BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/09/2024

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

Carer has been excellent this season, back to his best after recovery from injury impacted his game last season. But again, he made nowhere near the contributions Pears made yesterday.

3 excellent saves won us a point. 

Fair enough!

It's great to have this forum for these discussions. Glad we have 3-4 players we are debating over who had the better game in a 0-0. Wouldn't have had this discussion last season!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thought Pears made several good saves, Carter, Hyam, Travis and Batth all had good games 

Basically all our defensive players which I agree with.

So how about this..who had the worst game for us then?

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Carer has been excellent this season, back to his best after recovery from injury impacted his game last season. But again, he made nowhere near the contributions Pears made yesterday.

3 excellent saves won us a point. 

Carter defended excellently throughout. He was snuffing out danger early and had his opposing winger completely in his pocket. After their subs Heckingbottom quickly realised Holmes was getting no joy and switched him over to their right, and he caused Beck issues. He went about his business quietly and effectively, and used the ball better than anyone else. I want to see him moved centrally again as soon as possible though, he’s by far our most athletic defender and is streets ahead of Hyam. I think him and Batth could be a good partnership.

No slight on Pears who was very good overall, some good saves (although not spectacular), but I’d agree with some of the comments around his distribution being questionable.

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thought Pears made several good saves, Carter, Hyam, Travis and Batth all had good games 

Agreed on all of those except Hyam. I thought he looked dreadful when anyone ran at him. Beaten in the air too often and when he did win his headers several went 6 feet in the air and 6 inches forward.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, arbitro said:

The referee gets his yellow card out first for Beck. Perhaps it was force of habit 😁

How on earth has the linesman not seen the bite by the ugly Nobber? 

I saw that he pulled the yellow then the red.  I thought he was messin with Beck's head.  Was that sort of idiot.  Another poor poor reffin display.  Carters Yellow was shameful I thought. He barely touched the lad on the arm as he ran past.  Preston were guilty of much more all game long and got away with it.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said like we did to Burnley a few weeks ago is exactly what PNE did to us. Their chances came from set pieces. Our didn't against Burnley. 

So no praise for clean sheet and Pears making some good saves and we remaining unbeaten in our opening 6 games? 

Praise police is it? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ABBEY said:

anyone who seen it on tv or since ..was cantwell a yellow . in the ground didn't think it were a foul.

I've seen it and the replay once, I thought he never even made contact.  Same with their keepers head at the end there was no contact I saw as he tried to clear him.  Did not even ruffle his hair.  It is all going tits up for me is football.  You can't play kike we used to what ince were great tackles are now yellows, sometines more,  What galls me just as much is all this fuckin cheatin, sick of it.  Playacting, faking injury,  trying to get opponents sent off.  It makes the soort we kove just look bad and WTF is all this god-damned rolling around on the ground.  Pitiful 

• Like 2

Hedges poorest player against the knobbers for me. 

Pears easily MOTM and has just a smidgeon of Rayas cat-like qualities. The rest of his game needs serious improvement-a new goalie coach perhaps?

It still rankles with me how we virtually gave away

one of the worlds great goalies - (albeit not fully developed then). Mowbrayfication at its finest! 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I've seen it and the replay once, I thought he never even made contact.  Same with their keepers head at the end there was no contact I saw as he tried to clear him.  Did not even ruffle his hair.  It is all going tits up for me is football.  You can't play kike we used to what ince were great tackles are now yellows, sometines more,  What galls me just as much is all this fuckin cheatin, sick of it.  Playacting, faking injury,  trying to get opponents sent off.  It makes the soort we kove just look bad and WTF is all this god-damned rolling around on the ground.  Pitiful 

I know, it makes me tired. A winger in my rugby league team played most of a recent game with broken ribs. I wondered why he kept holding his side ! Shaun Edwards once played nearly the whole of a RL Cup Final with a broken jaw ! Are they men or are they mice ? 
How many games had sendings off at the weekend ? I went for three seasons when I first started watching Rovers without seeing a single sending off. Mike England at the dingle dome after a running battle with Andy Lochead  was the first. Another 3 seasons went by before I saw my second sending off. And it really was rough and tumble back in that era. Now you can nearly guarantee you’ll see one if you go to three or four games.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces