BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/09/2024

18 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Hedges poorest player against the knobbers for me. 

Pears easily MOTM and has just a smidgeon of Rayas cat-like qualities. The rest of his game needs serious improvement-a new goalie coach perhaps?

It still rankles with me how we virtually gave away

one of the worlds great goalies - (albeit not fully developed then). Mowbrayfication at its finest! 

Wooah there mate slow down

Raya is currently world class sure playing in premier league and champions League and consistently performing 

Pears has currently made a couple of clean sheets in the championship so let's just hold perspective 

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 hours ago, booth said:

Seeing some bizarre posts from Preston and Dingles today.

”haha could only manage a point.”

“You couldn’t beat them like you couldn’t beat us.”

We took a point from you both away and weren’t at our best in either match, with a tiny budget, stupid owners and our assets stripped.

I have a new found respect for Heckingbottom. A better manager than I thought and graceful after the game despite managing a lowly team of thugs. He earned that point.

The most bizarre post I saw was on a Preston forum where a poster (seemingly seriously) suggested that Beck had gotten another Rovers player to bite him to make it look like Osmajic had attacked him. This was after the Twitter video blatantly showing the incident had been posted. In fairness most of the other posters were laughing at him, but yeah, there's some major levels of delusion out there. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

The most bizarre post I saw was on a Preston forum where a poster (seemingly seriously) suggested that Beck had gotten another Rovers player to bite him to make it look like Osmajic had attacked him. This was after the Twitter video blatantly showing the incident had been posted. In fairness most of the other posters were laughing at him, but yeah, there's some major levels of delusion out there. 

Cause pne supporters are thick as shit

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

🤣. Very easy to match a bite mark up with someone's gnashers!

Anyone have any idea how long it's likely to take to hear any outcome from the FA?

33 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Hedges poorest player against the knobbers for me. 

Pears easily MOTM and has just a smidgeon of Rayas cat-like qualities. The rest of his game needs serious improvement-a new goalie coach perhaps?

It still rankles with me how we virtually gave away

one of the worlds great goalies - (albeit not fully developed then). Mowbrayfication at its finest! 

And virtually gave him away to fund a move for GALLAGHER at that. 

14 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Hedges did okay imo, except his final ball which can be said about everyone in the team.

Worst player by far was Baker imo, did nothing.

In fairness to Baker he looked like a fish out of water on the left. He kept drifting infield and on a number of occasions left Beck exposed. I thought it would have been better to have Hedges on the left and Baker on the right which would have given us better balance.

• Like 2

Paul Heckingbottom has a managerial career founded and grounded in football thuggery.

He became an expert in managing a team to kick their way through the divisions.

A new dawn of pure football is arriving at Deepdale under his watch? Not in this lifetime.

Pears played his part in a second clean sheet and was fine but he didnt do anything really beyond 3 fairly routine saves. The second was the best of the 3 but even then, had that gone in then fingers would have been pointed.

He certainly does not have Raya's "cat like qualities."

• Like 3

Interesting to watch yet another refereeing masterpiece on the same day Haaland deliberately (with some force) throws the ball at the back of an opponents head - retrospective red card ?? (we all know the answer) and yet previously Buckley got straight red for throwing the ball with far less force. The inconsistency is unreal.

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Pears played his part in a second clean sheet and was fine but he didnt do anything really beyond 3 fairly routine saves. The second was the best of the 3 but even then, had that gone in then fingers would have been pointed.

He certainly does not have Raya's "cat like qualities."

Surely everyone played their part in the clean sheet? 

33 minutes ago, arbitro said:

In fairness to Baker he looked like a fish out of water on the left. He kept drifting infield and on a number of occasions left Beck exposed. I thought it would have been better to have Hedges on the left and Baker on the right which would have given us better balance.

That’s just too obvious.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Interesting to watch yet another refereeing masterpiece on the same day Haaland deliberately (with some force) throws the ball at the back of an opponents head - retrospective red card ?? (we all know the answer) and yet previously Buckley got straight red for throwing the ball with far less force. The inconsistency is unreal.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/13220612/erling-haaland-man-city-striker-to-face-no-retrospective-punishment-over-arsenal-incidents-in-2-2-draw

There's your answer. So Buckley's was deemed violent conduct but Haaland's wasn't. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Has the game gone soft or has it not?

I hate the 'shithousery' term, but I loved the Haaland move. It's great to see teams that genuinely hate each other and loved him throwing the ball at a couple of pricks and then barging into one of them. Good to see a footballer who isn't just a big mouth followed by the hopes of some teammates holding him back. 

1 hour ago, DE. said:

😂

Brilliant. 

1 hour ago, DE. said:

I worked with 2 die hard PNE fans who both said he deserves the book throwing at him and one said to sell him cos his conduct and behaviour is utterly unacceptable and he shouldn't play for them again

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rigger said:

I thought Prestons keeper was just as good. His game management in the second half was exactly what Preston needed. But that would not appear in the stats.

The one save he made was poor, presenting the ball to Dolan when he hit the post. On another day that’s 1-0 down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, only2garners said:

The one save he made was poor, presenting the ball to Dolan when he hit the post. On another day that’s 1-0 down.

If we didn't score, it was a good save. If you hit the post and it stays out, it is not a goal, on any day.

Edited by rigger

The more I see that bite incident the more it looks like  Beck was trying to knock the ball out of play.

At the very most it was a light mistimed tap causing the nob to do a death dive.

The bite was gbh and should be dealt with as such.

The ref a cowardly cretin basking in TV cameras. Pathetic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The more I see that bite incident the more it looks like  Beck was trying to knock the ball out of play.

At the very most it was a light mistimed tap causing the nob to do a death dive.

The linesman is guilty of a dereliction of duty. He is a few yards away looking straight at the incident. Beck then says to him twice "he's bit me" and tries to show him the bite mark. The linesman doesn't even make eye contact and walks away. At the very least he should have alerted the referee to the allegation by Beck and the Nobber told that the allegation will be reported for further investigation. Had Sky and their many cameras not been there I think he wouldn't even be charged.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

There's an angle that shows him clearly kicking the ball then him connecting with the Preston player who is running to the ball.

From a different angle it looks like a deliberate kick so I can't blame the ref for that one, but the linesman should have seen it. He was closer than the cameras were.

• Like 1