed them to stay in their shape. With hindsight we might have had a better chance of winning had they had eleven. And the naivety continued with the concession of lots of free kicks for them for silly challenges by our players. Some were soft granted but giving the excitable referee a decision to make helped them slow the game right down and stopped any flow or momentum from us.

A frustrating day but the unbeaten run continues and the display gives Eustace and his staff something to work on this week.

• Like 3

Seeing some bizarre posts from Preston and Dingles today.

”haha could only manage a point.”

“You couldn’t beat them like you couldn’t beat us.”

We took a point from you both away and weren’t at our best in either match, with a tiny budget, stupid owners and our assets stripped.

I have a new found respect for Heckingbottom. A better manager than I thought and graceful after the game despite managing a lowly team of thugs. He earned that point.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Is an attacking midfield trio of Baker, Dolan and Hedges good enough ? I don’t see any of them being starting players in a decent team. I’ll give Baker the benefit of the doubt for now but the other two blow cold more than they blow hot for me.

I think people have already lost sight of the fact we have an average Championship squad that that has had very little investment over the last couple of years.

When Dolan and hedges are your main creative outlets and they are having bad games, you’re going to struggle. 

• Like 2

Poor game from any perspective.

Similarities to the Burnley game in that the team with 10 men have a more straightforward game plan and can look more effective at both ends of the pitch. Prefer to see Gueye start over Yuki in future.

Satisfied with a point. I think we all know that we’re in a bit of a false position in the league and we can’t keep relying on 20 yard screamers to win games, but we’re much harder to beat than under JDT and that alone will give us a chance in most games.

• Like 3

A really disappointing performance yesterday where we really struggled to create anything of note despite having an extra man for half of the game.

I thought that Eustace got his team selection wrong by again playing Baker on the left. None of our attacking players came out of the game with any credit, Hedges isnt good enough to be a regular starter, Dolan again flattered to deceive and Ohashi couldnt get involved. Off the bench, Gueye was poor with a few poor touches and needless offsides and Cantwell doesnt look anywhere near fit. Cozier Duberry seems reluctant to take on his full back instead preferring to turn back and play a safe pass.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Definitely Baker (what does he bring to the team?) and Hedges who's had enough chances and just isn't good enough. A crap Mowbray signing.

At least Dolan was good at bringing the ball out of defence quickly although he doesn't seem to know where and when to release it. But I think he's played quite well so far this season. His effort and pressure is immense.

Weiiman isn't quick enough to do that job and Cantwell isn't fit yet but I'd expect Duberry to give us something there.

Dolan has played well this season, more than anyone else he sets the tempo and the workrate that should be expected. 

This team needs to graft to achieve anything, I'd be very surprised if he doesn’t start on Saturday. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A really disappointing performance yesterday where we really struggled to create anything of note despite having an extra man for half of the game.

I thought that Eustace got his team selection wrong by again playing Baker on the left. None of our attacking players came out of the game with any credit, Hedges isnt good enough to be a regular starter, Dolan again flattered to deceive and Ohashi couldnt get involved. Off the bench, Gueye was poor with a few poor touches and needless offsides and Cantwell doesnt look anywhere near fit. Cozier Duberry seems reluctant to take on his full back instead preferring to turn back and play a safe pass.

Any positives?

A poor performance all round, Beck stood out as the only positive, until his moment of madness. Pears made a few good saves, but he doesn't command his box at all. His distribution when he collects the ball is so ponderous, and nearly every pass he gives is behind the player, forcing our player to be facing our goal. Also I thought that Crozier-Duberry was meant to have some pace, he didn't show any when he came on.

Edited by rigger

16 hours ago, ABBEY said:

sorry .. I was singing shit  haha

primark army

Where does all that come from? One bloke in particular towards the back of the stand was keen on that and the 'There's hole in your trainers' haha

Mind you, not our brightest moment as a fanbase at the end shouting 'champions of England, you'll never sing that', at the team whose only real claim to fame is the being the first ever champions of England... at least they've never been in the Premier League, when 'even fucking Wigan have'. That made me laugh.

Edited by GHR
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GHR said:

Where does all that come from? One bloke in particular towards the back of the stand was keen on that and the 'There's hole in your trainers' haha

Mind you, not our brightest moment as a fanbase at the end shouting 'champions of England, you'll never sing that', at the team whose only real claim to fame is the being the first ever champions of England... at least they've never been in the Premier League, when 'even fucking Wigan have'. That made me laugh.

Is the holes in trainers, something to do with string being used to hold them on display racks ( ala Tommy Balls ) ? 

• Like 1

I was away at the weekend so I only managed to watch the highlights. So I cant really comment too much on it. Everyone has said it was a poor display, fair enough, 6 games unbeaten, 2 clean sheets in a row and sitting top 6, take an away draw and move on. Nothing wrong with playing poor and picking up a point in my view, especially away, id almost say its a good sign, don't play great and still come away with something. Still a cracking start to the season. 3 points at home to QPR and this one will be forgotten about rather quickly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Stats based on his performance, which was better than every other keeper in the league. 

I thought Prestons keeper was just as good. His game management in the second half was exactly what Preston needed. But that would not appear in the stats.

32 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Pears can’t catch a break, he was easily our best player.

He made some good saves but we lost any chance of going for a counter attack because of his constant dithering allowing the Nobbers to regroup.

When you're playing on the counter, turning defence into attack as quickly as possible is absolutely key.

• Like 1