BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 1/10/2024

Advance warning: this fixture is no longer pay on the gate 

And away tickets can no longer be ordered over the phone and posted out through the Rovers ticket office, forcing fans to use the wonderful rovers.co.uk website 

• Like 1

Bugger, I won't know whether I can make it until Monday so that has basically decided it for me.

Edit - depending on when the cut off point for sales is, there is an option to collect from Coventry's ground.
Really don't see the issue in not allowing sales at the ground, it's not as if we're going to sell out is it?

Edited by Derby Blue

4 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

anyone get the impression that rovers see fans as an inconvinience😑

But surely it's Coventry's decision not to sell on the day? 
I get the point about not being able to phone up and buy, thats just wrong when they have the tickets there, the staff available and someone still have to put a ticket into an envelope to post it out.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Derby Blue said:

But surely it's Coventry's decision not to sell on the day? 
I get the point about not being able to phone up and buy, thats just wrong when they have the tickets there, the staff available and someone still have to put a ticket into an envelope to post it out.....

Yes, Coventry’s decision apparently and probably part of the national dash to eliminate cash. The irony is last season I tried to pay on the gate with card but they said they took cash only - cue desperate dash by me to the nearest supermarket hole in the wall in order to make kickoff.

Rovers decision not to sell tickets over the phone does not make sense for the reasons you stated. For me it was the most convenient way to buy away tickets  and avoided having to use the clunky and often unusable rovers.co.uk website.

I understand this digital drive but the club should still offer other ways of purchasing tickets and for those unhappy with the changes all it does is give people another reason not to attend matches. To me it’s just another example of poor management by the club

• Like 4

You can just about understand the rationale for home tickets as they are in the club’s gift, I.e to print out etc (though obviously they still should).

But being barred from walking into the shop to buy an away ticket that is literally sitting there printed on the counter, but now you have to wait a week for the staff to put in envelopes and post it to you sums up the nonsense down there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

But being barred from walking into the shop to buy an away ticket that is literally sitting there printed on the counter, but now you have to wait a week for the staff to put in envelopes and post it to you sums up the nonsense down there.

I don't think I will ever get my head around this.

Back in my younger days a huge part of the thrill of going to an away game was going to the ticket office and getting the match ticket in hand without the need for calling up or messing about online.

Some folk are missing the point. 

What they're saying is that they no longer sell tickets over the phone and tickets must be purchased online. In both cases the tickets are posted out

For fans who cannot get to Ewood, or don't like using the internet, buying over the phone was easy and seamless - but is now not available because of the drive to go digital only. 

I cannot imagine they're saving much if any money by axing telephone sales - and people will still have to be employed to send out the tickets anyway. 

With a shrinking fanbase it doesn't make sense to me to reduce the number of ways in which fans can access tickets - but CEOs are paid £300,000 a year to make these decisions so you have to assume they know better

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

Some folk are missing the point. 

What they're saying is that they no longer sell tickets over the phone and tickets must be purchased online. In both cases the tickets are posted out

For fans who cannot get to Ewood, or don't like using the internet, buying over the phone was easy and seamless - but is now not available because of the drive to go digital only. 

I cannot imagine they're saving much if any money by axing telephone sales - and people will still have to be employed to send out the tickets anyway. 

With a shrinking fanbase it doesn't make sense to me to reduce the number of ways in which fans can access tickets - but CEOs are paid £300,000 a year to make these decisions so you have to assume they know better

To be honest, if you ring the club up and tell them that your having problems with the website they will usually sell them over the phone for you.

A mate of mine did it for the PNE game because he couldn't get the website to work.

It's part of the classic corporate takeover that is set to engulf everything all being shaped to suit money makers and totalitarian intended govts.

No conspiracy it's an absolute fact and the only way to keep thing normal and to keep peoples freedom of choices is to stand up to it, speak out against it and say NO.

Not just shrug shoulders, moan and follow on like lemmings but that's the generation we now live in and they'll slowly take away everything that's fun or tradition whilst telling you it's better for you and the planet.

I still have train ticket stubs from an away game at Oldham in the early 80's my first ever away game as a kid and the ticket stub from the FMC at Wembley.

What will kids save now ?  A digi ticket in a file on a phone that will be busted knackered or lost in a few years.

If you want to keep tradition then fight for it.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Not sure anyone’s missing the point.

We all agree it’s a ridiculous set of affairs for both home games when we have a half empty ground every week, plus refusing to sell an away ticket to someone in the shop or on the phone when the pile of tickets is sitting on the counter.

Edited by Mattyblue

14 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

To be honest, if you ring the club up and tell them that your having problems with the website they will usually sell them over the phone for you.

A mate of mine did it for the PNE game because he couldn't get the website to work.

I was told categorically yesterday that ticket sales over the phone have ended. 

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I was told categorically yesterday that ticket sales over the phone have ended. 

Like i said, "officially" they have and that's what they are telling everyone, and steering everyone towards digital.

But, as mentioned before if you ring up and explain your having problems with the website they will sell you one over the phone with a bit of persistence, as someone I know did the other week for the Preston game.

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Coventry City (a) - 1/10/2024
13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Not sure anyone’s missing the point.

We all agree it’s a ridiculous set of affairs for both home games when we have a half empty ground every week, plus refusing to sell an away ticket to someone in the shop or on the phone when the pile of tickets is sitting on the counter.

Home match tickets you can still buy over the phone and from the shop I believe, but they charge you an extra £2 for doing so!

Just away tickets that are "exclusively" online.

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Coventry City (a) - 1/10/2024 k/o 19:45
6 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

That's what I'm doing for Plymouth away, tried to book online yesterday but couldn't cos my account had "ran out" 🙄

2 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

So the only way, I can  go to an away match this season is to print a ticket off the Internet, using a website that is at best not user friendly? 

There is an option when ordering online to collect them from Ewood or have them posted to you. In some instances you can collect them from the away ground where we are playing but I've never done that.

The at the ground collections can be a pain in the arse also.

Millwall away few seasons ago we strolled up to their ticket office and bought two for the away section no bother. 5 lads in front of us however had already ordered and paid from Rovers but their tickets where coming down on the first official supporters coach.

Goes without saying it had been delayed in traffic so these lot couldn't go in until they arrived and had to hang around outside.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

There is an option when ordering online to collect them from Ewood or have them posted to you. In some instances you can collect them from the away ground where we are playing but I've never done that.

Thank you, I used to ring the club up and collect them when convenient.. No doubt there's a charge for that too... 

Dangerous game getting them posted to you, cos Royal Mail dont deliver every day now and sometimes only once a week.. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Thank you, I used to ring the club up and collect them when convenient.. No doubt there's a charge for that too... 

Dangerous game getting them posted to you, cos Royal Mail dont deliver every day now and sometimes only once a week.. 

As yet there is no charge for collection. It is.my preferred method and except for the cup match at Stockport I have done it for every away game so far.

44 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The at the ground collections can be a pain in the arse also.

Millwall away few seasons ago we strolled up to their ticket office and bought two for the away section no bother. 5 lads in front of us however had already ordered and paid from Rovers but their tickets where coming down on the first official supporters coach.

Goes without saying it had been delayed in traffic so these lot couldn't go in until they arrived and had to hang around outside.

I agree. It's a risk I personally wouldn't take.

• Like 1