BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/09/2024

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

In fairness to Baker he looked like a fish out of water on the left. He kept drifting infield and on a number of occasions left Beck exposed. I thought it would have been better to have Hedges on the left and Baker on the right which would have given us better balance.

He was drifting inside under instruction from the manager.

If we look at similar games over the last couple of seasons, I think we are probably around 4 points better off. Then about 5 points better off than this time last season. I’ll absolutely take that at the moment, especially the seemingly improved resilience. I am however hopeful that Cantwell gets up to speed soon, I especially haven’t been impressed with Baker so far but it’s early days. 

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

Can we expect Rovers raising this or do they treat it as premiership rules differ?

11 hours ago, USABlue said:

I saw that he pulled the yellow then the red.  I thought he was messin with Beck's head.  Was that sort of idiot.  Another poor poor reffin display.  Carters Yellow was shameful I thought. He barely touched the lad on the arm as he ran past.  Preston were guilty of much more all game long and got away with it.

He was equally shit for both sides.

The Cantwell yellow was the most ridiculous, barely just a foul.

The Nobbers red was the right decision, the Beck one wasn't for me but I can see why it would be for someone else. How biting an opponent isn't a straight red I'll never know.

He just blew for absolutely anything and everything, got the cards out at any opportunity. Totally lost control of the game.

I've watched two games now where the referees were absolutely terrible. Not just getting a couple of decisions wrong but just absolute incompetence and a total lack of understanding about the game.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, neophox said:

Greenwood challenge versus Beck challenge ...strange and poor refereeing....but nothing unusual for this league

Greenwoods challenge was a potential leg breaker. That's what, imho, he tried to do and looked like a proud bugs bunny as he waltzed off milking the home fanidiots applause.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

And that’s gone through a GPS vest as well!

Cunt Dracula will get at least 10 games for that.

Hopefully Andy. Fortunately biting is a rare occurrence in the game and there has to be a big deterrent laid down here by the FA. I would say exactly the same if it was one of our players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

And that’s gone through a GPS vest as well!

Cunt Dracula will get at least 10 games for that.

12 games, a dozen raw dead rats and as much offal as he can consume.

Maybe then players will be a bit safer from the vampire nob.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Upside Down said:

He was equally shit for both sides.

The Cantwell yellow was the most ridiculous, barely just a foul.

The Nobbers red was the right decision, the Beck one wasn't for me but I can see why it would be for someone else. How biting an opponent isn't a straight red I'll never know.

He just blew for absolutely anything and everything, got the cards out at any opportunity. Totally lost control of the game.

I've watched two games now where the referees were absolutely terrible. Not just getting a couple of decisions wrong but just absolute incompetence and a total lack of understanding about the game.

He sent Beck off just because he can and wanted another red card.

Simple as that. A Rover was going whatever happened.

Why else did he book Cantwell as a prep but then Beck obliged.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Greenwoods challenge was a potential leg breaker. That's what, imho, he tried to do and looked like a proud bugs bunny as he waltzed off milking the home fanidiots applause.

Even for old timers like us that was a really bad challenge. He could have had no complaints at all there. Beck’s was just the sort of stupid thing young players do. Having said that they.’ll both get 3 matches, that just shows up the flaws in the system.

• Like 2

Can’t help thinking that whoever put this on social media with the accompanying description of the perpetrator, hasn’t done Beck or BRFC any favours. Don’t do your dirty washing in public, just let the authorities do their job without the added baggage of social media attention seeking.

On 23/09/2024 at 14:48, rigger said:

If we didn't score, it was a good save. If you hit the post and it stays out, it is not a goal, on any day.

I’m just imagining what you and others would have said if it had been Pears who had made that save and a North End player had hit our post.

4 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I’m just imagining what you and others would have said if it had been Pears who had made that save and a North End player had hit our post.

Exactly the same. " Good save, bad miss".