BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 22/09/2024

19 hours ago, Ianrally said:

After the incident I put on the BBC Football web site "Is Osmajic from Transylvania" The took it off because they said it was offensive. I don't think they understood the humour.

There was a story about sperm donors getting £10 more for their contributions, and my message saying "Don't tell Boris Johnson, he's got enough children" got taken down.

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

One thing iv always been a bit peeved about and I believe souness brought up similar in the past but the crime or the incident was against one of our players so where are we getting justice from if he is banned playing against other teams. I’d much prefer a match ban against playing us and a fine of course for good measure 

Not a bad idea: 10 games plus the next match against that team.

The ‘against that team’ bit could be an interesting idea to add on to red cards in general, especially if it transcends seasons.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

PNE are hoping Milutin Osmajić will only receive a four-game ban [@reluctantnicko]

This would be ONE game more than Beck got. I would say the nerve on them, but with the FA they’ve probably got a chance. The book needs throwing at the dirty f*cker.

There is a precedent here with Suarez getting ten games. Anything less than that will be a disgrace but as you rightly say the FA are so inconsistent. 

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

There is a precedent here with Suarez getting ten games. Anything less than that will be a disgrace but as you rightly say the FA are so inconsistent. 

Wasn't that 10 game ban for a second offence. I think it was 5 games for 1st.

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Did the Suarez ban length take into account the fact he'd done it before in the Netherlands? Genuine question. 

4 games would be a joke though, especially considering he got to play last night.

1 minute ago, sabino said:

Wasn't that 10 game ban for a second offence. I think it was 5 games for 1st.

The ten game ban was for an incident in the PL under the jurisdiction of the FA. From memory his other sending off was in the World Cup under the jurisdiction of FIFA.

1 minute ago, RTM08 said:

Did the Suarez ban length take into account the fact he'd done it before in the Netherlands? Genuine question. 

4 games would be a joke though, especially considering he got to play last night.

I genuinely don't know but both punishments were handed out by different associations.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

The ten game ban was for an incident in the PL under the jurisdiction of the FA. From memory his other sending off was in the World Cup under the jurisdiction of FIFA.

Nixon referenced an incident with Jefferson Lerma who received a 6 game ban for a biting incident on Josh Windass 

Preston hoping it be lower than 6 due to him pleading guilty 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, G Somerset Rover said:

PNE are hoping Milutin Osmajić will only receive a four-game ban [@reluctantnicko]

This would be ONE game more than Beck got. I would say the nerve on them, but with the FA they’ve probably got a chance. The book needs throwing at the dirty f*cker.

There’s an automatic six match ban for spitting at an opponent - do Preston seriously think biting is a lesser offence than this??

Absolute wassocks (as are the FA should he get off so lightly) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RTM08 said:

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

I genuinely don't know but both punishments were handed out by different associations.

https://www.thefa.com/News/governance/2013/apr/~/media/164A568A93784FE391CC1FDAB4D7313F.ashx

See sanction section, I see no reference to the previous incident being mentioned.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah but like others said he had previous 

The Lerma incident was more recent and was in this division 

The judgment shows they didn’t consider Suarez’s previous actions (although admittedly they may have subconsciously done so)

There are references to ‘top division’ and ‘worldwide audience’ in their explanation to his punishment so perhaps (incorrectly imo) the PNE player will get a lesser punishment as it’s ’only’ the championship.

I guess we will all find out soon enough.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Eight match ban confirmed by the FA.
I mean, better than their hoped 8, but baffling as to why it is less than the 10 Suarez got.

Nice to see their fans crying on social media at least.

8 games seems like a reasonable punishment, which surprises me alot as the FA (or whoever) usually bottle these sort of decisions. 

Seen a couple of PNE fans suggesting the punishment is harsh, absolutely bizarre that they can't see that he has rightly been slapped with an 8 game ban and a fine.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, G Somerset Rover said:

Eight match ban confirmed by the FA.
I mean, better than their hoped 8, but baffling as to why it is less than the 10 Suarez got.

Nice to see their fans crying on social media at least.

14 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

The judgment shows they didn’t consider Suarez’s previous actions (although admittedly they may have subconsciously done so)

There are references to ‘top division’ and ‘worldwide audience’ in their explanation to his punishment so perhaps (incorrectly imo) the PNE player will get a lesser punishment as it’s ’only’ the championship.

I guess we will all find out soon enough.

Could be the things I mentioned in this post. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

They wanted 4, we wanted 10, 8 seems like a pretty reasonable result. 

Allowing him to play on was the issue. Just suspend whilst the final decision is made. Was never going to be less than the usual 3 games for a straight red, so why on earth not ban immediately. 

If they stay up by less than 3 pts I can see the other relegated teams being pretty angry. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Silas said:

They wanted 4, we wanted 10, 8 seems like a pretty reasonable result. 

Allowing him to play on was the issue. Just suspend whilst the final decision is made. Was never going to be less than the usual 3 games for a straight red, so why on earth not ban immediately. 

If they stay up by less than 3 pts I can see the other relegated teams being pretty angry. 

Precisely, the minute he pleaded guilty the automatic 3 game ban should have kicked in.

That would have given the FA until after the international break to decide on the necessary additional punishment.

• Like 1