BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Coventry City (a) - 1/10/2024

On one hand I am hoping that it was just the terrible conditions...

But the issue is we will play twice a week most weeks from November to January where a lot of games will be in these sorts of conditions.

You never really know what sort of season you are going to have till start of December in the Championship... Its a different race once the games come thick and fast.

Biggest problem for me is that the subs made zero impact. You really need them as the squad gets stretched.

7 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Early season euphoria gone.

Pears, Pickering, Hyam, Dolan, Hedges, Buckley all as bad as we know they really are.

Big questions marks against the Sengalese and Jap lads.

Baker looks another dolloper.

Kin ell Merce!!!!

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Regardless of what you thought the ref issued a yellow for the second so I'm not sure why you're being arsey.

And he didn't for the first, which makes a bit of a difference. 

Anyway, that was a terrible performance.

Rovers didn't fancy the rain tonight, or staying at the top of the Championship. 

A loss is fine but that was unacceptable and players need taking off quicker. It was clear from the start and major changes should have happened at half time.

2 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

Rovers didn't fancy the rain tonight, or staying at the top of the Championship. 

A loss is fine but that was unacceptable and players need taking off quicker. It was clear from the start and major changes should have happened at half time.

A little strange that Eustace waited that long before making changes.

5 minutes ago, RutlandRover said:

Shit performance from everyone obviously (apart from Cozier-Duberry) but I'm getting very concerned that our bargain-basement front two haven't shown up at all for 3 games running now.

ACD doesn’t go on the outside to cross like we want him to, he cuts inside and shoots without any power. He’s not making any impact imho. I’m very disappointed. We still don’t have any pace in the side. 
It would also help if our players passed the ball to our players rather than the opposition!

• Like 2

Can't really complain about the start we have had this season and just pray this isnt the start of us dropping like a stone. The midweek games need serious improvement. Id be interested to see our midweek game stats over the last 2 years. Feels like we lose an awful lot of them. Id guess at like 70%...

Edited by BigBar
  • Like 1

Some dire performances ..Carter needed to be hooked for his own protection..his confidence was shot within the first ten minutes…..Dolan had tunnel vision ..too clever for his own good, Cantwell looked like he couldn’t arsed..a real passenger, Hyam looks a very pale shadow of what he was ( needs to be dropped for Plymouth ), Pickering had lead in his boots and his brain….Pears  ?? no words ….

I was screaming for subs to come on….enter Buckley !!!!..then I was  screaming for him to go off…WHAT does this lad offer ???

Those not named were no better…all looked unfit physically, unfit mentally we knew a defeat was due….but we didn’t just lose…..we abandoned ship.

Much work to do Eustace..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roversinmyblood said:

ACD doesn’t go on the outside to cross like we want him to, he cuts inside and shoots without any power. He’s not making any impact imho. I’m very disappointed. We still don’t have any pace in the side. 
It would also help if our players passed the ball to our players rather than the opposition!

I like the look of ACD but I definitely agree that we haven't been able to bring in some much needed pace.

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

Roll-up, roll-up, get your bargain 17 match tickets.

Bargain? How much are we getting paid to take them then?

Edited by bluebruce

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Cov were just too physical and quick for us. We looked slow and lethargic. Our final ball was dogshit. 

Bad night all round. Reaction needed at Plymouth. 

well we certainly did`nt expand any energy tonight,should be fresh for saturday

i would`nt let dolan on the bus,let the stupid **** find his own way home,thats if he can work out where he lives

we did not fancy that game tonight

5 minutes ago, Ghost7 said:

I tend to agree but like the Blackpool game if anything we looked worse after the changes.

Well that will teach me for feeling confident!

I think its important to not over react. Was a terrible watch but the team has over achieved so far and one bad night if it is that will soon be forgotten with 3 points at Plymouth.

Question is, will they bounce back? Not a single player comes out with any credit from that, that was awful.

Batth in particular for me but just really poor all round. 

Difficult pitch but the opposition came through it with 3 goals and conditions are only going to get worse now.

Only one team fancied it tonight.

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Hard to criticise our strikers when they get no service. We lack creativity, and still lack pace down the wings. 

Dolan and Hedges are both inconsistent but they're our best ball carriers and get on the ball a lot. We were too predictable in the build-up and Coventry snatched at us as soon as we made a sloppy pass at the back. A bit like watching Russel Martin's sides... the first goal changed the game. Coventry are difficult to break down and made some changes coming in.