BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 1/10/2024

Bristol City esque with how we’ve done our utmost to lose this from the first whistle to the last.

What the f*ck is it with us and these ‘performances’ where we look like we’ve been on the piss the previous night? The inconsistency is so infuriating.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

You know what else is a good identification of a player, his name.

Take off the English lad and bring on the Senegalese lad. that English keeper needs to be rested for Hungarian lad.

Wish we hadn't sold the English/Irish/Hungarian guy last summer

Change rested for dropped and yes that is correct 

3 minutes ago, Blow-in said:

You know what else is a good identification of a player, his name.

Take off the English lad and bring on the Senegalese lad. that English keeper needs to be rested for Hungarian lad.

Wish we hadn't sold the English/Irish/Hungarian guy last summer

Talk about desperately trying to make a mountain out of not only not a molehill but something that isn't even there in the first place.

Edit: But yes you're right  - after that 3rd goal the English keeper needs resting for the Hungarian lad

• Like 2

One if the worst performances of recent times. It's been as bad as Bristol City and Southampton last year. We're just lucky the scoreline doesn't reflect it.

I thought the start we had was a bit false, but this is a proper reality check.

• Like 3

That's it now for Pears.

But the rest are shite too, can't see anyone out there who deserves to wear the shirt on Saturday. Hope JE blasts them.

Edited by Cherry Blue

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

John Buckley has looked so dire since he came on 

He's managed to make a slow team even slower. Options ahead of him but nah, takes a few touches then passes backwards.

• Like 2

Put a performance in and loose it’s totally fine. The manner of the performance, shipping 3 goals, against a team who haven’t even got going this season is not acceptable.

Need a reaction on Saturday…and FFS Eustace start Gueye!!! 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Steve Waggott.

I like to throw as much at Swag as the next guy but Pears was signed through nepostism on Mowbrays part and we’ve since signed 2 different replacements over the last 2 years yet he’s still here throwing the ball in his own net. 

We were lucky in the last 2 with the 10 men... Preston especially could have put 2 or 3 past us... I fully expect this to be the highest we'll be all season.

This lot don't have the stones to deal with things when it gets tough.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2024 at 08:10, jim mk2 said:

Plus I’ve never seen Rovers beat Coventry home or away, going back to the infamous match at Ewood in 1967.  My worst jinx team. There’s 3 of us going to the Ricoh. Hopefully the spell will be broken

Stay at home next time please Jim.

• Like 2

Just now, booth said:

He's managed to make a slow team even slower. Options ahead of him but nah, takes a few touches then passes backwards.

Agreed. It's a free hit for him this to express himself and make a statement yet he's actually managed to make us look worse.

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

One if the worst performances of recent times. It's been as bad as Bristol City and Southampton last year. We're just lucky the scoreline doesn't reflect it.

I thought the start we had was a bit false, but this is a proper reality check.

A mid table finish is a good effort with this squad.