BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 1/10/2024

On 26/09/2024 at 15:49, DeeCee said:

That's what I'm doing for Plymouth away, tried to book online yesterday but couldn't cos my account had "ran out" 🙄

After 5 minutes or so pissing about sorting my new/old account out. Managed to get my ticket online with 1 minute 30 seconds to go before my seat reservation ran out!

Why do they make it so difficult?  🙄

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

After 5 minutes or so pissing about sorting my new/old account out. Managed to get my ticket online with 1 minute 30 seconds to go before my seat reservation ran out!

finish work early on friday so though id`e collect my coventry tickets,must be some massive jobsworth in the corridors of ewood coming up with the daft idea   i can collect my tickets in person but can`t pay for them in person😂

• Like 3

17 hours ago, arbitro said:

As yet there is no charge for collection. It is.my preferred method and except for the cup match at Stockport I have done it for every away game so far.

Which is fine, but twice I have gone down over 24 hours after I purchased and got told to come back next week as they weren’t available for collection.

The ticket system that is in place is not to everyone's liking, but it is the one being used now and probably will be in the future, get used to it. I remember paying cash on the gate, systems get updated, maybe not always for the better, but you have to get on with it.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

The ticket system that is in place is not to everyone's liking, but it is the one being used now and probably will be in the future, get used to it. I remember paying cash on the gate, systems get updated, maybe not always for the better, but you have to get on with it.

How can buying a ticket early on a Thursday morning and being told the only free option is collection, but I can’t collect it until Monday be to anyones liking.  That can’t and should not be ‘the future’.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Which is fine, but twice I have gone down over 24 hours after I purchased and got told to come back next week as they weren’t available for collection.

That's another area where they let themselves down - basic communication. The day after I ordered our Burnley tickets (I assume Burnley is one of the games you refer to) I went down to collect them and was told they wouldn't be available to collect until the following week. Had they stated that when I bought them it would have made more sense.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

How is it sensible to be able to order online and then have an option to pick it up in person. That's nothing to do with systems or the future. There should be choices for supporters who want to buy in person or online.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, rigger said:

Agreed - change is inevitable, so you can either get upset by it or adapt.

Things like this are at least partly driven by environmental/sustainability targets that all clubs will be held accountable to.

Whilst cash is still THE legal tender you should be able to use it and whilst paper tickets and ticket sales/collection points are still in service you should have that choice to use them.

There should be no debate.

• Like 4

The climate cult are a law unto themselves and most of these things will be govt driven orders  initiatives.

Easy targets for nudge units are supermarkets, fuel stations and football clubs dealing with millions of customers daily.

• Like 3

Annoying that they can’t be bought on the day. I’m not sure if I can make it yet. It does look like I’ll be able to collect them at the ground but I’m guessing I’ll need to order them by Monday at the latest.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

How is not letting you buy an already printed out and on the shop counter away ticket in person helping the environment?

Because they use a stamp, helping the Royal mail so they can deliver it to you so you don't have drive down to pick it up. Oh wait......

I think the back 4 and keeper isnt necessarily our best combination but considering our recent record and with Beck out, those 5 and the 2 midfielders pick themselves.

Its the front 4 that has the most questions. Hedges deserves dropping and its hard to pick which striker to choose.

Pears

Carter Batth Hyam Pickering

Tronstad Travis

Cozier Duberry Cantwell Dolan

Gueye

Subs: Toth, McFadzean, Brittain, JRC, Baker, Ohashi, Sigurdsson, Weimann, Buckley

• Like 1

It is all going wrong for Coventry so far this season.

Apparently only losing 3-0 at Leeds flattered them 

No suddenly clicking into place on Tuesday night for them please.

How much Eustace is willing to use his big squad will be a lively discussion on here. I will go with Wharton, Gilsenan, Vale and Leonard not being on the bench. And no Beck either.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

my team 

Pears

Carter Batth Hyam Pickering

Travis Tronstad

Cozier-Duberry Dolan Weimann

Gueye

Subs:- Toth McFadzean Hedges, JRC Buckley Baker Cantwell Ohashi Sigurdsson

On 27/09/2024 at 19:15, DeeCee said:

It’s not as easy as to use as if should be, and the software that drives it doesn’t seem stable. Basically it’s gives the appearance of being a poor, cheap site.

The match worries me. Coventry have started the season badly and are due a win. And we haven’t lost. That’s not a good combination as we have a history of messing up matches we ought to win.

Plus I’ve never seen Rovers beat Coventry home or away, going back to the infamous match at Ewood in 1967.  My worst jinx team. There’s 3 of us going to the Ricoh. Hopefully the spell will be broken

• Like 2

Back 7 picks itself, unless the injury/illness situation changes before Tuesday. 

Can't see Cozier-Duberry starting this one, nor would I pick him , I think he'll have to wait a while yet. I do think Gueye will start , with Dolan, Hedges and Weimann. 

Edited by M_B
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

It’s not as easy as to use as if should be, and the software that drives it doesn’t seem stable. Basically it’s gives the appearance of being a poor, cheap site.

The match worries me. Coventry have started the season badly and are due a win. And we haven’t lost. That’s not a good combination as we have a history of messing up matches we ought to win.

Plus I’ve never seen Rovers beat Coventry home or away, going back to the infamous match at Ewood in 1967.  My worst jinx team. There’s 3 of us going to the Ricoh. Hopefully the spell will be broken

I think we should start a crowd funder to keep you away 😉 

It's the archetypal banana skin, for sure, and as you say our record there is poor.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, M_B said:

Back 7 picks itself, unless the injury/illness situation changes before Tuesday. 

Can't see Cozier-Duberry starting this one, nor would I pick him , I think he'll have to wait a while yet. I do think Gueye will start , with Dolan, Hedges and Weimann. 

Would you personally start Hedges?

8 hours ago, philipl said:

It is all going wrong for Coventry so far this season.

Apparently only losing 3-0 at Leeds flattered them 

No suddenly clicking into place on Tuesday night for them please.

How much Eustace is willing to use his big squad will be a lively discussion on here. I will go with Wharton, Gilsenan, Vale and Leonard not being on the bench. And no Beck either.

Wharton is out for most of the season and Vale is out on loan.

Edited by waynerovers